Server time (UTC): 2021-01-24, 06:23
Sign in to follow this  
Axocelot

Bad Voice Quality

Describe the issue:

As the subject states, the overall voice quality while roleplaying with other people was really bad after the patch.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

Yes, I can.

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Mainly all day today, both servers was like this, location not relevant.

How long have you had this problem?

Since after the patch

What have you done to fix this already?

Nothing I can do really.

You're saying a patch changed the quality of the voices...veeeery highly unlikely, are you sure you weren't with people with bad mics? :D

We changed this to hopefully lower the distance at which voices can be heard to help in TP. Will look into changing it back of it's effecting it too much.

I believe all of the dragons can second this, trying to roleplay on Kotei Shima tonight was more of a chore more than anything.

The mic quality is currently worse than normal servers so it seems/I have heard - considering this is a roleplay server where the comms' are used constantly by people talking to each other this just doesn't work. In regular servers people rarely talk to one another but in a roleplaying community surely it should be a top priority to have clear communication between players? Dropping the quality of communications for one camp versus the entirety of the two servers isn't right in my opinion.

Guest Shākya

We changed this to hopefully lower the distance at which voices can be heard to help in TP. Will look into changing it back of it's effecting it too much.

We were role playing today at Kōtei Shima and it was virtually inaudible, we literally had to strain to hear what each other were saying. With the quality as it was tonight, the mod is almost unplayable since you can't hear a thing each other are saying.

We were role playing today at Kōtei Shima and it was virtually inaudible, we literally had to strain to hear what each other were saying. With the quality as it was tonight, the mod is almost unplayable since you can't hear a thing each other are saying.

Will get it changed back ASAP

Marking as solved.

We have explained this countless times now :)

Sign in to follow this