Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 08:20

Whats with this OOC hate to bandits, and the belief that its easy to be a bandit?

So, I will start with I am basing this purely off of watching the forums from the sidelines, as I haven't been active, or ever even interacted with anyone on the server, because I haven't had a chance to go on because of a family crisis, and after that was dealt with my video card died, and when I did get on straight after my whitelist, it was during the slow hours.

However I have noticed that a lot of people seem to hate bandits, OOC not IC, they may not be aware of it, but they seem to be very nitpicky, and look for any rule that bandits break, and Bandits have the most rules to follow, not all of them 100% clear, and some easy to break on accident. And a lot of the reports are plain stupid reports that never needed to go formal or even onto the forums, just contact the person over TS ask what the fuck just happened, accept it was a mistake and move on. Others are legit, but most aren't, and the worst part is that most of the time these players get punished, for some BS reasons.

Also people think that its easy to bandit. But I can only imagine and from experiences in other community's or games that it is not, you have to make sure that you don't break any of the rules that restrict you, the person getting robbed must be moved somewhere safe, so that you cant be GS'ed, no one likes you, the only free stuff you get is that which you steal, and you know that there is some wannabe hero group out there that want to kill you, the most of the RP you get is hostile, if you break a rule the people you just wronged get posterior ache and will make a report, and your confrontations are all up close and personal, and you are at risk from being shot by an invisible hero in a bush 1k away looking at you with binocs.

On the other hand as a hero you can just sit there at a PCB and granted you don't get robbed, you will leave having shared stories at a campfire, gotten free guns, made a friend and than you can go chase down some bandits and shoot them 1k away because they looked like they were robbing that guy through the binocs, everyone likes you, there are less rules to break, no one will look for any mistakes you make and report yo as..

Why on earth is this?

Also I will reply later, I got carried away reading on the changes to the Good Samaritan rule and looking for the words to this question and it ended up being 2:00am instead of my plan to get to sleep relatively early.

Edit: I am not a bandit, I was just curious on why the majority of the community that aren't bandits have a bias against them and underestimate the difficulty of it, and the rp put into it.

You are kinda right, but its not as hard as you write it down here. Don't let yourself down. Play as a bandit with a group and you will overcome the hero's. In a month or so you migth have a different opinion, maybe still the same, but I guess not as straight forward as your post.

regards,

a bandit;)

• Emerald

After 3 weeks of being bandity I have found it is indeed hard to be bandity.

I have people thinking im robbing them when I merely am saying hello. Crazy days.

• Emerald

It will always be this way. Even if you give them an amazing RP experience, there will always be a stigma placed on bandit groups and individuals.

I agree that there are some experiences that are random, and uncalled for. But, a good bandit will make you want to be robbed more often.

• Sapphire

I just know how to bandit well. I know how to RP with them. Banditing is in my blood now. I love to RP. I don't always rob. In fact, I am a 25% chance if you find me, I will rob you. I am not the robbing type. but It's fun too when you are low on supplies and need food and water. Being a bandit is fun. I always try and hero, but it's hard because people drive my characters to banditing

I have a question to some bandits around here, no one in particular.

What is your main motive for robbing someone, gear, firefights or RP?

I always saw bandits in a bad way, no one i know would log in and say: "Oh boy! Can't wait to meet ____ and get robbed by them!" Some do it well, some don't it really depends.

This has barely effected OOC state with people. There are groups imo which overdo it to the point that all they do is rob and kill people and do nothing else and involve very little RP in the process" Also i never robbed/initiated on a person in my time in DayzRP, or was a bandit in normal dayz, just doesn't fit me well.

• Emerald

I have a question to some bandits around here, no one in particular.

What is your main motive for robbing someone, gear, firefights or RP?

I always saw bandits in a bad way, no one i know would log in and say: "Oh boy! Can't wait to meet ____ and get robbed by them!" Some do it well, some don't it really depends.

This has barely effected OOC state with people. There are groups imo which overdo it to the point that all they do is rob and kill people and do nothing else and involve very little RP in the process"

My CLF days..it was for anything and everything. Race, nationality, gear, food, vehicles, firefights, etc. Did not matter. But, we always always RPED with people unless we absolutely could not.

• Emerald

I do my best to ensure I never take part in a "drop weps 10 secs run North" robbery. I make sure to enforce that in BHM, so we always rob with a purpose and with RP.

However, no matter how much RP you give them there will always be few who hate you anyways. I remember one robbery where we RP'd with them for about 30 minutes but they were really unresponsive and refusing to RP back to us. Made things very difficult to the point where sending them off without RP would be the easier option.

When the victim doesn't want to RP and just sits through the entire thing hating it regardless of how much fun you try and give them, it sucks. So I've just started to keep to myself. I will rob, RP and then leave. I will make sure it's fun and well RP'd, but if they don't like it they can deal with it. I did my part, they can do theirs.

