Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 22:50

An Origin

Dalrona

• Emerald

An Origin

Part One

This is the story of Marcus Beres, and how he came to be as he is. The tale of his tragic past after the outbreak and all of the death and despair he was witnessed since.

Marcus woke up suddenly and jolted upwards. His eyes wide and alert, cold sweat upon his face. He looked around his tent quickly before letting out a sigh. He rubbed his eyes before laying back down again. He picked his water bottle up from beside him, unscrewed the lid and took a quick drink from it before screwing the lid back on and putting the bottle back at his side.

I rarely get a good sleep these days, I've been getting these nightmares for the past few days now and they seem to be getting worse, I don't even know why I have them but they always seem to be about the same thing. Some days I have good dreams though, of how things used to be. I wasn't always like this, brutal and violent but I guess that's what happens to you when the "Undead" come and start biting chunks out of people. My life was great before this, I had a nice job in the army, I had a loving wife, but all of that changed once outbreak happened, a deadly virus that would change the world as we knew it forever.[/color]

After a while of laying down, Marcus got prepared for the long day ahead of him. He got dressed sorted his backpack and his supplies, made sure his gun was prepared in case he had to do a bit of shooting, put his boots on and stepped outside his tent pulling his backpack out with him. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath of fresh air. He zipped his tent back up and put his bag on his back and began walking away from his tent into the distance.

A few hours of walking somewhat north of Chernarus, he was finally there. A small abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere that was mostly in ruins. There wasn't much left of the farm, it had been burned to the ground some time ago. This was the place where his heart was shattered, this was the place that changed him forever and had filled him with anguish and despair. Almost a year ago, an event happened that would change his life forever. This was the place where he had laid the woman he loved to rest.

One year prior.

It was a stormy night, rain was pounding on the roof of the farmhouse, every so often the loud earth shattering sound of thunder was heard and the lightning from it illuminating everything when it struck. Marcus was on his knees, his arms tied behind his back, his face swollen and bloody. Marcus spat the blood from his mouth onto the floor. Marcus growled the words "Don't you fucking touch her" as the terrified screams of his wife could be heard as he was beaten...

To be continued...

• Emerald

Nice.

Wish it was longer.

Will be doing some more soon. :)

• 1 month later...
  • MVP

Very nice! Please change blue font though, very hard to read

• Emerald

Wasn't really intending on continuing this *Angrily shakes fist at Pandora* But I may.

• Legend

Wasn't really intending on continuing this *Angrily shakes fist at Pandora* But I may.

Do it! It is really good!!

• Emerald

An Origin

Part Two

I slowly walked onto the farm, looking around slowly and cautiously. Gun gripped tightly in my hands. Jaw clenched. This place brings back memories, some memories one would rather forget but for me, forgetting any of this is just an impossibility. Nothing much had changed since my last visit. The last time I saw this place most of it was a smouldering wreck, dying embers upon the wooden farmhouse. Well, what was left of it anyway. Now it's just a charred wreck upon the ground without purpose any more. This was a place I once considered home for a while, after the infection wrapped its tendrils around this world and refused to let go, wreaking havoc, sorrow and despair everywhere it went. This was a place I considered to safe. For that... I paid the price. Nowhere is safe.

After a while of looking around, I finally saw what I came here for, the tree where I laid my wife to rest. It was upon a small hill. A place that she loved. Just looking at it was like putting salt on a fresh wound. I slowly walked towards it and for the first time in what felt like forever, I cried. I could barely walk any closer before I sank to my knees. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to stop any more tears from coming. It felt as if it was just yesterday I had to bury her, the pain of it still felt fresh and just being here was as if someone put salt on this fresh wound. I don't think any amount time can heal this.

The only words I could get out of my mouth was her name. It was barely a whisper.

Elena.

• Sapphire

Very good entry, good job, Marcus!

• 1 month later...
  • Emerald

An Origin

Part Three

[mp3]http://puu.sh/9XlBT/49150c3466.mp3[/mp3]

After sitting there in a shroud of sorrow for a while I finally mustered the strength to stand up again. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, breathing in and exhaling slowly. Once I had done that for a while I wiped the tears from my eyes and unzipped my backpack. I reached in and pulled a bottle of vodka out. I held it in my hands for a moment, staring at it before deciding to open it. I took a few drinks of it before screwing the lid back on and set it down next to my bag. That's how I've dealt with it since. Drinking the pain away. I made my way over to a shed, which was surprisingly still standing and in tact after all that happened. I tried opening the door but it was stuck shut so I gave it a bit more force when trying to open it and it opened. The sunlight illuminated the shed so it wasn't exactly hard to see but it was really dusty. I looked around the shed before seeing what I needed - a shovel. I picked it up and walked back over to the tree. I pulled my compass out of my pocket and held it still for it to adjust. I turned towards the north east and put the compass back into my pocket. To the north east there was group of trees about two hundred metres away and I slowly made my way towards it, shovel in hand.

