Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 09:27
Sign in to follow this  
Cammunism

The Mists of a Monster

I've grown to stone. I feel no emotion. I feel no remorse. I want to regret, but I can't. I took my best friend's life, and I cannot feel sorry for him or myself. I can only move on and survive.

Why do I do this? The things I see from day to day continue to grow worse, and I just ignore them like it's no big deal. I end up joining an organization of mercenaries I hardly know anything about, and for what? Permission to slap a patch on my arm?

I endlessly find myself getting robbed. It happens nearly everyday, now. I challenge myself to shoot and rebel if there is 2 or less armed men shouting commands at me. It's worked out so far, but I get the feeling it won't for long. A fat man with a shotgun thought he had the upperhand a day or two ago. Little did he know that I had felt his presence hours before. Creeping in the shadows like a coward. Stalking his prey that was never in any danger from the start. He had a journal in his small pack. I burned it without reading it. I have no interest in filthy pigs' lives.

Every time I go to Prud, I see faces I have never known that greet me as if we'd been brothers from birth. Perhaps I'm losing myself to this world. My mind is not sane and healthy like it was months ago. Even days ago I was much healthier than this. The only ones I recognize are the people in the trees. The ones with the glowing eyes. They keep me company when I roam these rotten lands.

They don't harm me. They only stalk. Their appearance is always different than the previous time we've met, yet I recognize them right away. They certainly don't help me, but they don't harm me, so I don't mind them sticking around for a while.

I don't miss Daniel. The Daniel I shot, anyway. The Daniel I shot was not the Daniel Brosis I cared for. Not my best friend in these hard times. My best friend wasn't coming back, either. I knew he was gone for good when we talked in those fields. He was only helping himself when he handed me the gun and tilted his head forward, asking for relief. I granted him what I could. I pulled the trigger. Him and his Lucy may lay at rest now.

Lucy makes me think. Will my visions start to attack me? Will it be someone I've loved an cared for in the past that I had to kill? Impossible. I haven't killed anyone I care for. Yet.

Hmmm very interesting. I am excited to see where this goes and evolves into! Good luck Cameron!

Sign in to follow this