Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 14:55
Sign in to follow this  
JaMiiE024

Banned for shooting cannibals

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rps1-prud-rdm-kos

Why the verdict is not fair:

It is allowed to shoot zombies/people with a zombie skin, but if people tell you that they eat hearts(basicly cannibals), and about how your calves look really meaty and that they might eat you. You can't kill them?

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I think it's weird that you can shoot people with a zombie skin, but if you shoot a cannibal that says you seem like a good piece of meat it's KoS.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Get unbanned from the game.

What could you have done better?:

As they stated i was not forced to stay there(I didn't know this at the time). I could've left immediatly instead of staying there.

●You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. Contact is made when the player has responded to or otherwise acknowledged your message.

●You must explicitly state your intention to commit a hostile action or inform the victim of the consequences of non-compliance. You must also explicitly state each demand or order before you can harm the victim for non-compliance.

Did they at any point do the above to you? Or shoot at you or rob/kill a clanmate?

No, but how is this case any diffrent from someone with a zombie face(who you're allowed to shoot), but someone talking about eating you isn't.

Because infected are infected, and cannibals have to initiate hostilities just like everyone else. They can't eat you unless they initiate.

Actually I am not even going to entertain this. We have rules for a reason. Those rules are to be followed. We have stated may times, anyone RPING a zombie is fair game. At no time have we stated anything against cannibals other than they are not to kill for the sole reason that they are a cannibal.

I would use this time to reread our rules. As I signed on your original verdict and will leave this appeal to another.

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

The reason that people are not entirely blamed for shooting people that use a zombie face is not regarding what they might be role-playing. People who use zombie faces can sometimes remarkably be confused for zombies. This is why logic should tell you using the zombie face is quite silly.

Cannibalism while perhaps inappropriate RP is not in itself a direct threat to you. They still have to follow the rules, much as you do. Someone's strange RP does not justify pure trigger happiness.

Outcome

No Action Taken.