• Legend

I like to play morally ambiguous characters. Some of them are almost entirely good guys, but two of them just want you under their thumb, or out of their way; no matter how.

I don't do the rob and pillage regardless of need thing. I'll only rob if you have something I need. Sometimes I'll offer to trade. Sometimes if you refuse to trade, I'll 'force' an agreement somehow. More often than not, I'll appear friendly in order to get to know you and what you have, and how best to exploit you. But honestly, the best feeling in the world is finding someone who you have in-character, in-game beef with, and asserting your authority over them.

Guest John Le Bear

Being a bandit IC and in game is easy, no question about it.

Being known as a bandit on the forums is the hard part, so much OOC hate, you learn to live off it. Strive from peoples hatred, rage and tears.

• Emerald

OOC hate is a fact of DayZRP. You could be best friends with some guy, but if you end up in different groups who like to kill each other a lot, there's a good chance you'll end up hating each other within a month or two.

I've seen this happen so many times.

Guest BobbySands

OOC hate is a fact of DayZRP. You could be best friends with some guy, but if you end up in different groups who like to kill each other a lot, there's a good chance you'll end up hating each other within a month or two.

I've seen this happen so many times.

Seems a bit immature to me.

• Legend

It's such a shame, too. Chances are the guys you supposedly 'hate' are great guys who you have more in common with than you're willing to admit.

I remember when SDS did the 'Play with SDS for a day' thing. So much goodwill. More clans ought to have a temporary clan member 'exchange' program.

Being a bandit IC and in game is easy, no question about it.

Being known as a bandit on the forums is the hard part, so much OOC hate, you learn to live off it. Strive from peoples hatred, rage and tears.

John you are some kind of hate-leech :D

This is the reason I don't have many OOC friends that say "Oh King is online, maybe I should poke him." CSR does a bunch of hostility, though we put RP before gear, hell, the other day we disarmed 4 civs, left all gear. I find the RP in banditry more interesting, though I don't get points with the community for it.

Guest Likurja

I rob people but not because of their gear. I rob them to give them good RP.

Your character is from american joined the Americans againts the Chedaki, belives in democracy, approves capitalism, dislikes communism? Then my friend you are in big trouble and im gonna carve you and then maybe sell you as a slave meanwhile "teaching" you about communism.

There are so many reasons to rob somebody and im that type of bandit who will not rob you because you have a good weapon. :)

I rob people but not because of their gear. I rob them to give them good RP.

Your character is from american joined the Americans againts the Chedaki, belives in democracy, approves capitalism, dislikes communism? Then my friend you are in big trouble and im gonna carve you and then maybe sell you as a slave meanwhile "teaching" you about communism.

There are so many reasons to rob somebody and im that type of bandit who will not rob you because you have a good weapon. :)

Well said, that seems to be the general CSR way, RP before gear.

• Emerald

I think I've read something like this at least twice before...it doesn't really seem that hard to be a bandit if there are so many bandit groups instead of true hero groups. The hero groups would have to follow exact same rules as the bandits do when holding someone up. I don't think there is anymore hate towards bandits than there is between rival groups considering finding a chance to report them.

It's not who you are but what you do that defines you. If you are a bandit, a known bandit of course people will treat you like a bandit. Did you expect to be welcomed with open arms, little children throwing rose petals on your feet, and maidens singing happy songs and give free gifts to you when you arrive to some place where people know that you rob people and even kill them? If the RP you get is hostile then it's not OOC hate, it's IC. You choose what kind of character you play as and people will treat you based on the actions committed by the character you play as. It's not OOC hate, it's clearly IC if it involves RP and their character knows about said bandit group or the individual in question. If you have a Mongolian Hat Space Fishermen logo on your characters sleeve and people know that MHSF commits robberies and you arrive at Prud why would they have to be all nice to you? You can still RP with them and get good RP out of it. Just like everyone else does. Or otherwise I would face OOC hate too from certain people IC, but never has that happened. Because I think people are wise enough not to mix OOC with IC. Reporting someone is completely OOC. Nobody gets reported because they are a bandit or hero or neutral. They get reported because they did something that was against the rules or seems like it was against the rules.

If you rob with "drop you car, get out of your backpacks no weps 10 secs run North" you are hated OOC because you do bad RP, not because you are a bandit, and if someone complains to you about your bad RP robberies and you answer "We can't provide good RP to everyone because were tired, lazy, ran for miles, fixed a car and just wanted to log out etc." you are still going to be hated OOC because your bad RP and your lame over used excuses, not because you are a bandit.

So in conclusion if you are going to be hated OOC and you are a bandit it's mostly about your way of doing the banditry not simply because you are a bandit. And known bandits don't receive free gifts from people who know that they are known bandits.