Once I eventually reached the trees I looked around and walked towards the middle of the group of trees. When I felt I found the right spot I began digging. I don't know how long I was digging for but it felt like forever. After digging and digging there was no avail. I muttered the word "Shit" under my breath after realising I was digging in the wrong spot. I climbed out the hole and began digging another one, this time however I found what I was looking for. I was digging when I suddenly heard the clunk of metal underneath the shovel and surely enough it was there. A small metal box covered in a cloth. I pulled it out from under the dirt and brought it out of the hole with me. I carefully placed it on the ground and removed the cloth from around it and gave a sigh of relief. I sat there for moment holding the small silver key I always wear around my neck in my hands before taking it off. I put it in the keyhole of the box and opened it slowly.

There it was. A box filled with the few precious things I have left.

A journal filled with our memories and a picture of her.

One Year Prior

It felt like it was never going to end. Once they had gotten bored of beating me they decided to have some time with a knife. By the time they where done there where cuts all over me... Blood everywhere. It lasted for hours. When they eventually got bored of me they moved onto Elena. The beating and the cutting where nothing in comparison to this, especially when they did it to her. I screamed at the top of my lungs "I told you to leave her out of this! You're here for me so have your fucking way with me, but leave her out of this!" and struggled to get free of the rope tying me but it didn't work instead I get hit in the head with the butt of a rifle. I tried to make them listen, I pleaded, even begged but they still didn't listen. I cried. I felt helpless. I can't believe I got her into this mess... It's all my fault. I should of told her to run whilst she had the chance. It is all my fucking fault, it always will be.

Nothing can ever change that.

//I don't play this character much or even at all any more but I like this character too much to put it away just yet. Possibly expect more soon.

• Emerald

amazing read again <3

I love this character of yours <3

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

• Emerald

Is this all connected too? Oh the possibilities.

I love it :)

After writing it, I realised all the potential possibilities for it and just sat there for a moment, smiling and giving a satisfied nod.

Many possibilities indeed... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Emerald

An Origin

Part Four

[mp3]http://puu.sh/aIMz5/c037fde702.mp3[/mp3]

I sat there on the ground right next to the box. The grass was a tad damp but I didn't care. I just stared longingly into that box. I sat there for a while just thinking to myself, making scenarios up in my head of what it would of been like if this all never happened. Mainly the time where we stupidly stole some supplies from some people once. Just some simple food and drinks. We where hungry and desperate with little to no options left. From what it looked like they didn't belong to anyone and nobody would of missed them even if they did belong to anyone but we where wrong. I was wrong. It is what keeps playing over and over in my head, the points in time where it could of went a whole lot differently and she would of lived on. I closed my eyes and sighed. Best not to think about it too much right now.

One year Prior

After they where done they untied us and left the barn, locking the door shut behind them. I moved over to where Elena was and sat next to her. She leant over and I held her close. She was sitting there crying in my arms and I felt helpless. I wiped away her tears and told her we would get out of this and that it would end soon, at least that's what I hoped would happen.

There was still one thing on my mind. All of this pointless torture. Over what? A few cans of beans and some water. It was the one thing I did not get until they mentioned something. I overheard some of them talking outside and one word stood out over everything else.

Greyson.

It might of been a massive coincidence, I don't know and I couldn't care at the moment. All I wanted was some sleep, even if it was for five minutes I wouldn't of minded but then I heard something outside. A car was approaching. It drove towards the barn and then came to a complete standstill. I heard the doors of the car being opened and then closed. A few moments later all I could hear where people arguing. Two people to be more precise. I couldn't make out what they where saying too well but it definitely was about us. Then the door burst open and two men came in.

They walked towards Elena, grabbed her and dragged her outside as she was screaming. I tried stopping them but one of them knocked me to the floor I got up and ran towards the door. There was someone else trying to stop them as well, he was the one making all the commotion outside. They had Elena on her knees and one of them had a gun pointed at her. The man trying to stop them was being restrained by two others whilst shouting "You told me you wouldn't hurt her! You fucking promised!" Someone walked towards him and stood in front of him. "Indeed Greyson, I did promise. HOWEVER, her and her little friend stole from us and that is not something I take lightly nor tolerate. Her being your sister does not make her exempt from this, you of all people should understand. Now then, I'm going to get these lovely gentlemen to let you go just as long as you don't do anything you may end up regretting. Understood?" The man nodded and they let go of him. I was still stood in the doorway. The man from before walked towards Elena and pulled his mask off, knelt next to her and began talking to her. I thought I was mistaken at first but I could see his face clearly from here and it was who I thought it was.

