Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 03:40
Sign in to follow this  
DankPineapple

How much RP actually goes on in the SA Server?

I'm aware that the Standalone server is not on a whitelist system since that actual function has not been released yet. I'm just curious to how much RP goes on in the server, since it's public. It's it generally good or is it much the same as a normal public server?

Guest Pandi

I haven't actually played much Standalone on the DayZRP server, although I do know that there is a lot of people that do roleplay as they are from the DayZRP community.

As Rolle says, it's highly recommended to roleplay, but it's not enforced yet, as you say, the whitelisting function hasn't been released yet.

You'll just have to wait until someone else posts on this thread that actually play on Standalone on the DayZRP server regularly, they should be able to give you a bit of insight on how often roleplay situations occur.

I haven't actually played much Standalone on the DayZRP server, although I do know that there is a lot of people that do roleplay as they are from the DayZRP community.

As Rolle says, it's highly recommended to roleplay, but it's not enforced yet, as you say, the whitelisting function hasn't been released yet.

You'll just have to wait until someone else posts on this thread that actually play on Standalone on the DayZRP server regularly, they should be able to give you a bit of insight on how often roleplay situations occur.

Alright Pandi, thank you :)

I've played on it once and never went back, hardly anyone roleplays at all from my experience.

I've met 2 people so far in SA, 1 helped me on sight, the other shot me while I was eating beans. If I had to guess, though, I'd say no, not many people might be RPing, but at least the KoS levels might be a little lower than other standard servers.

I met lot's of bandits. In fact managed to run away from a sniper and a guy with a m4 earlier :D.

Otherwise I met 2 people who were Rping.

RP'ing is a rare thing on UK and western europe servers. except the swedes, they love to RP.

Interactions usually go one of two ways....

1. Bang!

2. "friendly" (count to three) Bang!

there's combat logging, ghosting, server hopping. everything that makes £20 seem like alot for a glitchy shooting gallery. But I keep going back...

It seems like a common perception that we Swedes are friendly lol :D

Ppl always make remarks on us being friendly hah.

Never had an single RP encounter in standalone yet. This is partly my fault though, have a hard time trusting "randoms".

Still refusing to play standalone until admins have full control of the servers.... Until then it's the mod for me ;)

But what I had experienced... Very little rp.

Had lots of RP when i just started on this server but then i got KOS'ed a few times and now i sneak around in the woods, staying away from the larger cities and def staying away from airfields. Trust no1 but instead of KOS'ing others i just sneak away if it is possible...this game rly makes u paranoid :P

I had a lot of RP with other players, but unfortunately also many KOSíng and trolling by randoms. The best thing is to coordinate activities on TS or via Steam in order to prevent frustration. Or just life with the risk beeing KOSed by others. For myself I desided to stick to my RP and now I cope with getting shot without any reason. Sometimes randoms are not shooting instantly and so they can somehow be influenced by a good RP behaviour.

MfG Chris

From my experience, not as much as not many people are on there as the mod.