Server time (UTC): 2021-01-21, 04:58
Sign in to follow this  
Jamesy

Actually Eating & Drinking?

So, I just thought, would it good RP if I actually RP'd eating & drinking in-game?

For instance:

"Ah, I'm starving!"

*Pulls out bag of crips from bag*

Then, I open mic whilst actually opening a bag of crisps IRL and eating them IRL. Same with a can of drink of course.

To sum up, would this be good RP or just considered trolling?

Sorry a similar thread has been made before, feel free to close if so.

Thanks!

If it isn't too loud or annoying then it is fine. It adds immersion and that is something to aim for

As long as it doesn't interrupt any solid RP I don't see any problem with it

If it isn't too loud or annoying then it is fine. It adds immersion and that is something to aim for

Yeah, obviously I wouldn't be chomping on food and stuff, just eating quietly.

I think the volume makes a difference, especially with the fact that within 80m everything sounds just as loud, so someone can hear you eating from one side of prud to the other

I did it the other night. I ate Crisps (Chips for you Americans) and opened mic while doing so.

The act of you opening and closing your mic makes your character look like he is chewing.

I supposed it can only be considered trolling if you were to do it in the middle of Prud, and doing it incredibly loudly while other people were RPing.

Yeah, obviously I wouldn't be chomping on food and stuff, just eating quietly.

Then I'm sure it is okay. This is an interesting question to bring up, something that should be discussed. I remember a similar question about playing small miscellaneous sounds in game and people pretty much said the same as my first post.

I think the volume makes a difference, especially with the fact that within 80m everything sounds just as loud, so someone can hear you eating from one side of prud to the other

Hm, I see. So, what if I lowered my mic volume? Or would it still sounds just as loud to others?

I did it the other night. I ate Crisps (Chips for you Americans) and opened mic while doing so.

The act of you opening and closing your mic makes your character look like he is chewing.

I supposed it can only be considered trolling if you were to do it in the middle of Prud, and doing it incredibly loudly while other people were RPing.

Ah, okay. Thank you!

I thought it would be more trolling if I was slapping my lips loudly and going, 'nom, nom, nom' really loudly.

As long as it isn't obnoxiously loud then it should be fine.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

This can now be marked as solved. :D

Just want to throw in my two-cents before it's closed: I do the same with lighters, when lighting a cigarette ICly. ^_^

Guest Alfie

/marking as solved

I did this with a bowl of chili I made. Good times.

Just want to throw in my two-cents before it's closed: I do the same with lighters, when lighting a cigarette ICly. ^_^

Yeah same here . i do a lot of noises IC , pain and suffering noises while getting a Blood transfusion , heavy breathing while running noises when i have to pick stuff up thats a little heavy.. and so on.

I like the atmosphere it brings with having some sound effects. But unlucky as iam i havent met any RPer who reacted to that.

JUST TALK IN VEHICLE CHAT!!!!!! damn people...