Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 22:12
Sign in to follow this  
Toorrik

Suggestion for people that enter Trade Post.

Its clear that the sound issues in Trade Post are a problem and its something that is getting worked on.

Until the sound issues are fixed I propose one minor thing.

If lots and lots of people are speaking through voice.

Use Text.

Its simple, I occasionally go into the middle of the Trade zone and do a OOC announcement about it but it doesn't appear to work all the time.

Also to people that come in with cars, use Text. Its incredibly hard to ask your name when you speak inside a car + the sound of 30+ people talking.

Glad i'm not the only one who thinks this. It's maddening to hear the amount of people just yelling at each other. In my opinion, let the people who have an established presence in the camp be allowed to use voice, CTC, TOR, and the Free Medics. It would make for easier coordination and much easier RP overall.

I agree, it does get a bit confusing at times and makes it very hard to RP when there are tons of people trying to speak at the same time. There are even times when people are trying to trade and they're talking to someone like very far away from them and they don't even know it.

"Trading an AK for some blood bags and a little food, any takers?"

"Oh sure, I can make that trade."

"Okay...now who am I speaking to, and where are you at?"

Yeah I can understand the frustration with trading but its even worse when you literally crawl inside someone's ear and still have to say "SPEAK UP" :)

Using vehicle chat while outside a car does help a little, or so I've been told. I haven't been to the TP yet.... Soon.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point that if someone doesn't address me in text, then I just disregard 'em. Sometimes not even on purpose.

:o

Please explain your objection Tightpants or are you just posting gifs for no reason?

If you are announcing something publicly and you want people to know who is speaking, do an emote like *Sits down next to ____* and then talk in text. This can be used as an IC information about who is speaking and will not become awkward.

- gif -

Elaborate?

Please explain your objection Tightpants or are you just posting gifs for no reason?

There are already several threads related to trying to get people to use text instead of voice role play.

All of his comments and points can be found on there, mine too.

Worth doing a search or having a read.

You guys so slow...

Text role play will not make TP role play better.

Quite simply IF YOU WANT TO ROLEPLAY, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I agree that text should be used within TP, by hearing countless number of voices coming from everywhere it is hard to find who is trading that item.

Personally all the voices in busy locations like Prud and the TP give me a headache, hence why I usually don't go there often. Serious +1

There are already several threads related to trying to get people to use text instead of voice role play.

All of his comments and points can be found on there, mine too.

Worth doing a search or having a read.

You guys so slow...

Text role play will not make TP role play better.

Quite simply IF YOU WANT TO ROLEPLAY, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Yeah cos it isn't like there are already lots of people saying they had great RP there, also not like I have personally witnessed some great RP.

Is it perfect? hell no.

But stop being so down on something which hasn't even been live for 36 hours and if you don't like it then leave it alone, posting things like this is almost flaming in my personal opinion.

Yeah cos it isn't like there are already lots of people saying they had great RP there, also not like I have personally witnessed some great RP.

Is it perfect? hell no.

But stop being so down on something which hasn't even been live for 36 hours and if you don't like it then leave it alone, posting things like this is almost flaming in my personal opinion.

Flaming? I love that term and how easily it is thrown around...

"I disagree with your opinion and as such it must be flaming!"

Adjust the TP so that not everyone is bunched together. Spread it out. That way you can have a gathering without being forced to have to listen to everyone's conversation. Enhance privacy and options to encourage conversations to naturally develop.

Add stalls ~60 m (out of chat range from the centre of the camp so that people can go to them instead and create their own stalls. Let the ones in the center carry on as normal and take part with what goes on there (with added communication options).

Text RP, Voice Rp both are going to get drowned out just as easily.

By all means take what I wrote as an opinion and I have shared it in numerous threads and it is based on many of the concerns that were predicted from the get-go.

Guest John Le Bear

:no:

TP sucks!

:troll:

Is it perfect? hell no.

Adjust the TP so that not everyone is bunched together. Spread it out. That way you can have a gathering without being forced to have to listen to everyone's conversation. Enhance privacy and options to encourage conversations to naturally develop.

Add stalls ~60 m (out of chat range from the centre of the camp so that people can go to them instead and create their own stalls. Let the ones in the center carry on as normal and take part with what goes on there (with added communication options).

By all means take what I wrote as an opinion and I have shared it in numerous threads and it is based on many of the concerns that were predicted from the get-go.

Apologies - I realised I didn't explain that part very well after I posted it but then my browser crashed :/

The content of the post wasn't flaming (though it is annoying) it was the way it was worded, calling staff slow etc.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion :)

perhaps we could set up a trade post channel in TS with a few rooms, the trader can bater with the CTC of a day licence to trade within the trade post. when he has a potential customer he joins the room and the trade is discussed there. This will help to reduce the noise of TP and allow for effective and well communicated trades

Is it perfect? hell no.

Apologies - I realised I didn't explain that part very well after I posted it but then my browser crashed :/

The content of the post wasn't flaming (though it is annoying) it was the way it was worded, calling staff slow etc.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion :)

Not you being slow, just another thread with the same suggestion. I implied Toorik was slow.

Maybe add a small prud like camp outside of the safe zone, where there is a fireplace etc. A place where people can sit around without going to TP itself if the place is too crowded. Mainly this would be to make it seem more realistic as alot of people going through that area would most likely mean establishing something like a roadside campfire.

Maybe add a small prud like camp outside of the safe zone, where there is a fireplace etc. A place where people can sit around without going to TP itself if the place is too crowded. Mainly this would be to make it seem more realistic as alot of people going through that area would most likely mean establishing something like a roadside campfire.

Yes, a little camp for the people who hate being in a crowd. People can use it as they're waiting to get into the TP as well.

I did see some people put tents at the house at the end of the road - it's still within the safezone but far enough away to be quiet from TP. Maybe we could place a fire there?

I did see some people put tents at the house at the end of the road - it's still within the safezone but far enough away to be quiet from TP. Maybe we could place a fire there?

Not a bad idea, in my opinion.

My objection is that I object this suggestion. Do you want to know more? Use the search function.

- gif -

Elaborate?

I yell "objection" ergo I object something. That something being this suggestion. My thoughts about are in the first thread made about it. Search from there.

I think that the TP tries to do to much in a very small area, I think the hole we have and Inn, a Trading Post and Mansions and a military base in the same area is just a little to much. I believe it causes horrible frames and also the noise and cluster makes it hard to RP, I think we need to spread it out and not have everything in one place, maybe they should consider spread the TP over a larger area or maybe we make a few different ones in the same vicinity