Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 12:58

DayZ commander "WRONG CD KEY"

Did I do well explaining the situation?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I try to update my game to 103718 using DayZ commander, It will say "Error: Wrong CD Key" and not only will it do that, but also when I try to join a server using the DayZ Commander I will get stuck on the loading screen about 80% through joining then it will freeze for about 5 minutes, then it will put me into the game for about a second or two, then kicks me because my Battleye client is not responding. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Sapphire

This means that you don't have the Beta patch installed or the beta patch that the server requires you have in order to connect.

- Downloading the latest patch here.

- Proceed to use the following here.

Try this, if it doesn't work then PM me.

Edit: I just searched "Wrong cd key" and it does actually effect your game. It is something you simply click and continue.

Are you sure it is "Wrong CD key"?

• Sapphire

Have your ran the Vanilla version of both arma 2 and arma 2 OA?

Also you may want to check this video out here and see if that helps you.

Guest magw33d

If this fails, (which it shouldn't), try this manual copy pasta approach.

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Use the key changer at your own risk- this is a last ditch solution to that problem.

• Legend

Run both Arma 2 and arma OA separately then close them down

Reopen commander and try again

When I tried to update my Beta through Commander, it failed, I had to do it manually

Go here

Click the link in the green label

Install

Even if a "Wrong CD key" message pops up, in the other window it should say "Updated successfully"

• Sapphire

How are you getting on with this Kaptivate xR? Has it been fixed? If not then feel free to send me a private message and i'll see what I can do :)

• Emerald

Wow. Was gonna help but these men gave you many many good options. Id advise you to do as they say. Afterwards let us know here which option fixed it and if it is indeed fixed ok?

• Sapphire

umm...I am not sure but the "wrong cd key" refers into the ARC DLC (dunno, atleast it says it for me also)

• Sapphire

umm...I am not sure but the "wrong cd key" refers into the ARC DLC (dunno, atleast it says it for me also)

You could try to remove the @ARC folder (Just move it to desktop) then run the game and see if it removes that problem. If not then just place back the @ARC folder.

• Sapphire

You could try to remove the @ARC folder (Just move it to desktop) then run the game and see if it removes that problem. If not then just place back the @ARC folder.

It just says that thing when I update my Arma2OA patch, it only whines about that because I don't have ACR. So when you get this "error", just ignore it

Yeah as the others said just ignore it and open the patchprogram in your taskbar (it's a green head of a soldier) and continue. It's a known bug of the beta patch since about 1 year, but Bohemia doesn't seem to care about it...

• Legend

How's this going? :)