Server time (UTC): 2021-01-17, 22:46
Sign in to follow this  
SilEnt Death

Story of the Wanderer

My name is John 'Wanderer' Tyler, I'm 26 years old, and I'm... or used to be, in the Red Cross. This is my story.

I was born in Texas,but I was an orphan and was brought in by a group of priest's at a church. From there, they taught me almost everything, like they would in regular schools. But when I was sixteen, I decided to be a surgeon since I could save people's lives and since I had a knack of helping things. I started to save money and when I was eighteen, I said goodbye to the priest's and thanked them for everything. Then, I went to UTSA for four years to be a surgeon. When I was twenty-two and three months out of school, I decided to join Red Cross since I felt that I was only helping people that had money, and not helping people who needed it most and were poor.

A month after I joined, the Red Cross needed volunteers to help a country in need called Chernarus. They had already sent one near Zelenogorsk, so I guessed they needed more. I volunteered and next thing I know, I'm in the Relief Camp near a city called Elektro stitching up people's wounds. Although tiring, I knew I was helping people. But something felt odd, although it was loud, the tension in the air seemed tense. Like as if something was going to happen any minute. My suspicions were confirmed when I started to hear rumors in the Relief Camp about a infection that turned the living into flesh eating zombies and that the Relief Camp in Zelenogorsk had fallen by this... infection. But I just dismissed the rumors thinking they were crazy, but that all changed on Day 9( this was Day 4, 5 days before the 'Apocalypse', and when I still felt that I had a purpose in life...).

Day 9... oh God, where do I begin. The screams of the terrified... the unrelenting moan of the dead... the constant wet tear of flesh from body. It was all to much for me , it nearly drives me insane every time I close my eyes... so I ran. I still kick my self in the ass for this, I should've helped, but we were doomed in the end since we had no protection. I felt that I had no purpose since I ran like coward. Next day,though, a group of people found me and asked me who I was. When I did, they took me in and in return, I patched them up.

This worked for a year and in that time,they taught me how to shoot any gun, how to survive in this hell called Chernarus, and where to find food. I felt that I had a purpose, I felt like I had a real family. But one day in the middle of the night, that all changed. The group and I were attacked by bandits who took us captive, than the killing started.

One by one they asked the group what they did before the apocalypse, if they didn't like it, they shot you with no mercy. There were eight of us, and I was the last one. After I told them what I did, they kept me since I was the only one who knew medical training. For the next two days... I was numb, I had seen my only friends and family get shot by bandits, and they didn't care. But when I snapped out of my daze, they were asleep, this was my only chance to escape. In the middle of the night, I broke free of my bonds, then with painstaking silence, I stole all of their food and medical supplies, one of their guns and ammo, and ran. Until I thought I was far enough, I collapsed on the soft and grassy ground , and panting like a dog, I laughed. Then slowly I cried, I cried because I had no group I could call family, I had no purpose, I didn't stop crying, I let it all out.

I dozed off later on, and when it was morning, I walked. For the next year, I wandered around Chernarus as a empty husk of the person I once was. But I can feel myself slowly slipping from the edge of sanity into insanity. That edge I've tried to hold on for so long. But I survive and trade like everyone else, and I do the the occasional surgery for a person. But I walk in hopes of one day finding a group I can call family, and to find a purpose in this hell called Chernarus.

But until then, I walk alone.

//OCC Information: After a week of many changes and one crash that ruined what I had before, it's done. I might use this as my characters background. So until the whitelist is open for non-donors, tell me how I can improve.

Well I read the whole thing, and there really isn't much to improve as it's already great and fits with the lore perfectly.

I'd say however, maybe change up the whole "raised by nuns" part and just say you were raised in a orphanage or catholic/christian care group. Nuns don't take care of children, at least not a lot, it just seems so in the books/movies, and even then most of them were themed in a very later date of time (Earliest time i read of a nun taking care of a orphans was 1940's, in Letters to Rifka where some girl tries to escape from the Nazi Poland to America and she has to stay at some place for a while, so the nun takes care of her in the meanwhile.)

Anyways, good read in the end, maybe create a journal when you get whitelisted about your travels in Chernarus? :D

Thanks man, put a lot of effort into it.

That's no problem, I can see that, which is why you should continue to write when you get whitelisted. I'll be more then happy to help you with anything need be. :D

Sign in to follow this