Guest WinslowBarington

WinslowBarington Ban Appeal

Guest WinslowBarington

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-unreasonable-demands-trigger-happy

Why the verdict is not fair:

I took no actions in the above report.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I've probably ran through this more times than I can count on both my hands, but as far as I can see, my point still stands.

In the above report I was banned for the following:

Winslow Barington - Blatant disregard for fair play or rules + Contempt - so guilty

I commented in the report as someone who was present during the time of the incident, not as someone who played part in the going's on.

For all I was a member of the IRA at the time the incidents took place, I hurt no one, made no demands and merely watched the spectacle from across the courtyard.

From what I can understand, I was banned for the above actions, actions which never infact took place. What I'd posted in the report was my point of view, I didn't physically do anything, merely posted what I believed was permitted and what I thought was right and/or wrong.

As I've said time and time again, I know my presence has caused more harm than good and I've went through my arguments in the past as to why I believe I should be given a final chance.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I saw Ktbur had her ban removed even after Rolle had said;

SKA or IRA will not be allowed back on DayZRP and no bans will be lifted' date=' ever. [/quote']

So I'm not entirely sure what the staff teams stance on this is at the moment, hence my appeal.

I understand little to none of the staff like me personally and as I've said before, that's understandable. But as I believed I have changed, I do believe peoples opinions can also change, something which I can try and assist in happening.

As Hofer said in my earlier appeal, I was given more Warning Points for most, but under 10% of those were for in-game actions. I was a stickler for the rules, to the point where I got in trouble for it.

Personally, I can't see any harm in giving me a final chance. If that means I'm sitting on 20 Warning Points for the rest of my time here, then so be it. If that even meant simply not posting on the forums at all, then that would be something I could quite happily live with unless ofcourse called to a report.

In my honest opinion, I can't see the harm it would caused if I was to be given another chance.

Keeping an eye on me really wouldn't be all that difficult considering the accent I've been brought up to have the name which I've burdened myself with.

I understand my odds of coming back are pretty damn slim to say the least, if not non-existent, but I thought I may aswell give it another shot.

What could you have done better?:

My countless trolling and baiting posts could have been cut out from the start.

My arguments and disagreements could have been resolved in a more suitable manner rather than pages of opinions and anger.

I should have considered others points of view before going over the top with my continued efforts to follow the rules as much as I did.

I could go on for quite some time, but I think we all recognise the errors and faults I've made.

There's not a great deal I can do to re-assure/prove the other "troll" accounts made didn't belong to me, other than that which Hofer pointed out that the IP's didn't match. As far as I'm aware they were made by someone who had a disliking towards me which again is understandable and it's happened many a time before.

Thanks for your time.

Winslow

You've already had your 1 allowed ban appeal that has been denied.

You know very well that while that report may have been the original reason you were permanently banned you have done enough since then to earn you several more permanent bans.

You may have changed, and I truly hope you have. But frankly it is too little too late, the staff team can be quite forgiving as seen in Ktbur's case. We are able to show empathy, but you have consistently in the past acted immaturely to the point that even the most forgiving person would decide enough is enough.

Winslow, the way you continue to pretend not to understand why you were banned is insulting to everyone's intelligence, not least, your own. Please stop.

You effectively said in that report that, and I paraphrase here, "There's nothing in the rules that says you can't try to exploit loopholes in the rules." That is the very definition of the logical fallacy known as 'begging the question'. I was doing my best to offer you a way out of that situation by accepting short bans for a couple members of IRA for their shabby behaviour, but you utterly disregarded the door I was holding open and decided to trash the rules which are one of the supporting pillars of the community. Your utter disregard for fair play sealed your fate.