Server time (UTC): 2021-01-26, 05:14
Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Do you like better guns?

Well, from the title you most people will say immediately yes, but in DayzRP, i found that having a better gun doesn't really matter, and some times only makes gameplay worst...

For me whenever i carry a good gun, i tend to stick to back routes, avoiding people when alone if i log on at all as i know and it's not being paranoid that the first person to see me will attempt to rob me, 7/10 times. Also in PVP i don't think that there is much difference between some guns to their lower tiers competitors (ie western VS russian) when you think about it, both have sights which do pretty much the same and both kill pretty quickly but for some reason i barely use Russian made weaponry.

What are your thoughts about this? If you had the option between your dream ArmA gun and a mediocre one which you will not worry about your life while using which one will you pick?

Personally once you do find a good gun it's kind of hard to let go of it, so for me it's pretty much a burden i carry because i don't want to just give it away. May sound stupid but i keep doing this :P

Ammo quantity -> Gun quality.

Besides, everyone has a different definition of "good". To most people "good" means "rare" and thus jump to fancy western guns with fancy optics.

Give me a good ol' trusted AKM. Im good.

If I had to CHOOSE a gun and got plenty of ammo with it, I'd definetly go for the MK-17. That thing is an absolute beast.

But realisticly? Frankly I just use whatever I come across and have ammo for. Which in most cases means simple AK's. And they work well enough.

Whatever gets the job done.

I think just walking around, RPing with people I wouldn't carry a "good" gun, especially if I'm alone. I would keep it in a stash or in my backpack. But in a firefight, I would want to have a gun with a scope and can one shot knock someone out. Even carrying a hunting rifle ie kar98, CZ 550, etc. can get you robbed. Hell I've been robbed of a Winchester before.

When I'm not in a clan I usually use a pistol, crossbow or something simple. But when I am in a group I tend to have a bit better guns

I prefer having a worse gun just because I mainly focus on RP rather than firefights and when you try to RP with a good gun your most likely to get robbed.

I will usually carry two weapons though. I carry something like an AK or any type of submachine gun (bizon etc) to dispatch zombies with as I don't like to be sneaky while looting (I mean we need to rid this land of zombies and the infection right?) I also carry a rifle for RP reasons (killing animals or helping people blow up cars etc ). This means I can save my AK ammo and not worry about running out during a stand off with the entire population of Electro.

When you do PvP a lot the guns can matter. Russian vs. Western not so much, but higher grade in general. I almost always carry a good weapon around with me. I'm not really paranoid about loosing them, as whats the difference if you just use an AK all the time, or die with a good weapon and then get an AK. Either way, you wind up with an AK. Might as well use the good weapon while you can. You can always see me running through an open field with PKM's or Dragonov's and such. Just don't think of it as a burden, think of it as any other AK or gun, as that's all it really is. Just a little cooler :)

Give me an AKM or Mosin and i'll be happy :D

If I don't have an AS-50 im going to quit playing. Just kidding, but just like Tomeran said, give me an AKM and i'm good to go.

A good old fashioned AKM or crossbow will do me just fine, I see no need to be carrying "high tier" weapons and would rather blend into the background then have people take notice of me because of my weapon.

I think that I stand with Tomeran on the whole "Ammo quantity -> Gun quality".

The AK variants are the old reliable that you wind up going back to until you find either a chopper crash, or a really lucky spawn at a barracks involving a SV-98...the high grade stuff obviously gives you an edge in firefights, but other than that - it doesn't really matter, the good ol' AKM or AK-74M with a PSO would do me fine.

Guest Tyrion

MVD HOLO , VAL , PKP

I prefer western weapons with optic, why I do not know but I feel that they are easier to work. However I only ever get AKs and never get robbed for them... So I just stick with good ol' kalashnikovs :D

I honestly just like how some weapons look, and that is the only reason I carry them. But my priorities are straight:

I've always preferred Russian AKs over other stuff. I've used them almost exclusivly for 6 months or so.

But there is something about a Camo M4A1 Holo SD Grenade launcher that just turns me on.

An Akm works fine for me but hey if you want to get fancy then lets go AK-47 Holo MVD But that's just me.

Honestly, I don't care what gun I have as long as it looks cool, but most of the time that means rarer guns.

Guest Ketamine

The Remington 870 with pellets, is my favorite weapon.

As for guns in general I will take what I can find and if I happen to find something that handles better then what I have originally I will upgrade... All though, I do enjoy the red-dot Famas and all PSO scoped weapon's.

Guest Generic Name

"Good" guns get you robbed, I prefer to go around with a common AK or anything that has is easy to find ammo, all of my bullets are meant for meat-puppets anyways.

I usually just have a stock M4A1 or an AK so I don't get robbed. Or I just run around with a hatchet. Who would kill a man that only has a hatchet?

If I have ammo, I'll take whatever I can get.

Winchester/1911 combo is my goto combination

I prefer sticking to weapons that have a great quantity of lootable ammunition within South Zagoria. That is my definition of 'good'. So this mainly applies to AK74 series and AKM series weapons. You can never go wrong with a Kalashnikov! Reliable, simple yet beautiful. I tend to like rolling around with a stock AKS-74U.

aks74u.jpg

Sign in to follow this