Server time (UTC): 2021-01-17, 21:09
Sign in to follow this  
Hatch

Pack of cigarettes

Describe the issue:

The texture of the cigarettes in the inventory is fine; however, when you place it on the ground it changes texture to cards.

WzxkfLi.jpg?1--------> gEBVua6.jpg?2

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

Yes, all you have to do is place it on the ground.

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Today, just noticed it. Both servers, discovered it in TP

How long have you had this problem?

About 5 minutes ago when I discovered it.

What have you done to fix this already?

Pick it up and drop it again.

Interesting find but seriously OMG! Such a mistake. This needs to be fixed and someone needs to be punished for this. My immersion is ruined.

This is how it is supposed to work currently, changing the other texture requires a model edit which will be done later.

/solved

Magik

Guest JohnAtkin

I approve of it as is...

:P

Guest Ketamine

I made these "magic cards" my bad I never go to take a look at them when I finished them, that's why the texture is so bad. But regards to them changing texture, I don't think I can do anything about that because I can't edit the original card model because of copyright and shit. I don't think it can be changed unless I ask the original maker, but the devs could replace the current model and texture with one that looks good and doesn't switch into cards :P I believe there is a mod on armaholic called cigarettes with a pack of cigarettes that the devs could add instead of mine.

I made these "magic cards" my bad I never go to take a look at them when I finished them, that's why the texture is so bad. But regards to them changing texture, I don't think I can do anything about that because I can't edit the original card model because of copyright and shit. I don't think it can be changed unless I ask the original maker, but the devs could replace the current model and texture with one that looks good and doesn't switch into cards :P I believe there is a mod on armaholic called cigarettes with a pack of cigarettes that the devs could add instead of mine.

No one said the texture is bad, its great!

Also feel free to edit the model - its part of the open source DayZ community addons. Free for anyone to edit and use as they please with credit.

Guest Ketamine

Also feel free to edit the model - its part of the open source DayZ community addons. Free for anyone to edit and use as they please with credit.

I couldn't open it in Oxygen but I will take a look when I'm back home. If so then I will sort it out.

Can we implement Yu-Gi-Oh cards? Or Pokemon? plz?!!?1111

I couldn't open it in Oxygen but I will take a look when I'm back home. If so then I will sort it out.

Can you model these ingame things with Cinema 4D ? :D

Guest Ketamine

No Arma uses a few unique programs and saves them in a unique format, but you may be able to get a converter, like what i do to get PAA files to work in photoshop. Even if you could anyway Cinema 4D would lack some features that oxygen has and its free.

Fucking Sorcery.

No Arma uses a few unique programs and saves them in a unique format, but you may be able to get a converter, like what i do to get PAA files to work in photoshop. Even if you could anyway Cinema 4D would lack some features that oxygen has and its free.

C4D lack features ?

Cc7Uo.gif

C4D4life.

Hmmm I guess I can look into it. I now C4D so if I was able to convert files here and there I could have made the model for the cigarrete pack :)

Perhaps even add a mini game which we can use to play 21? Just an idea. xD

Guest Ketamine

Perhaps even add a mini game which we can use to play 21? Just an idea. xD

I don't really think that would be possible, but you can always RP playing 21 and then play it over the forum chat :P

I don't really think that would be possible, but you can always RP playing 21 and then play it over the forum chat :P

We've managed it in game before albeit poorly. xD

I always see stuff like "how did you come to Chernarus?", "that does not make sense." or "that does not fit into our lore.", my point being - how did several hundred packets of Winfields get to Chernarus? Did they come off a crashed air plane? Did the majority of the world take up Winfield when the apocalypse started out? I am fairly confused.

Guest Ketamine

I always see stuff like "how did you come to Chernarus?", "that does not make sense." or "that does not fit into our lore.", my point being - how did several hundred packets of Winfields get to Chernarus? Did they come off a crashed air plane? Did the majority of the world take up Winfield when the apocalypse started out? I am fairly confused.

Well my guess is they where there before. But if you ask that question then you can ask it to everything and nothing would really make sense.

We've managed it in game before albeit poorly. xD

I loved playing Snap albeit my hand did not...

Sign in to follow this