Server time (UTC): 2021-01-21, 04:13
Sign in to follow this  

Ranger First - Survivor Second

Ranger First - Survivor Second

It was night time at the Outpost, the crop was struggling to grow this past month and most of the Rangers relied on hunting and looting for the travelers that seemed to past by and give a few laughs here and there. That's what Rangers do, Carib thought, and he tried his best to live up to this reputation by doing so.

Carib woke up by the sound of a few unsettling voices in the boathouse. He only thought he'd keep watch there just in case of any strange groups passing by, but he fell asleep. Below him was four men, huddled together, some looking worried, some looking ready to fight clutching there rifles. "You damn SVR can go and screw off!" One man shouted with a burrow accent outside the window, "Survivors, you are to all drop your weapons that are inside the camp and come out, failure to comply and you will be eliminated!" Gunfire followed on both parties.

"Guys, just drop it, nobody needs to be hurt!" Carib shouted, however, they didn't seem to notice. Bullets began riddling through the boathouse and everyone below him was prone, Carib instantly did the same, but noticed a line of gunfire slowly coming inching towards him. Quickly, he rolled over on his back and fell violently to the boathouse wooden floor, almost landing on one of the men.

"THIS IS YOUR FINAL CHANCE, DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR EVERYONE INSIDE WILL BE KILLED!" The SVR soldier shouted using a microphone. Carib knew that there would be no chance to take on a group such as this, and he already knew his fate if he didn't comply, he dropped his crossbow holstered on his back and left it in the boathouse and walked outside with his hands raised. As he walked out, he saw his friend and also leader, Tom, being pushed in to the garage building with the butt of a Automatic rifle, Carib was gestured to do the same thing by another man, his rifle pointed directly at him.

In this moment, he half expected Mace to come out of nowhere and save the day. He knew that fairy tales weren't true, and quickly dropped that thought. "Keep walking!" He shouted, and Carib, frightened but keeping his cool, began walking to the same barn Tom did. As he entered the building. The garage was where The Outpost Rangers kept most of there supplies, from food, soda, and other miscellaneous items that they may have found interesting, at the moment, it was a cluttered mess and dark. Only the light of the moon kept the garage illuminated, and it seemed bright enough.

Tom, Carib, and one other strange sat next to each other in a line against the wall ordered by the SVR soldier. The soldier lit his cigarette and blew a puff, he stands above Tom and asks him, "Who are you?" Tom looks back up at him, adjusting his brown cowboy hat to see his masked face. "I'm Tom Anderson, Chief of The Outpost Rangers." The man nodded and tapped him on the shoulder, "Ah... Outpost Rangers, you are the ones that run this place, no?" "Well, uh-" "Oh, and who's this, a fellow Ranger?" He said pointing at Carib, "Yes, that's Carib." Tom said, "and this man here?" The man broke in to tears and covered his face for a brief moment, he then looked up at the man, "Man I'm just nobody man, I didn't do anything man, don't hurt me man!"

[mp3]http://puu.sh/8wlZC.mp3[/mp3]

The soldier, pointing his pistol at his head, picked him up by the shoulder, "Take care of this one!" He shouted to his comrades outside.

"Now, let's get this over with." The soldier said staring back at Carib, he picked up his rifle and violently hit Carib with the butt, Carib fell to the ground with a thud. Half conscious, he could hear Tom getting hit, he attempted to fight falling unconcious, and he heard himself being dragged. At this moment, Carib gave up and closed his eyes, unknown of where he is going.

[align=right]Based on In Game events.

A good read Carib, really interested in seeing where you're going with this story.

Nice read - looking forward to the next one! :D

Two small errors I quickly noticed (possibly more): past by -> pass by, was four men -> were four men.

You say it's based on in-game events but it doesn't read as such, which is always nice. I'm sure you exaggerated a few details here and there (did the man really burst out in tears? :P) but that's good. It makes it read like you came up with it, and the fact some of it did happen in-game only makes it better. I always see stories like this as one's interpretation of what happened in-game, filling in the gaps that are left to your imagination, which is a significant part of roleplaying in DayZRP after all.

Hopefully you'll continue to write about Carib, because I'm really interested to see the contrast between present-day Jodar and 20-years-later Jodar.

Music is a nice touch as always!

Hopefully you'll continue to write about Carib, because I'm really interested to see the contrast between present-day Jodar and 20-years-later Jodar.

