Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 05:38
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowDrakgon

Tab problem

Question/Problem: Ok so sometimes when I go onto DayZRP and click to go somewhere 1 or 2 tabs sometimes open and open up spam sites?

Is the problem on the Mod or Standalone: None

Does this problem occur on other public DayZ/ArmA/SA servers as well: N/A

How long have you had this problem: Just started like yesterday

What have you done to fix this already: I went to my computer security provide(McAffe)and ran a full scan on my computer which took 4 hours to complete so I know it can't be any files on my computer.

Are you holding any other keys when you do so? I had a problem when I had my push to talk on left-ctrl and it would open several tabs at once.

Are you holding any other keys when you do so? I had a problem when I had my push to talk on left-ctrl and it would open several tabs at once.

Nope and I'll take a screen shot the next time it happens or try to take a video.

Are you using Google Chrome? if so have you got Ad Block because I know when i had Adblock this happened to me after I deleted it I was fine.

EDIT: After deleting Ad Block you must also Re-install Chrome.

No 3rd party scripts, tracking cookies or advertisements are running on the DayZRP website, with the exception of secure ones like jQuery hosted from Google's CDN. Any advertisements or popups you get are from your computer.

Guest Nykke

a McAffe scan doesn't necessarily mean that your computer is clean...

You should probably check out this and let it scan your pc:

http://de.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/?language=de

BTW: Do you have the newest version of the Youtube Converter (by DVD Video Soft)installed? It has a lpcloudbox virus wich opens windows with adds when you have the program running. I had the same problem but after deinstalling the Converter it stopped.

EDIT: Make sure you have no Toolbars or other Add-Ons installed wich could contain a virus.

If you have an anit-virus (I hope you do) just run the FULL Scan option and let it run. It will remove any virus' and hopefully it will fix the problem. If not try a separate browser.

If the problem consists PM me :)

Are you using Google Chrome? if so have you got Ad Block because I know when i had Adblock this happened to me after I deleted it I was fine.

EDIT: After deleting Ad Block you must also Re-install Chrome.

Never had this problem with AdBlock on Chrome. So don't know why this could be the cause of the problem. Life is better with AdBlock.

No 3rd party scripts, tracking cookies or advertisements are running on the DayZRP website, with the exception of secure ones like jQuery hosted from Google's CDN. Any advertisements or popups you get are from your computer.

I seem to have fixed it for now by going into safe mode and running a scan their so thank you everyone for your help! :D (Can mark as solved)

Great, marking as solved. Be careful with what you download and what sites you visit :)