Server time (UTC): 2021-01-26, 06:24
Sign in to follow this  
Bianco

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Discussion

[video=youtube]

So ya... Activision's new brilliant idea features Kevin Spacey voicing Jonathan Irons who is the leader of a PMC called Atlas. Atlas is apparently super mlg and powerful, and is either fighting for or against the U.S Government, or both. Two confirmed locations in game so far are San Francisco, California and Lagos, Nigeria. It isn't clear yet if you will be playing as someone in the company or against it.

Oh, and did I mention the super deep political commentary on American Imperialism? Good stuff guys.

Originally there were rumors of a Call of Duty set in WW1 that would be called Patriots (Which I would have totally loved and would have made sense, but you know #ActivisionSwagerism amirite?)

So what are your thoughts guys?

Another one? They have to run out of ideas eventually

#BlackOps3?

Dunno, I'll buy it, play it, get MLG at it, break all my bones in my hands from it, buy 13 new controllers then inevitably sell it.

I wished they would do another WW1 or WW2 game :(

Guest Shadow

Its COD.

Noone cares...

JK :P

It COULD be interesting if they begin to change the repetitive gameplay. I will admit their idea is creative. But to be honest I think it will just be different names, same old stuff.

#BlackOps3?

Dunno, I'll buy it, play it, get MLG at it, break all my bones in my hands from it, buy 13 new controllers then inevitably sell it.

They have yet to do WW1 which is why it would make sense

Oh come on, they are milking the concept of CoD. Its getting waaaay to old.

Always the same "realistic" cutscenes and endings.

(where you always handle the boss alone)

CoD is without doubt the most repetitive game of all time :P

Agree with Toorrik, another classic ww2 game would be nice :)

#BlackOps3?

They have yet to do WW1 which is why it would make sense

Would be awesome, I have never played ww1 games before. It would have been nice to use some god'ol bolt action rifles and maxim machine-guns, instead of some OP future rifle ;)

I reckon some good films could actually be made from these COD campaigns. That's what they should aim for, not this futuristic, made-up shit.

Imagine the COD 5 campaign as a film.

Beautiful.

On the lines of ww2 games im still waiting for band of brothers: hells highway sequal :(

Beautiful.

This^^

One of the better campaigns from the COD series and one of the only ones i actually wanted to finish the rest i couldnt stand.

Looks alright, will probably but it then get tired of it the first day in though :(

On the lines of ww2 games im still waiting for band of brothers: hells highway sequal :(

I wish there was a sequel too, it is long overdue and the last Band of Brothers game they made was really bad.

Okay well, after watching the video I'll say this.

I actually have a little hope for this Call of Duty, but then again, Call of Duty is Call of Duty. So I won't get my self extremely hyped about it. This game also reminds of like, a early version of Halo (history wise, like this is the beginning of Halo before the whole fighting aliens and stuff) Or you could compare it to the now new game Titanfall.

The whole talk about democracy was... surprisingly true, at least in my opinion. I might just buy the game because of it really. I can also see this being a more "fast paced" shooter, which is technically what Call of Duty is already, but now they'll be promoting it with some cool robot features and stuff.

So, I'm hyped, but not really. Looking forward to how this goes more like.

Okay well, after watching the video I'll say this.

I actually have a little hope for this Call of Duty, but then again, Call of Duty is Call of Duty. So I won't get my self extremely hyped about it. This game also reminds of like, a early version of Halo (history wise, like this is the beginning of Halo before the whole fighting aliens and stuff) Or you could compare it to the now new game Titanfall.

The whole talk about democracy was... surprisingly true, at least in my opinion. I might just buy the game because of it really. I can also see this being a more "fast paced" shooter, which is technically what Call of Duty is already, but now they'll be promoting it with some cool robot features and stuff.

So, I'm hyped, but not really. Looking forward to how this goes more like.

I hope you realize that the whole democracy part is just a ploy to make it seem more educated.

I reckon that if it wasn't a Call of Duty title, people's reaction would be vastly different, even if the game doesn't change at all.

Also, anyone else reminded of Titanfall?

-snip-

I hope you realize that the whole democracy part is just a ploy to make it seem more educated.

A ploy, maybe, but I enjoyed it.

Titanfall? Black Ops 3?

Really this is getting ridiculous...

Meh. Bad Company 3 is hopefully being announced soon.

Treyarch = decent CoD.

IW after MW2 = shieeeet.

Although its CoD, so ill probs just wait till the next battlefield, as that continues to amaze me.

I reckon some good films could actually be made from these COD campaigns. That's what they should aim for, not this futuristic, made-up shit.

Beautiful.

+1 just to hear Gary Oldman yell in Russian xD

Cod4 is still better then any shooter there is, the perfect balanced game. They should remake it with next gen graphics.

This.

After blackops 2 and Ghost I've decided to give up on call of duty.

It's just another game which will have a bad story which was done quick and will mainly be centered around close quarters multiplayer which will also probably have a lot of issues.

Beautiful.

Agreed

Too made up futuristic. What happened to the good old CoD 4. Sneaky SAS missions and such with the story that amazed and made you want to keep playing?

Guest whitepointer

Instead of writing a long sentence, I'll write 4 words.

It will be shit.

Cod will only become good if they remove 95% of killstreaks, perks, and weapon customisations. The singleplayer doesnt interest me.

Cod4 is still better then any shooter there is, the perfect balanced game. They should remake it with next gen graphics.

Cod will only become good if they remove 95% of killstreaks, perks, and weapon customisations. The singleplayer doesnt interest me.

Yeah but if they remade it you just know they'd throw in something new to keep people interested. They'll throw in something like tactical exploding knives or some shit. They'd never just re-release CoD4 with better graphics, sadly.

I honestly gave up on COD just after MW2, but still have fond memories of being a pro MLG quick scoper. :P

I'll be honest, This reveal makes me want to buy it, but I bet it will be no better than the latest installment. They always make their trailers so shiny compared to the actual game.