Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 11:33

Adding in scary features?

Hey just wanted to post my idea about if it would be cool if there were like scary looking things that you could spot in the forest at night???

Think about it, it would add a whole new part to the story of DayRP, players would talk about it and spread rumors of sightings or attacks, you could go out and hunt the beast,and might even be a threat to animals, zombies or even players?

I don't know this is just an idea that i thought of, i don't even know if it is possible to add something like that to the game.

But please share your ideas on this topic, i would love to know what everyone else thinks?

Thanks!

• Emerald

Should be in suggestions. Just saying.

Hopefully there will be some scary things coming soon.

• Emerald

Is that bigfoot?..

• MVP

Scary things? Yes.

A yeti? No.

I would be more keen to see some subtler additions to the environment and changes to the gameplay to actually give off a creepier, scarier vibe.

More ambient sounds while running (e.g. louder twig snaps, owls, a faint scream, etc.).

Little creepy mini-stories that can be seen around towns and in the countryside: Writing in blood, bloody footprints, a torso holding on to a door or a car boot, a lone boot surrounded by a red stain, etc.

Subtler simple things that promote that atmosphere.

The music is pretty scary, maybe force it on? Everyone probably has their music volume at zero, because its creepy. But it really adds to the creepyness of the whole game and makes it feel more like youre playing in a horror movie

Scary things? Yes.

A yeti? No.

I would be more keen to see some subtler additions to the environment and changes to the gameplay to actually give off a creepier, scarier vibe.

More ambient sounds while running (e.g. louder twig snaps, owls, a faint scream, etc.).

Little creepy mini-stories that can be seen around towns and in the countryside: Writing in blood, bloody footprints, a torso holding on to a door or a car boot, a lone boot surrounded by a red stain, etc.

Yeah that sounds great, i like the ideas of the little easter egg type things. And i just put that Bigfoot thing up just for something to look at.

• Emerald

The music is pretty scary, maybe force it on? Everyone probably has their music volume at zero, because its creepy. But it really adds to the creepyness of the whole game and makes it feel more like youre playing in a horror movie

It's really annoying to have it one when your try tp RP with people and all you hear is that damn music, even thou it's very fitting.

Yeah i actually put mine back up, because it brought back memories of when i first started playing, hehe.

• MVP

Moved to suggestions

• MVP

Scary things? Yes.

A yeti? No.

Yeah that sounds great, i like the ideas of the little easter egg type things. And i just put that Bigfoot thing up just for something to look at.

Back in the day I suggested to several people and in a number of threads that it may be worth adding in a number of scroll wheel text options. Those could be applied here too in a number of situations.

E.g. Pile of corpses on the ground. Piece of paper has a scroll wheel option.

"Inspect"

"Daddy,

We are being rounded up. I do not know why. They say it is because we all have red marks on our backs. It is itchy but I don't know what is wrong. Mommy says it will be fine and that it is just a rash...

*The rest cannot be read, it looks rushed and stained*

"

Simple subtle things like this that need to be found and inspected would add a whole new element to the storytelling in this mod. Easy to code in as well. All it is is a simple option and an on-screen text result.

Or perhaps even a pop-up 'journal' or piece of paper comparable to the Elder Scrolls games or the crafting menu.

• Emerald

Come onto SA. Go to the woods near the NEAF at night. I'll creep ya out :D.

Otherwise no, not yeti's and stuff. More ambiance sounds, why not ? More random things like those hanging zombies in the woods, that too. But not a yeti.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but... JOURNALS. it would be awesome if you found a piece of paper and could leave a message for someone else to find. Maybe a message from a person who had a last stand there? maybe a person, who's starving to death and writing his last thoughts? maybe a warning? ...a threat?

would be way cool!

|| ah i think some lad above me had the idea.

• MVP

Don't know if it was mentioned, but... JOURNALS. it would be awesome if you found a piece of paper and could leave a message for someone else to find. Maybe a message from a person who had a last stand there? maybe a person, who's starving to death and writing his last thoughts? maybe a warning? ...a threat?

would be way cool!

Not the same idea,but something similar. You can't leave journals in the game currently. #Blame ARMA2

would be way cool!

Not the same idea,but something similar. You can't leave journals in the game currently. #Blame ARMA2

Sorry :D what I meant was like pieces of journals, for eg.:

*A bloody smudged piece of papper*

october 12, 2013

Theres nothing left... i might have to leave, go outside.. but they listen.. they are always there.. they can smell me..

I can hear them in the basement too..

im so scared.

or something like that

• MVP

*cough bloodsuckers cough*

-1 I do not like to see these 'Scary things' in the game as it does not make much sense to see things like these mythical creatures running around.

Radiation from Russia? Some sort of nuclear fallout? Zombies evolving?

There are many different RP reasons for something like this.

Maybe not a sasquatch though :D