Server time (UTC): 2021-01-15, 17:56
Sign in to follow this  
Dawn

Survival

DEwbs9X.png

As I crawled forwards on the rooftop, towards the skylight I had spotted minutes earlier, a low orange glow spilled out into the night air, accompanied by the growing sound of a fire. Moving closer to the skylight, I noticed that strangely, half of the glass that would have normally rested in the metal frame was shattered in pieces on the floor. I looked in, spotting the side of a few wooden boxes and the glare of low light hitting the side of what I presumed was a metal container.

Keeping a low profile, I positioned myself, gripping the edge of the skylight, getting ready to lower myself into the room.

A groan emanating from within the building broke my concentration and my grip on the skylight slipped, causing me to fall forwards. Bracing myself for almost certain impact on the solid floor, I held my eyes shut, awaiting the pain that would surely follow. I remained completely still, not moving a muscle.

Again, the groan caught me by surprise and I opened my eyes to find myself dangling from the ceiling. Looking back up, I noticed my belt had caught on a protruding piece of metal which had almost certainly stopped me from falling onto the floor. I reached up with my right hand, once again gripping the skylight and with my left, attempted to free myself from the sharp piece of metal. Freeing myself, twisted as I fell, landing feet first and became startled at a muffled crunching noise that emanated from beneath my feet. Looking down, I sighed with relief, the noise had come from the broken glass of the skylight.

Another groan brought me to my senses and I looked towards the source. The outline of what was once 'someone' was now a 'something' and clearly, I had got its attention. Internally, I began to panic, I had only been in a situation like this a few times, but then I had something to defend myself with, in this current situation, all I had was my fists. This was going to end badly. Really, really badly...

Bah! You can't just post a teaser like that. ;P

I was enjoying it...

..and then it ended.

Sign in to follow this