Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 14:58

Stop the metagaming please

Wunsleh

• Emerald

as the title says, please stop the metagaming :P

tonight we have had three different occassions where people say, "oh you're echo 1-1! are you echo 1-1?!"

now that would be fine and well, if we actually acted in game and spread around the message about E1.

but we don't and people actually knowing we are echo 1-1 breaks the rp for us in a sense :S

i felt that it needed to be posted here.

• Emerald

Rumours spread like a virus and people IC have probably legitimately heard of you via conversations. Though if people don't know you and you meet them for the first time, then yeah it sucks.

IC I have no clue you exist nor do my colleagues.

• MVP

I see the same thing happen with The Fallen as well. They don't go around in-game and spread themselves around as a group. It's fine and dandy if you see the patch, but if you magically know the name of the group that is something different.

• Emerald

I agree. I've had so many random people come up to us and say "YOU ARE SOBR RIGHT?" And the badge says "COBP" (Russian lettering for SOBR)

I didn't know all these people knew how to read Russian Writing. Just ask, don't pull the name magically from your ass.

I agree. I've had so many random people come up to us and say "YOU ARE SOBR RIGHT?" And the badge says "COBP" (Russian lettering for SOBR)

I didn't know all these people knew how to read Russian Writing. Just ask, don't pull the name magically from your ass.

I may or may not have mentioned you at Prud several times after meeting some of your members, as my characters can read Russian.

Also: СОБР, not COBP.

• Sapphire

I know who you guys are IG because I always run into one guy who is part of ya'll and we have a chat haha

• Emerald

tonight we have had three different occassions where people say, "oh you're echo 1-1! are you echo 1-1?!"

now that would be fine and well, if we actually acted in game and spread around the message about E1.

but we don't and people actually knowing we are echo 1-1 breaks the rp for us in a sense :S

the amount of people that say "oh your the fallen! your ex-watchers!" is terrible.

Yes the xml is technically on our arms even if it doesnt show. yes you can ascertain id from the xml in our text chat, however using out of game information beyond that is metagameing. in the instance of the fallen, noone knows we are all ex-watchers, the only active ones in my time zone arent even playing ex watcher characters.

metagaming happens though. sometimes its on accident.

• Emerald

Yeah. That's an annoying bummer. We've been running into a few instances like that where we are just stunned role play-wise, no idea how to react.

There needs to be a hashtag for this. We need an awareness campaign.

@SweetJoe: I didn't call you guys the fallen IC did I? I thought I only did it OOC.

• Emerald

#reportmetagaming

• Emerald

I may or may not have mentioned you at Prud several times after meeting some of your members, as my characters can read Russian.

Also: СОБР, not COBP.

I know its СОБР, I'm just too lazy to get the correct "B"

It's fine if people mention us but without physically seeing the tag, how does a random person go from HEARING about SOBR to randomly running up to armed men and shouting "U R SOBR LOLOL" (It happens all the time)

It's incredibly annoying when it happens. We've done it occasionally and My simple rule is "If you don't like it done to yourself, don't do it to other people"

IC I know who you guys are because I was on the radio with clanmates when you robbed radio station and killed two of our guys there. You can't expect word to not get around through IC means who you guys are and what you have done, when you rob a place where a lot of people hang out off and on. I mean heck there were some people at the radio station when you robbed it. IRL if some group shouted out beforehand who they were and then robbed a place where people like to go and hang out, word would get around pretty fast. This isn't me trying to get crappy or anything. I'm just explaining why it's happening and how it could easily be spread who you guys are and what your emblem looks like IC.

TL;DR When you go around robbing people and doing bandity stuff. You better expect some attention.

• Emerald

True, there is one thing you forget. We never gave any name or id

• Emerald

Yeah. That's an annoying bummer. We've been running into a few instances like that where we are just stunned role play-wise, no idea how to react.

There needs to be a hashtag for this. We need an awareness campaign.

@SweetJoe: I didn't call you guys the fallen IC did I? I thought I only did it OOC.

I wasnt talking about you. no. you were fine.

True, there is one thing you forget. We never gave any name or id

Yes you did. We met a couple of your men right before the robbing (which then turned out were the people aiming the guns at us), they even gave us their first names. None of the talking was in text. It was strictly over direct. Then when you robbed us one of you said over direct "Listen up! This is Echo 1-1! (obviously didn't say the dash, just echo 1 1) Drop your weapons right now or you will be shot!" Surprisingly enough you didn't tell us to drop our radios. But there would be no way, even out of character, we would have known you were all echo 1-1 if one of your men wouldn't have said that. Especially since all of the robbers were using the skin that doesn't show XML. Which when a skin does that you are suppose to act like there is a emblem there anyways. Can't remember which skin it is. It's one of the ones with the boonie hat. Will ask the other person who was there with me when he gets on. Him and I were talking about it after.

EDit: Think the skin was the KSK 2 Woodland from the looks of it.

Guest Shadow

Agreed with the OP.

When I was in 2CDO everywhere we went people would be like "hey your the aussies!"

Yes we promoted ourselves to the public at Prud but we received metagaming LONG before we properly revealed ourselves. If only we could find a way for the player list to be removed from in game then maybe it would stop a good amount of metagaming instances.

Such as clans with only a couple people online server hop or just log whenever large numbers of a enemy clan logs on.

We get it all the time, but then we do display powerful imagery.

With you guys it's a bit easier though. The survivor hears about a big group of asian guys with asian accents running around called the Doragonzu and their symbol is the japanese rising sun. The survivor meets a group of asian men or a single asian man with an asian accent and has a japanese rising sun on his arm. With a bit of deductive reasoning the person connects the dots lol. :D

Guest Phalix

seeing 6 men with asian looking faces, accents, and a easily seen rising star.

not a scientist here

kind of a give away :3

But yeah. I don't seem to have that much of an issue with recognition as we ANNOUNCE US BEING AT PLACES(unless we're being sneaky, then we don't get seen at all.)

• Emerald

Well at some point people will know who you are, no matter how secret of an organization you want to be. People talk about their encounters with groups, they describe clothing of people and patches they've seen. So it's not necessarily metagaming just bad RP. But sometimes it's metagaminng and metagming should be reported, but how can it be proven? I think people consider it to be ok if they hear or interact with a group in game that after the encounter they can use clan thread information IC. OR something.

• Emerald

Recently I crated a new character and so far the only group I know about is AGI because I asked them what the logo was but every time I see someone with a logo I make sure i ask instead of using OOC info