Well sadly since I can't really determine what will happen In Game, Chernarus 20 Years Later and this is very much different universes.

I know all about the Chernarus 20:YL universe, and this was based on a set time back then how I'd predict it to be in 20 years, however, since some things went south. (Good example would be BHM helping the council currently, while in the 20:YL universe they fight them.)

But yeah, differences. Thank you all for your support everyone.

I'll be updating 20:YL sometime tomorrow.

Two small errors I quickly noticed (possibly more): past by -> pass by, was four men -> were four men.

You say it's based on in-game events but it doesn't read as such, which is always nice. I'm sure you exaggerated a few details here and there (did the man really burst out in tears? :P) but that's good. It makes it read like you came up with it, and the fact some of it did happen in-game only makes it better. I always see stories like this as one's interpretation of what happened in-game, filling in the gaps that are left to your imagination, which is a significant part of roleplaying in DayZRP after all.

Music is a nice touch as always!

Apart from a few minor details, I can verify this did happen in game.

So the accuracy seems to be fairly good so far.

As long as Carib remembers the part where I tame the wild velociraptor and save the day.

As long as Carib remembers the part where I tame the wild velociraptor and save the day.

As we all know that happened. :P

6a012876c6c7fb970c01a51190922d970c-500wi

Amazing carib... Just amazing.. Great read and I'm hoping to see more soon.

Love this <3.

I feel like I want to find them and save the day.Looking forward the the next part.

[mp3]http://puu.sh/9r2aw/af2fa8dea0.mp3[/mp3]

It had been some time after the incident with Tom and Carib, where Tom and Carib had fled from their attackers as soon as they had the chance. Both beaten, both tired, returned back to the Outpost at Elektro, only to find corpses lined up along fence outside. It was a horrific sight, the display of a group that only got what they wanted with force.

Carib, young as he is, was exhausted. "What of our efforts, Tom, what of our efforts if all people want to do is kill each other now that law is gone?" He asked him, Tom didn't answer, but sighed. "Grab some wood." He said, "We'll say our blessings." And so they did, Carib worked for thrity minutes gathering enough plywood, and both worked together, piling the bodies. They both watched as the wood engulfed in flames.

"You ever fish, Carib?" He asked him, Carib nodded in disagreement. "No, I never had time for that stuff." "What!? Oh man, you've been a ranger for so long, how could you not know this stuff? Here, grab a fishing pole and we'll head down to the beach, It's easy." He said smiling. The two then spent the most of the day together in silence, Carib caught his first fish that day, and Tomeran triple the amount as Caribs.

In the brink of night, where everyone slept, Carib snuk away from the camp. He had reconsidered the Outpost Rangers, what could have they achieved if everyone was out to kill people anyways? He set out on his own journey, only leaving a note.

It had been five months, Carib had gone north, far north, and began to talk to a old man and his family he had met. Stefan was his name, and in a way, he shared the same traits as Tom. It was at this time he learned about a group that would provide the same characteristics as the Rangers, former Vigilantes in the modern world now turned heroes in the crowd in the present. At first, he thought to not join, if he had a group to go back to, it would be the Outpost Rangers.

He returned back to Chernarus, in search of his friends again. He had learned about the Trade Post a long while back from a group of travvelers he had met along the way back, he knew he'd find the Rangers there, he'd apologize for his absence. It was as he arrived that he learned the fate of his friends. Gone. Killed. All by the same power similar to the event with Tom.

The CTC commander dispursed the crowd, and only Carib was left, alone. Where would he go now, what was the point of living? He contemplated suicide, he could take the life of others so easily after all he had been through, but when it came time to take his own, he faltered. It wasn't going to work. He set his own goal, "I will live strong to the oath you had taught me so well, old man." He said, and traveled back north.

He returned to Stefan and immediately joined, after so much work with him, became a master of the guild he had joined. As soon as he got the chance, he recommended to Stefan to begin sending members to the Chernarus region to help the others. He agreed, and so with it, Carib returned.

Will he succeed what Tom had started, or will he fail?

3328516609_f1f9ebdc0d.jpg

The thick sheets of rain that thundered down on Karl had no effect as he kneeled, not moving, in the mud out the front of the Post.

His precious crossbow lay discarded in the oozing mud where he had dropped it after stumbling out of the Post in a blind

His body was numb and distant from him, he felt weak. He felt lost.

Sign in to follow this