Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 06:32
Sign in to follow this  
daizchen

people arent following the rules on standalone

I just started playing the standalone rp, and the first thing that happens is that 2 guys just sprays me down when i enter a house. i dont know the names because theres no way to find out after now but just wanted to say that theres people killing on sight on the standalone. i understand if theres nothing you can do about it but be on your guard.

We know, nothing can be done. There are no admin tools, so until they are, be cautious. I'd recommend playing with friends if you want to RP.

There are no similar rules on the Standalone since the staff does not have access to the logs.

Not that people would admit it, but it would be interesting to know why some players kos others on the SA server now when we finally have it running.

Anyone feeling to step up and take the discussion?

Because they see something shiny and new and have the overwhelming desire to destroy it. This is why we can't have nice things.

In all honesty though, everyone knew it would be an issue to start off with because the admins simply have no tools at their disposal. It's unfortunate that people would take advantage of this, but there's just nothing that can be done at this point in time.

Just avoid well known areas like I've been doing, I avoid all military compounds and large towns that people usually frequent. I've still managed to get fairly well geared, it's just taken a little longer.

I have come across a few nice people though, also been shot at but it's still better than a regular SA server.

This should be used like a testserver as stated, but this is just like when you are accepted into a Beta and all around you are people just in it for being able to "play first" and don´t give a rats behind about the end product.

I feel some form of "line" should be used, such as a requirement of 4 weeks at least on DayZRP or a neutral up to max a smaller amount of warningpoints to be able to join in and help the staff to test the server.

I think it's weird that the only thing holding people back from KOS is the logs...I actually thought that the people who joined DayZRP wouldn't do such a thing just because they can't get caught, hopefully it's not DayZRP members but just randoms joining the server.

Guest Generic Name

Isn't the server passworded and whitelisted for DayZRP community members only?

It's passworded, but not whitelisted.

Guest Generic Name

So anyone KoSing in the server is basically a community member taking advantage of the fact that there's no logs and nothing can be done about it? That's sad as fuck.

We use the same password for that that we do for the main server...Permabanned players and others who do not play the mod regularly will still be able to log on. you can see where im going with that...

also some community members are immature, they will do it cause they know they will only be caught if someone figures out who they are.

The people acting like this has no room here in the end. It´s nothing more than that and no real discution needed either. People can rage all they want, but if you go online in the SA that is finally here and that is payed for by others, and just killspree and troll, then it´s out the door and no coming back. People have been given enough chances and behavior like this has no excuses.

We use the same password for that that we do for the main server...Permabanned players and others who do not play the mod regularly will still be able to log on. you can see where im going with that...

also some community members are immature, they will do it cause they know they will only be caught if someone figures out who they are.

I did see 'Jerry Winslow' on the server the other night, which doesnt take alot of thought to know who that could have been xD

Thats me Hex. No worries.

Guest Shadow

Why the hell do we have a SA server when we have no way of enforcing rules?

why the hell not?

Guest Shadow

why the hell not?

What is the point? Have you not read through this thread? Its literally people running around being little wasteland kiddies KOSing people.

So anyone KoSing in the server is basically a community member taking advantage of the fact that there's no logs and nothing can be done about it? That's sad as fuck.

My personal feeling, is that we should not announce when we do gain log access, and let the KOS reports stack up for a few weeks. Then issue bans. That, while a seemingly dick move, would seperate the wheat from the chaff.

My personal feeling, is that we should not announce when we do gain log access, and let the KOS reports stack up for a few weeks. Then issue bans. That, while a seemingly dick move, would seperate the wheat from the chaff.

I agree with this, while it will suck for a little while, bear with it, things will get better.

It was expected really. Without a way to enforce the rules, it becomes a clusterfuck. Seeing how toxic the community's become lately, im not surprised in the slightest that people are exploiting this to ruin other people's day just for a laugh.

I approve of this. Could be interesting to see what names would show up as well.

Well we would hope that people could knock off the PvP for once just to enjoy and help test things out and offer ideas for when it officially launches. But unfortunately some people are just like this.

+1

Guest Shadow

Well we would hope that people could knock off the PvP for once just to enjoy and help test things out and offer ideas for when it officially launches. But unfortunately some people are just like this.

Rampage.. This is the internet :P We cannot have nice things.