Server time (UTC): 2021-01-21, 08:51
Sign in to follow this  
WarMachine

[MR][WIP] The Town Of Despair

w21cJR9.png

The Town of Despair... Who the hell knows what even happened to this place. Many tales have been said about this town ever since the beginning of this infection. Some think it was where the first person who has caught the infection lived and was later destroyed by the military to keep it from spreading throughout the world as it was deadly. Others think it was burnt down for being such a old town and had no use to anyone except being a popular gang hideout and was used by them. Who knows what happened there. Maybe you can find out yourself of what REALLY happened...

Video: [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuigPSEiTpk&feature=youtu.be

Photo Gallary

//OOC Info: Basiclly what this Map Revision is, is a new place to bring up new RP stories and adds to the mystery of what happened to this town. Players can find out themselves through various secrets added within the town. I will not give out the location of this town, as I wish players will find it themselves. Thanks for checking this camp out!

Item Count: 103

Looks like a good addition but it needs more detail like rubble and blown up things. Stuff like that to make the place more emersive

Looks like a good addition but it needs more detail like rubble and blown up things. Stuff like that to make the place more emersive

Currently working on that, I have posted this for feedback on what to add and etc. I am adding a bunch of more rubble and ruins.

Not enough pictures from good enough angles for me to be able to effectively judge it

Currently working on that, I have posted this for feedback on what to add and etc. I am adding a bunch of more rubble and ruins.

Yah that's why I said it, feedback :)

This is by far my favorite Settlement idea I have seen. The amazing firefights that would occur from breaching buildings and clearing corners would be beautiful. Great work Sean!

This is by far my favorite Settlement idea I have seen. The amazing firefights that would occur from breaching buildings and clearing corners would be beautiful. Great work Sean!

Thanks Scott!

Looks really nice. Maybe a little big for a PCB. Even though theres no size limit (afaik) PCB's work better when they are smaller. Maybe add a perimeter and make it a settlement?

Guest Shadow

Perfect for some random RP. I would love to stumble upon this place and search through the ruins. Maybe even camp out here, I am curious to know where exactly you want to put this?

Looks really nice. Maybe a little big for a PCB. Even though theres no size limit (afaik) PCB's work better when they are smaller. Maybe add a perimeter and make it a settlement?

Thank you! But the PCB may look big from the pictures, but it actually is not really as big :D But I may take your idea under consideration

Perfect for some random RP. I would love to stumble upon this place and search through the ruins. Maybe even camp out here, I am curious to know where exactly you want to put this?

Thanks for the feedback! But for the time being I wish for the location to be a secret such as the old house PCB.

Looks pretty good. Although it does need some tuning, here and there. Definitely has potential.

Yes please, this looks great.

Yes please, this looks great.

Thank you! I am currently still working on it and polishing it up. Updates to come soon!

Guest Shadow

Question: Will sandbags and tank traps be buildable inside the ruined buildings? If your not sure it would be great if you could test it ;)

Question: Will sandbags and tank traps be buildable inside the ruined buildings? If your not sure it would be great if you could test it ;)

Im not quite sure, i will test it and I will give you an answer as soon as I can!

It looks good, I like the openness of it and the central fire pit is looking really good.

Looks cool, you should get a over top veiw

Thanks! More pics to come soon

Where would this be on the map? Looks hot though!

Thanks! Currently the location is a secret for now. Maybe in the future I may add the location :D

It looks good, I like the openness of it and the central fire pit is looking really good.

Thanks!

Why is it a PCB if it just consists of rubble and ramshackle buildings? There are already quite a few rubble buildings and areas that have been devastated and can be enterable and used, besides areas that have PCBs and houses that can be used for the exact same function.

Hence I ask this question: Why would this be added?

Why is it a PCB if it just consists of rubble and ramshackle buildings? There are already quite a few rubble buildings and areas that have been devastated and can be enterable and used, besides areas that have PCBs and houses that can be used for the exact same function.

Hence I ask this question: Why would this be added?

Well, what I wanted to add is a place where it comes to mystery and it would be interesting to come across it such as an example of the Old House. I believe this should be added because of the Roleplay aspect of what it would bring. The roleplay would be very unique because of the mystery behind it of what exactly happened to the town.

Well, what I wanted to add is a place where it comes to mystery and it would be interesting to come across it such as an example of the Old House. I believe this should be added because of the Roleplay aspect of what it would bring. The roleplay would be very unique because of the mystery behind it of what exactly happened to the town.

I guess then the question would be: Why would a bunch of ruins be unique if there are already large swathes of ruins already existing? What do you have here that shows a story or mystery?

"Looks like it got bombed"

So if this is just another area to add to the atmosphere and not to be used as a PCB?

I guess the question would be: Why would a bunch of ruins be unique if there are already large swathes of ruins already existing? What do you have here that shows a story or mystery?

"Looks like it got bombed"

So if this is just another area to add to the atmosphere and not to be used as a PCB?

It would be unique because it is another area of mystery and unfamiliar to the land of Chernarus. I am going to add objects that shows mysteries and such. Now that I look at it and realize, I do believe that this would not be a PCB and rather a place of atmosphere. I know that there are many other ruins but I will try my best to make this new and different and try to make the RP of the place very different and new.

Sign in to follow this