Server time (UTC): 2021-01-18, 19:53
Sign in to follow this  
Hiniberus

Murder Ring (Battle-arena concept)

An idea has been crawling in my head, though with the rules I'm not sure how well it'll go down with the admins/mods.

Essentially, what I'm thinking is of a structural layout is so that the 'seating' areas are at an elevated position (with potential for VIP area(s)?) Where essentially there's a 2-6 man space for people to duke it out in a CQC/CQB styled layout. People can list for either specific weapons only (Limiting it to certain categories such as semi-auto pistols, shotguns, rifles etc) to all-out 'run with any gun' type (I'd advise against 1 shot weapons to not cut the event(s) short?)

After each round, there would be storage areas available for where friends can pick-up their gear for their fallen friends (the NLR declares specifically that only YOU cannot reclaim gear so it should be fine?), and/or even possibly be a dueling arena so that clans can take care of business in a manner like this! It'll be available for public use (upon request so that the entire place doesn't get looted dry? Idk.) Possibly with having radio (internet radio/teamspeak) 'show hosts' for the event(s) that take place!

Any feedback on this o: ? Obviously something like this is kinda big so it may require some cooperation help to construct the place.

Edit: Obviously I understand the KoS rule may be brought up here but obviously, that is null due to the fact that:

A) By participating in the Battle Arena (BA) one automatically is declaring him/herself to be hostile to other combatants within the arena.

B) Prior to the battle starting, all of the combatants will also be informed of the above and reminded of the rules. To prevent 'unlawful' looting of their bodies, it's suggested that they take screenshot(s) of their inventory and carry only what is required (primary/secondary + Ammo and some bandages, maybe bloodbags if 'teams' are involved?) while storing everything else either at their own base or within the storage crate(s) made available in the event that they require them.

C) As you may have guessed, it's against the rules to loot the bodies of those downed in combat. So make sure you have good amounts of ammo ;)

guns, lots of people. I smell kos reports. it would have to be melee if any thing like this were to take place not to mention here IS a hatchet arena

guns, lots of people. I smell kos reports. it would have to be melee if any thing like this were to take place not to mention here IS a hatchet arena

I had done a quick edit just now, actually :D Should'a thought of it before :c

I had done a quick edit just now, actually :D Should'a thought of it before :c

I thinking more about the viewing crowds being shot

I thinking more about the viewing crowds being shot

Ah that case, I understand what you mean by that and that's why I suggested:

What I'm thinking is of a structural layout is so that the 'seating' areas are at an elevated position

The point of the elevated position of the seating would be so that they're safe and chances of being shot are pretty low and probably would have to be intentional. Obviously viewers would be advised of the potential risks of viewing. This is obviously just a concept, so any input on how to make it functional and safe would be great!

even with the elevated seating it will pose a potential threat. shots can go stray sometimes in the heat of battle. by having the "arena" as melee only it will remove this threat and still remain effective to purpose

even with the elevated seating it will pose a potential threat. shots can go stray sometimes in the heat of battle. by having the "arena" as melee only it will remove this threat and still remain effective to purpose

Fair enough, though you had pointed out that there was having a hatchet arena or something already available? That trumps the need for my idea then.

creating a better arena might work in your favour, try not to be so easily discouraged by others but take their views and create the better solution from them

Sign in to follow this