Mark Greyson... Brother of Elena Greyson.

Mark told me a long time ago that he got involved with some fucked up people. I never imagined he was this serious about it though and if what he told me is true, we are fucked.

Utterly and truly fucked.

• Emerald

sometimes i wanna go write. Like now.

GJ man... loved every bit of it.

Moar

Much appreciated. ^_^

Moar soon. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Emerald

An Origin

Part Five

[mp3]http://puu.sh/aVg0y/4fa99f310a.mp3[/mp3]

I sat there for hours reading the diary, only taking a break to chop up some wood to make a fire, cook myself some food and then pitch my tent. I crawled inside my tent and continued reading it long into the night. It was one of the few things I had left from when this all started, I began writing in it shortly after the outbreak of the infection started and continued to do so as it went on. I buried it here after she died along with the picture I used to keep inside of it of her. I couldn't bear to even look at it after that. I felt guilty. After she died I used to drink until the pain of the guilt went away. It was a dark time in my life.

I went to Chernarus after all of this happened and had been trying to survive there ever since. I don't know why I came back here though but I felt as if it was necessary. I don't even know why I felt it was necessary because all this has done is just bring back the pain I fought for off for so long. Though now that I think about it, I deserve this pain, all of it.

I should of kept her away from her brother. I should of kept her safer. I should of told them to kill me instead. I should of protected her when she needed it most. I shouldn't of taken all these stupid risks. These are some of the thoughts I've had since and I can't stop thinking about them.

It always seems so much easier to realise your mistakes in hindsight. All I thought about after it was things I could of done differently and it was all I thought about over and over and over again.

I tried going to sleep after reading for a while but sleep just would not come. I unzipped the tent and crawled back out. I picked my pistol up and stuck it in my holster, zipping my tent up behind me and began walking back towards the barn. It was still raining, only lightly though so it wasn't too much of a problem. I eventually reached the barn again, slowly looking around. Bad things happened that night, I killed so many people. So on top of the guilt from her death, there was the burden all all that too. I did things I thought I would never think of doing.

One year prior

The man that talked to Mark before walked up to them "Okay Greyson, that's long enough, now say your goodbyes" I stood there frozen. What the fuck does he mean by goodbyes? "Just kill me instead! It was my mistake that lead to this so let it be me that is killed for it!" "What you don't seem to understand is that the first contract was just a threat. This one is no threat. You are still of some use to us so you will not die just yet, however this is the price of your failiure". I couldn't believe what I was hearing, are they going to kill her? That's what it sounded like.

Everyone's attention was turned to them so I took an opportunity to sneak over to their car. One of them was stood next to it with their back faced to me. I didn't want to kill him but I had no choice. I took a deep breath, I covered his mouth with my hand, grabbed his knife from his belt, stabbed him in the neck a few times and slowly lowered him to the ground and then exhaled. Killing is never easy, especially when it is as brutal and violent as this. I peeked over the car to see what was happening, Mark was protesting the decision for her to be killed and things seemed as if they where going to get violent. Someone knocked him to the floor and held him at gunpoint. They told him to stay still and keep his mouth shut. He did. The man from before was now walking towards Elena and reached down to pull the gun from his holster. I began to panic. "So Greyson... For your royal fuck up, your sister now dies. Elena, that was your name, right? How does it feel knowing that your brother is the reason you are going to die, it hurts doesn't it?". He loaded a round into the chamber. I quietly opened the car door and was franticly looking around for a gun, I found a rifle but there was no magazine for it, so I began searching the man I killed. Elena looked up towards the man and said "Fuck you".

I had found a magazine on the dead man, put it into the gun and loaded a round into the chamber when suddenly all I hear is a single gunshot.

[mp3]http://puu.sh/aVl2A/ff423b88ec.mp3[/mp3]

I look up from the car and I see the man with his gun aimed at where she was kneeling, smoke coming out the barrel of the pistol and Elena limply lying on the ground with blood pouring out of her head and blood splattered on the grass behind her. I didn't know what or to do how to react, I couldn't move. I wanted to scream but I couldn't.

But then I suddenly snapped...

With tears in my eyes I raised the gun, aimed at them and pulled the trigger.

I felt a rage inside of me that I have never felt before.

• Sapphire

Fucking amazing! Such a good read each and every entry! I love it so much! You convey so much emotion into these, I'd love to meet some of these characters! :D

• Emerald

Fucking amazing! Such a good read each and every entry! I love it so much! You convey so much emotion into these, I'd love to meet some of these characters! :D

It makes me happy seeing people enjoy these, glad you enjoy them. :)