Server time (UTC): 2021-01-17, 21:36
Sign in to follow this  
Bloody

My first time at the trading post

So I get to the trade post. Shortly after I arrive some guy is saying someone stole his RKM. I check my car and backpack inventory to make sure someone didn't put it in there. It's not there just my akm I found earlier. The CTC guys attempt to enforce rules but fail horribly. After few minutes I check my car inventory again and the RKM is in there. Someone set me up. You can't hear anything anyone is saying from several people talking at once. I get called a theif, which I am not. I doubt I will be going back there. You can't guarantee your belongings are safe. You can't hear anything. No real trading happens. Overall, the trade post is not worth the hassle.

Could I ask, what is the point in this thread?

Sorry if it sounds rude, not intentionally rude.

No trading happens?

I am there now and it is thriving, almost all stalls are full and there are items all nicely lined up and looking awesome with customers lining up.

You sadly were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

tumblr_mhja5ndD1M1qzgj88o1_500.gif

no point to this. Give the TP time, its just the initial flood of people new with the idea. BHM did a ton of trading today with no issues at all. You just have to watch over your stuff when your inside.

Yeah, in RP you will get people who exploit the TP for personal gain - i.e. robbery, thievery, etc. Give the TP time - and I'm sure the CTC boys did whatever they could to at least attempt to diffuse the situation.

Furthermore 'The tradepost is not worth the hassle' is a HUGE insult to the dev's who've spent hours if not DAYS on adding this new settlement in - yeah, you had a bad experience.'Somebody set me up' So what? If I was there it'd sure as hell have made more interesting RP than if everybody was ALWAYS abiding by the rules - it presents possible actions for the CTC to undertake - primarily the banning of individuals from the TP and such.

Simple thing is - wrong place, wrong time.

You can't steal from backpacks in the trade post. It doesn't allow you.

It does, I just tested 2 secs ago.

It shouldn't be doing that, are you sure you're not just checking your own gear? Because that's what happens when you try and go throw someones elses stuff.

It shouldn't be doing that, are you sure you're not just checking your own gear? Because that's what happens when you try and go throw someones elses stuff.

100% sure.

Give it some time. It´s the first day...

100% sure.

I'll let a Dev know about this then.

I had an enjoyable time at the TP. If someone set you up then why didn't you RP it out and attempt to prove your innocence? I think its your fault that you didn't have a good time.

Just give it time. Due to the circumstances, I can see why you were blamed. Perhaps you could have tried to explain in-game to the CTC.

Guest Shadow

Give it some time. It´s the first day...

Pretty much this.

Judging the TP is COMPLETELY out of the question right now. Players are going there on mass and of course the staff are going to struggle with the numbers to begin with. In my opinion there is no need for this thread at all, you should be grateful such a place has been made and actually run properly by the staff team.

Or perhaps you would prefer to go back to "good old Prud". Get robbed every day and have continuously terrible RP from complete trolls.

Be grateful the staff are having another go at the trade post, unnecessary threads like this do nothing but insult the hard work put into this project.

I suggest you attempt to solve your problems IC before making a thread about it. At the very LEAST contact a staff member OOC (IG) or on the forums to explain the actual situation and why you are unhappy.

I actually attempted to remedy the situation and was about to go through the process of searching EVERY person. That is when my internet cut out and I lost my spot on the server. I later get poked "I think harry is being set up"

I would've known you were set up because I specifically looked in every car at that time and if the RKM suspiciously appeared, I would've dealt with it.

I was going to say you can go in people's backpacks. A guy couldn't pick up some ammo he traded so I picked it up and put it in his backpack. I didn't realise you weren't meant to be able to do that.

I was going to say you can go in people's backpacks. A guy couldn't pick up some ammo he traded so I picked it up and put it in his backpack. I didn't realise you weren't meant to be able to do that.

There is a script that physically stops you going into peoples backpacks.

But like most things in ARMA, it broke. If we the CTC catch you stealing, you will be searched forcefully and banned from TP and then possible incur some OOC punishment as its AGAINST THE RULES.

I'll listen to all the advice about giving it time to settle down. I don't want one bad experience ruin some good RP opportunities. I just hated how I was set up, them blamed, and banned from TP for a day. I tried to RP out my innocence but the voice cluster was horrible. I think the layout of the TP could be more optimized and designed for traders also. Adding enclosed garages for cars to protect the valuables would be nice. Useable tents for traders to put their goods also. Too many people congregate around the parking area, if not actively trading or looking at goods people should be told to sit by the fire.