Server time (UTC): 2021-01-22, 19:28
Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Weapon crates/racks for merchants in TP?

Today was my first time trying to trade loot in TP, and it was abit cramped with people trying to access the car to look at weapons. how about placing crates that merchants can place gear at in trading booths in order to make trading abit more easier?

I foresee claiming issues.

Whilst good in theory you have to think of what could happen in game

"But i put that in there not you"

"I was using this booth not you"

"You took stuff out of my booth"

All these kinds of things that would actually just make it harder to trade and more hassle.

I had someone try and do it to me yesterday he came up and claimed that the car i drove in with was his...

Today was my first time trying to trade loot in TP, and it was abit cramped with people trying to access the car to look at weapons. how about placing crates that merchants can place gear at in trading booths in order to make trading abit more easier?

I was thinking the same thing, or tents place where guns can be put into.

(Ive also seen guns get eaten by the ground when trading so this would help that)

Any such tents/crates placed as part of the map would wipe their inventory after restart, do you think people would remember to empty them?

I remember they had stalls with rugs under them at the haven black market, there were no problems there. You laid out your stock, traded what you could, then packed the rest away or left it there when moving on/restart.

Didn't Desal have weapon racks? and they should remember to pick the stuff up again honestly, it's their loot. And about the issues with this valkirion mentioned

You could get a booth assigned to you with a trading card by CTC when you enter the camp to avoid confusion. and if the crates are not accessible by the people buying the guns (behind the booth) theft would be reduced.

Also is it possible to just place down a reskined tent which has the textures of a weapon rack/ crate so it won't despawn?

BHM did a good job of trading yesterday. Tom carried a list with him of all supplies he wished to trade this meant people did not need to view his trucks or even enter an inventory. this cuts the theft of goods and creates a good opening for some barter RP.

Any such tents/crates placed as part of the map would wipe their inventory after restart, do you think people would remember to empty them?

I'm sure people would remember to pick up their gear before restart especially considering restarts aren't that frequent. If they don't it would probably get stolen before deleted by a restart

I remember they had stalls with rugs under them at the haven black market, there were no problems there. You laid out your stock, traded what you could, then packed the rest away or left it there when moving on/restart.

Issue with this is that guns sometimes disappear when being dropped. crates are much safer.

Also with the size of the booths there is no space for spreading dozens of rifles on the floor.

One massive problem with such racks is that the server may restart without notice, if we come under a DDoS attack or the server's ISP does something stupid. And then the gear is gone.

CTC can just place tents near the trading area. Their gear won't get reset.

BHM did a good job of trading yesterday. Tom carried a list with him of all supplies he wished to trade this meant people did not need to view his trucks or even enter an inventory. this cuts the theft of goods and creates a good opening for some barter RP.

Glad you enjoyed the trading. This 'list' however was just me entering the gear of the truck and reading it out. Makes the chances of someone nicking anything much lower and also I only read out what we're willing to trade. Makes the entire process much better in my opinion <3

I would much prefer this too then dropping all your shit on the floor. +1