Server time (UTC): 2021-01-17, 21:05
Sign in to follow this  
Hiniberus

First day experience!

Ello all,

I just wanted to a, I'm so glad I found this place! A dude from the official dayz forums pointed me here and I'm thankful that I joined! It had only been a day (granted I'm posting this a day late :P) but it was one filled with new experiences and rather well-spent IMO! From being picked up/driven along the cost road thanks to a CTC member, to running all over the place with a bunch of random-ass dudes from the Rogue Traders group (Two, really).

The last time I had that much fun was when I had found 2 freshspawns in DayZ SA and showed them around the coast and helped them gear up and teach them the ways of the standalone, this beat it by far obviously. Best 9 Eur investment ever (Primarily got ARMA II for dayzRP and 5 eur inc donation :3 )

The only downer is just how messed up the melee system is to aim/hit zombies ._.

The only downer is just how messed up the melee system is to aim/hit zombies ._.

You get used to it dont worry.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first day though :)

Haha, as with anything and everything, it takes some getting used to I suppose. Though I don't think it'd hurt to leave a suggestion to have a sort-of crosshair as to how the swing will go to signify where the reach is longest, where it'll hit? In real life, you aim somewhere and swing to hit out at that general area. People such as myself who don't quite know how the animation goes are left spamming while having new orifices being torn open D:

Haha, as with anything and everything, it takes some getting used to I suppose. Though I don't think it'd hurt to leave a suggestion to have a sort-of crosshair as to how the swing will go to signify where the reach is longest, where it'll hit? In real life, you aim somewhere and swing to hit out at that general area. People such as myself who don't quite know how the animation goes are left spamming while having new orifices being torn open D:

No crosshair needed. Just aim slightly to the left and don't get cornered.

I dont think its possible to enable crosshairs without enabling them for all weapons which his something we dont want.

Generally if you right click/aim with your melee weapon out your swing should go straight forward where you are looking assuming your not out of breath from sprinting or shaking from pain.

No crosshair needed. Just aim slightly to the left and don't get cornered.

I dont think its possible to enable crosshairs without enabling them for all weapons which his something we dont want.

Generally if you right click/aim with your melee weapon out your swing should go straight forward where you are looking assuming your not out of breath from sprinting or shaking from pain.

Oh okay o: thanks for the tips! It gets a bit annoying having to swing 3-4 times before getting a hit while they, well, nail you every time. Thanks for your input and feedback guys :D Don't blame you for not wanting to put in crosshairs for everything, that would be kinda bad ._.

Your life will be now devoted to this mod. You'll never leave it, never ( unless you get perma'd ;-) )

Glad you are having a great first day! Hope for more to come!

Yeah thanks man, met a dude and well, he helped fend off a horde that came after us, I had sepsis so I dropped my stuff and well, went down fighting the rest of the horde to let him make proper use of what I had. Pretty fun second day!

Welcome to the community!

Appreciated! Looking forward to meeting you and other such fine people as yourself.

Your life will be now devoted to this mod. You'll never leave it, never ( unless you get perma'd ;-) )

Haha, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves shall we? Having a girlfriend and job tend to chunk out of one's life :P though yes, I do look forward to each new session I can have!

Here is a tip for melee, use third person :P

Really? I've had more success in third person. Also, what are generally mid/high-traffic areas to visit for RP's o: ? I found most along the cost line but keeping myself hydrated inland is pretty darn hard :x

Really? I've had more success in third person. Also, what are generally mid/high-traffic areas to visit for RP's o: ? I found most along the cost line but keeping myself hydrated inland is pretty darn hard :x

Prud- S1 and S2 http://www.dayzrp.com/t-prud-lake-by-kakan

Tradepost- S2 Only http://www.dayzrp.com/t-trade-post-announcement-thread

Kōtei Shima - Emperors Island- S1 and S2 http://www.dayzrp.com/t-k%C5%8Dtei-shima-emperors-island

And just the random camps scattered around the map, There is one near Polana Factory where these mechanics have set up there to help people with their cars.

Kōtei Shima - Emperors Island- S1 and S2 http://www.dayzrp.com/t-k%C5%8Dtei-shima-emperors-island

And just the random camps scattered around the map, There is one near Polana Factory where these mechanics have set up there to help people with their cars.

