Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 12:33
Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

Black Hat Militia 1 year anniversary

Yt5EHYS.png

It was on the 15th of May that the Black Hat Militia was formed. Exactly one year and two days ago, Layne Smalley reformed the Gun Runners [GR] and turned the clan in to the current Black Hat Militia. After Layne got banned, Thumper took over leadership. Eventually, Thumper left as leader and we were left in a leadership crisis. After much voting and confusion, somehow I ended up as the leader. It's something that still confuses me to this day. Regardless, here we are one whole year down the line since the clan changed from [GR] to [bHM]. In this thread, I will be sharing our history and showing some of my personal favourite moments, which I'm sure many BHM members will treasure too.

All three clan threads can be found here:

Layne's original thread

Thumper's thread

The current thread

xNczROb.jpg

The BHM started off as a relatively small group consisting of about 6 men. We've had many members come and go, with some staying for the long haul. Many thanks to Alyd for putting up with my shit longer than anyone else! Really thankful to have you as a friend. Sadly we've lost a few good members as time has gone by. Some to bans, some to inactivity and some to other circumstances. It's always a shame to lose members, but thankfully we've always managed to keep a large number of members.

Here is a special photo of Alyd in his pilot outfit, ready for takeoff. Me and Alyd actually backed out to the lobby and both bought pilot skins in the donation exchange just to fly the plane with authenticity!

8ISmKXQ.jpg

People seem to see us as a rather... hostile clan. However, this wasn't always the case! Believe it or not, we actually were a rather friendly group under the rule of Thumper. In an attempt to repair our bandit status, we made an active effort to help civilians and never rob anyone except enemies. Of course, this didn't last long. Eventually we went back to being more hostile, but we aim to keep a rather 'grey' status. We hope that people won't know what to expect when seeing us. We may donate a car and guns, or we may take all their stuff. Hopefully we've managed to remain unexpected to everyone and not been too predictable.

gjX4sq8.jpg

Of course, there were some low points where we were at the wrong end of the gun. We aim to never be in hostage situations, so don't expect a BHM member to go down without a fight! We found that if we complied, we'd just be tortured so we decided that it's better to go down as a free man rather than survive as a tortured and submissive one. If you ever see a BHM member comply, chances are they have a very good reason why, so watch your back!

pKx2WeQ.jpg

We've had a lot of memorable moments over the months, and one of my personal favourites is when our friend Wrighty took over the industrial barn south of Vybor and named it 'B&Q Home'. For those that don't know, B&Q is a hardware store in England and Wrighty happened to work there. We made this place our personal little base where we'd sit around and RP with anyone that passed by. One cold night, me and Wrighty were guarding the place when Wrighty decided to sing a little song about the place and some of our members. Really catchy tune!

[video=youtube]

Of course, what kind of bandit group would we be without a classic hatchet fight?

[video=youtube]

We eventually adopted a phrase for when someone loses gear in a firefight. This phrase was 'save the gear' and it originated from this video:

[video=youtube]

The phrase was popular, and it spawned this promotional video:

[video=youtube]

At the end of 2013, we had an award ceremony amongst ourselves and a few friends. It was a whole tonne of fun, and hopefully gives people an insight to how some of us work outside of the forums and in our comfort zone!

[video=youtube]

This year has been absolutely amazing and I'm honoured to be a part of it. I'm surprised how we've managed to stay intact for so long, as we've bordered on disbanding several times. I remember even hearing "Tom, I think it's time to disband BHM" but persisting, and here we are now. I'm sorry you guys have had to put up with us for over a year now, and I'm not sorry that we're still here :)

Here's to another year of BHM greatness!

*Offers up a glass of 32 Year-Old Scotch*

To another year of BHM! Good luck lads and I wish you all the best with the second year.

2 days late? Tut tut tut...

<3

Yay!

[video=youtube]

Happy one year anniversary. I have only met you guys properly a couple of times but I remember when you had a roadblock near altar and pretended to be the Deer stand survivors or something like that, it was quite some time ago.

Who? :troll: Congrats on 1 year #NewCLF

Guest Alfie

*Offers up a glass of 32 Year-Old Scotch*

To another year of BHM! Good luck lads and I wish you all the best with the second year.

I'd personally like to thank Richard Paterson for helping me through these past months, cheers mateyboy.

Thank you that you give me a home where I can be as I am.

You are awesome and I love you all!

Congratulations

[video=youtube]

Scrubs <3

2 days late? Tut tut tut...

<3

"hmmm, we've been here a while"

*checks calander*

"OH SHIT! Was supposed to post the thread 2 days ago! Umm, a few alterations and it's good to go"

Guest Biiddy

oh god hahaha, i remember that award ceremony, was a pleasure to witness it, and be apart of BHM for the 3 weeks I was in!

also, that save the gear video doh

BHM are like a family. Everyone inside BHM are the most chill, cool and all round great people I've ever met. I'm proud and glad to have been a part of BHM since January.

Love you all - Happy Birthday.

Personal note to Tom; you're a very dedicated leader and the best I've ever been under. You're hilarious but can be serious which I love, props to you for putting up with everyone and still being calm!

<3

inb4 someone replies with a horrible comment

Edit: I was abused in Teamspeak for this.

Tom started being mean, his car crashed, he died.

ur a shih m8

Congratz guys! Hats off to you all, black or not.

Good job guys, proud to have been a member of the unorganised task force that got slaughtered outside Altar trying to rescue you.

Happy anniversary! Only time I really noticed you guys though was when you helped shelter my friend after he left R.S.M and was being hunted down by Riggs.

I joined just over a month ago and it's been the best time I've had on this server so far. Thank you guys, you're great. Congratulations on the one year. :)

yay! i can remember when it got set up.

I remember when I joined this clan for a minute. It was the best minute of my life. <3

In all seriousness, I always liked this group for how laidback it is, and though I never expect to like everyone in a group, I think the majority of you are really chill people. It's a big group but despite its size it never gave of this "us versus the rest" vibe some other groups do. I've been on the verge of joining you for a long time.

See you in another year. :)

Although I haven't been here since the beginning, during the three and a half months I've been here in BHM I've had the most amazing moments of my time on DayZRP with you guys. Happy anniversary BHM! :D

LONG LIVE THE BLACK HATS!

Hopefully we'll still be around for a second anniversary.

BHM saving the gear for a full year allready!

Congratulations! :D

Guest Graphix

2late