Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 13:30

Hello!

Guest SyFy_Serpent

Guest SyFy_Serpent

Hello Everyone! I trust everyone is well?

I'm hoping that someone can clarify something for me.

I had joined this webpage with the intention of creating a character and waiting to be accepted into the server. Imagine my surprise after going through the trouble of signing up and only then did i have the ability to read this:

The whitelist is closed for non-donors

We are sorry, but due to a large amount of received applications we have been forced to close down the whitelisting process for non-donors. The whitelist will be opened to non-donors once we have handled the current application queue and more open slots are available for new players.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

i seems that the folks that run this page have cleverly duped people into signing up at this website. I wouldn't have even bothered signing up if i knew i would not be able to submit my character on the "whitelist" without being required to throw money at the admins. Which brings me to my next point:

Q: If I donate, will I have a better chance of getting accepted?

A: No, as a donor you are allowed to apply, but your application still has to meet all requirements and you have to answer all questions correctly. Donating does NOT guarantee being whitelisted nor does it whitelist you automatically.

The answer should read: "It's the ONLY way to get accepted."

• Emerald

i seems that the folks that run this page have cleverly duped people into signing up at this website. I wouldn't have even bothered signing up if i knew i would not be able to submit my character on the "whitelist" without being required to throw money at the admins. Which brings me to my next point:

You write this as if you were conned. I'm sure the 10 seconds you used to write your name and email in the registration wasn't that severely detrimental to your life.

The whitelist opens and closes as we get A LOT of applications. The ways we filter those who join us is to "Close unless Donator" Which we do to keep funding this stuff. (Hardware, software and monthly costs are expensive) or to physically close it all together.

Once we have filtered out those pending applications, I'm sure we will re-open the whitelist to everyone. Then you may apply and these 10 seconds you used to sign up wont seem to wasteful after all.

Guest SyFy_Serpent

I'm not sure if you anyone told you, but omission is the same thing as lying. I completely understand that there a lot of applications here, this place is popular; I get that. But ommitting IMPORTANT information to bolster your numbers doesn't seem like a prudent way to run anything.

• Emerald

It's worked out for us so far it seems.

The FAQ question you linked applies to all applications regardless of donor status. If whitelist is open to anyone and you donate, it doesn't increase your chance to get successfully whitelisted. You have taken it out of context and placed it against a temporarily locked whitelist to make it seem false.

I'm not sure if you anyone told you, but omission is the same thing as lying. I completely understand that there a lot of applications here, this place is popular; I get that. But ommitting IMPORTANT information to bolster your numbers doesn't seem like a prudent way to run anything.

We don't gain more members by omitting information, you've already said that right now only donors are getting accepted, so for them to join our numbers means they must know the information you say is omitted.

Yes, the website does a poor job of explaining to people that when the whitelist is closed only donors can apply. I think the only place it says that is a thread by Khardia, and I don't even know if he updates it anymore as he left staff.

Also, it hardly "dupes" people into handing over money.

Guest SyFy_Serpent

Reptile, I'm not talking about being duped into paying money, If someone wants to pay that money for expeditious consideration, more power to them. I'm talking about being duped into signing up in the first place while a "temporary" closure of applications is in effect. Toorrik, because the FAQs do not include this VERY important fact before I sign up, it is false. I don't care if the FAQs are "half true".

Look, I'm not wanting to rub anyone the wrong way here, and I'm very sorry If I have. I simply believe that this info could be displayed somewhere, without having to sign up first. It might even help keep out the riff-raff. I do apologize if this introduction has been a little...tense.

You're right though, Toorrik, 10 minutes is't that long to do anything and I'm lying when I say that wouldn't have even bothered signing up if i knew i would not be able to submit my character. I'm just irrated that this info isn't disclosed before hand. I can't be the only one out there that feels/felt the same.

It should be displayed elsewhere, you're right. Not only for new people like yourself but for people checking to see if it's open for non-donors yet. If it never gets updated anymore (Which I'm still uncertain about) then people won't be able to tell it's open, right?