Woah dude, these are made with in-game materials or is there a program one uses to make this sort of stuff? Also how come the outpost is only on S2 (explains why it's the most populated one now)

Woah dude, these are made with in-game materials or is there a program one uses to make this sort of stuff? Also how come the outpost is only on S2 (explains why it's the most populated one now)

They are made by staff developers and community members in the arma 2D editor, the assets used to make the camps are from Arma 2/DayZ I think.

The Trade Post is a large settlement run by members of staff through an in-game faction. Server 2 has this permanent camp only, while Server 1 has camps run by other factions which come and go.

I've been here a year on Monday through A levels and university, I don't even play the mod anymore but I still can't draw myself away from these forums. So... One of us! One of us! :P

Just saw this. Hope I gave you a good scare when singing in the woods xD Hope you can hop in our TS some time and we can hang out some more :)

Good to hear that your first experience was very good! I'm still waiting for mien because my friend is still waiting to get accepted on the whitelist and i don't want to start without him, haha.

They are made by staff developers and community members in the arma 2D editor, the assets used to make the camps are from Arma 2/DayZ I think.

The Trade Post is a large settlement run by members of staff through an in-game faction. Server 2 has this permanent camp only, while Server 1 has camps run by other factions which come and go.

I've been here a year on Monday through A levels and university, I don't even play the mod anymore but I still can't draw myself away from these forums. So... One of us! One of us! :P

Oh okay, I thought the camp in S2 was made like the other ARMA II houses/towns that some users make. I haven't seen it yet to not spoil it for myself :I

I don't play the mod either, lack of time aside, it takes a bit of time to find a random encounter on either side (mod/dayZRP) so I'd rather have it meaningful rather than the typical KoS I've encountered in the mod, despite being nothing but friendly. Hell, one time I was in the office building, back turned to the door, I was trying to change some clothes and some thwacking (my personal way of saying 'wanker') bastard just guns me down when I just had a pistol, Winchester and no drink with little food and a tiny-ass backpack (on the Epoch mod, no less).

So yeah, at least there's anti-KOS hardlining going on here, which is something that I'm really happy about!

Just saw this. Hope I gave you a good scare when singing in the woods xD Hope you can hop in our TS some time and we can hang out some more :)

Oh man! I had no idea what your forum name was, haha personally I was a slight shaken up with that, actually haha. Artur was hardly pleased but realized that it was a joke :3

Good to hear that your first experience was very good! I'm still waiting for mien because my friend is still waiting to get accepted on the whitelist and i don't want to start without him, haha.

Actually, I'd suggest you start off on your own a bit so you can get the hang of certain unique aspects of this mod/community so you can help him out when he gets whitelisted!

Glad to hear you had a great first day and I'm sure you will continue to have more amazing experiences in DayZRP.

The only thing I would say is be prepared to make sacrifices IRL as DayZRP will now take over :P

Hey man! Hope you remember me, glad we made your first day memorable! If you maybe want to meet again let me know!

Guest JohnAtkin

Good to know you are enjoying yourself as much as the rest of us!! :P

Hope to see you around sometime.

Good to see your enjoying the servers :)

Hopefully we will meet at some point

Glad to hear you had a great first day and I'm sure you will continue to have more amazing experiences in DayZRP.

The only thing I would say is be prepared to make sacrifices IRL as DayZRP will now take over :P

Haha, totally gonna happen if my girlfriend manages to get a computer that can run the mod properly then yeah, that'll probably happen :B

Hey man! Hope you remember me, glad we made your first day memorable! If you maybe want to meet again let me know!

How can I forget ya :D ? Yeah man, I'm normally in the LFG section of the Teamspeak so if you look there from time to time, you'll probably see me ;)

Good to know you are enjoying yourself as much as the rest of us!! :P

Hope to see you around sometime.

Aye aye cap't, looking forward to the day we meet too!

Good to see your enjoying the servers :)

Hopefully we will meet at some point

Same here! This community encourages a positive attitude so it's pretty cool, I look forward to meeting anyone and everyone :D

Sign in to follow this