Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 05:18
Sign in to follow this  
Bluepugs

Guns in loot piles disappearing?

Describe the issue:

This happened to me the other day - And I had just remembered to report it; The other night I had dropped my primary weapon onto the ground to switch it with the one in my backpack.

It was a MK16 EGLM RCO; I was using the magazines that (used?) to spawn with the AUG; The MG36 mags which take up two spots in your inventory. Not to mention, I was also carrying 3 M203s on me. Naturally, as an experienced ARMA 2 player I know you don't want to swap guns directly with the one in your backpack; lest the greedy pack devour your 2-spot large mags and your M203s if there's no space(There wasn't.)

Nontheless, after moving my second primary into my hands and thus making room into my backpack, I went to pick the gun off the floor and into my backpack - I started by looting the M203s back onto my sidearm-bar, as they did not need to fit into my backpack, and then put the mags into my pack.

When I moved the mags, it kicked me from the gear menu and the gun had disappeared from the pile. It poofed. The gun itself disappeared after I had looted everything else from the loot pile. I had 10 spaces in my bag, so I did not accidentally move it and delete it.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

I'm not certain, and I'm not about to test at the risk of losing more gear. But I have experienced being kicked from the gear menu a few times while picking up sodas and food and other misc items while looting places; The loot pile then behaves like a freshly spawned pile and I need to wait a second to loot it again. The items had never disappeared, however.

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Roughly 00:30 server time on Sunday, server two, and in the treeline east of Novy Sober.

How long have you had this problem?

Not.. quite sure how to answer, I've noticed loot piles acting weird for maybe a few weeks? It is very rare and wasn't monumental until now.

What have you done to fix this already?

Nothing.

Describe the issue:

This happened to me the other day - And I had just remembered to report it; The other night I had dropped my primary weapon onto the ground to switch it with the one in my backpack.

It was a MK16 EGLM RCO; I was using the magazines that (used?) to spawn with the AUG; The MG36 mags which take up two spots in your inventory. Not to mention, I was also carrying 3 M203s on me. Naturally, as an experienced ARMA 2 player I know you don't want to swap guns directly with the one in your backpack; lest the greedy pack devour your 2-spot large mags and your M203s if there's no space(There wasn't.)

Nontheless, after moving my second primary into my hands and thus making room into my backpack, I went to pick the gun off the floor and into my backpack - I started by looting the M203s back onto my sidearm-bar, as they did not need to fit into my backpack, and then put the mags into my pack.

When I moved the mags, it kicked me from the gear menu and the gun had disappeared from the pile. It poofed. The gun itself disappeared after I had looted everything else from the loot pile. I had 10 spaces in my bag, so I did not accidentally move it and delete it.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

I'm not certain, and I'm not about to test at the risk of losing more gear. But I have experienced being kicked from the gear menu a few times while picking up sodas and food and other misc items while looting places; The loot pile then behaves like a freshly spawned pile and I need to wait a second to loot it again. The items had never disappeared, however.

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Roughly 00:30 server time on Sunday, server two, and in the treeline east of Novy Sober.

How long have you had this problem?

Not.. quite sure how to answer, I've noticed loot piles acting weird for maybe a few weeks? It is very rare and wasn't monumental until now.

What have you done to fix this already?

Nothing.

Would you say this happened before the new patch too? Or only after?

This has happened to me on other dayz servers too. I really don't think it's related to the new patch.

Would you say this happened before the new patch too? Or only after?

It was before the new patch, the early morning before.

This has happened to me on other dayz servers too. I really don't think it's related to the new patch.

I see - Interesting; I've been playing DayZ for years across so many platforms and I've never seen it happen before.

Good to know it isnt something we broke this patch then :D

Will look into it at least, might be able to do something

Good to know it something we broke this patch then :D

Er, I hope you mean isn't something! I stated before the patch. The morning before.

Good to know it something we broke this patch then :D

Er, I hope you mean isn't something! I stated before the patch. The morning before.

Dat typo ._.

I've never had a problem with switch weapons directly from backpack. I may have just been lucky tho. I've had a few problems when scroll wheel switching between primary and melee weapon. It says can not hold 2 primary weapons and deletes the gun. Even tho I only had one gun in primary and melee on back. I think there should also be a 30 second or so delay when holding 2 primary guns in main inventory. I've accidentally traded my melee for gun when trying to switch to a new primary gun and it deletes them both.

The same happened with me at TP, dropped my AK picked up my mags, then the ground gobbled up my gun...

I've never had a problem with switch weapons directly from backpack. I may have just been lucky tho. I've had a few problems when scroll wheel switching between primary and melee weapon. It says can not hold 2 primary weapons and deletes the gun. Even tho I only had one gun in primary and melee on back. I think there should also be a 30 second or so delay when holding 2 primary guns in main inventory. I've accidentally traded my melee for gun when trying to switch to a new primary gun and it deletes them both.

The issue with switching guns from the backpack generally happens when you are switching a gun that has items bigger than the item you are swapping with.

For instance, Gun 1(Primary) has 3 clips of ammo, but takes up 6 slots total(Like the PK Mags, the M249 belts, etc). Gun 2(Bag) Also has 3 clips of ammo, but is only taking up 3 slots. When the game automatically tries to switch the ammo there obviously isn't enough space and you end up losing ammo to the void.

It gets even worse when M203s are being moved as well.

The same happened with me at TP, dropped my AK picked up my mags, then the ground gobbled up my gun...

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Thanks for the reply.

Same thing happened to me. I lost my beautiful SV98 with the nice magnifying scope and 7 mags because of this. Everyone loses a gun to the earth god at some point in time.

I never put anything on the ground for these reasons.

Sign in to follow this