Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 05:51
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Allen

Spawn Glitch?

Ok, so at about 1AM in the morning when i logged off today. I was at prud. I wasn't near death, and i wasn't thirsty or hungry. And i log off. And when i get on. Im at Cherno, I still have all my gear, food, and guns, just in cherno somehow. Anyone know what could of happened?

We're you in cherno before this, and did anything significant happen, like you breaking your leg or passing out?

Well i did spawn near cherno and got alot of things from there. Then made my way up to stary. And went to prud. Logged off. Got back on. Played till about 1AM got back off. And now im in Cherno. And during that time i was at Prud untill i logged off

There's been a few threads about this and I'm pretty sure none got an exact answer. I'm guessing this happens randomly? It happens to me when I break my leg, that it sets me back to where I broke my leg.

This happened to me before. I logged off for two days and when I logged back on I spawned in Vybor with freshspawn gear, although I just assumed it was some fancy script that deletes your items if you change characters.

Did you log out by using Alt+F4?

What is your average ping? If it is at a constant high it might not save on the database and that causes for your position to not save, hence, the spawning back to a previous location.

Did you log out by using Alt+F4?

If you did use this way of logging out then it has a chance of rolling you back. I advise if you do not wait the full thirty seconds then you do so.

If you Alt F4 someone might of damaged you (zombie) and you died as you logged.

Sounds like it didn't write your updated location to the database correctly, if the server or you were lagging that would explain it

Sleepwalking.

Guest MARTiN

This happend to me before, my position got rollbacked like 30-40 minutes.

Sounds like it didn't write your updated location to the database correctly, if the server or you were lagging that would explain it

Is there a fix for this issue or is it just one of them Arma bugs? Just wondering as ive had a few People telling me about this

Is there a fix for this issue or is it just one of them Arma bugs? Just wondering as ive had a few People telling me about this

I believe it is just due to internet issues then that leading onto his data not being synced with the database. It's a weird one :P

It really is weird, I advise if you don't do it to wait the full 30 seconds before logging off, if you alt F4'd. It may also be Internet, as it sounds similar to when I had really bad ping I'd pick up a weapon, get kicked, and not have that weapon anymore.

Also, I had a look at the list of Archived Bugs, and this is listed:

Logging out of server can sometimes spawn you at random locations near the beach on next login.

Currently, there is no fix.

No fix at present. Occurs more often when the player switches between servers using different DayZ mod versions. E.g. 1.7.1/1.7.2

Source: Here

Don't know why I didn't see the sooner, this happened to me since DayZRP 1.2 thing is I think sometimes server don't receive all your data so they move you back, like a corrupt save file you would need to play on an older one that works. This happens with 30 seconds and ALT+F4, commonly more with ALT+F4 but for me it sometimes happened even when I waited 30 seconds, some people use it to abuse amounts with a buy I discovered back in 1.3 launch, not going to be telling anyone ;)

Basically try not ALT+F4 and try do the 30 seconds but know even the 30 seconds might teleport you back.

Jack, is your question solved?

Jack,

I'm going to mark this as solved but I'm not going to close this, so fill free to let me know here if you want it left unsolved, and everybody else can give a good answer or a fix below. Like I said in my previous post however, there is no fix, it's just one of those things DayZ has and will never be fixed due to Stand Alone.

Solving.

Yea i gues you can close it. If it happens again I will just try a different method of fixing it.