Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 11:48

First Person Test Server

Guest magw33d

Guest magw33d

Please note: this thread is not to discuss the differences between first/third person. That discussion has come and gone, so please read the thread before making a response.

In the latest discussion, there were strong arguments for both first and third person servers in Standalone, and the opinions of the community are undoubtedly split. There was strong support for an optional hardcore server to be set up.

There have been arguments about the implementation of first person since the birth of DayZRP, but the idea has never been given the chance to flourish in a controlled environment. I don't think the popularity of a first person server can be properly gauged without testing it first. I for one know that Teikoku Doragonzu will play exclusively on this server if it were implemented.

The hardcore standalone server, although not moderated, has been highly active recently- but it is in no state for proper roleplay. The idea needs to be tested under supervision, with enforceable rules.

Standalone is also in no fit state for roleplay. It is buggy, riddled with desync and missing uncountable necessary features. Standalone could be unmoderated for an unknown length of time. There is still no ETA on proper private server tools,custom loot, and map editing. We could still be waiting for it to be appropriately managed at the end of the year, as development has been prolonged with features materialising exceptionally slow.

What I am asking for is that the choice is made a reality now, and that a first person roleplaying server can be tested to see if it is viable for the community.

The chance was given to Epoch, which was a huge departure from the standard DayZRP experience, so I would like that same chance to be given to first person mode. It isn't difficult to implement and requires no other moderation other than changing the setting to a forced first person mode.

If it is deemed unpopular, it can be shut down swiftly. Maybe two weeks would be enough to measure its feasibility.

Please post your opinions of this below.

• Sapphire

I usually play on 1st person only servers on Standalone, and in my opinion a 1st person DayZRP server would be awesome. It feels much more realistic when role-playing, and you can forget those dirty 3rd person pvp-ers. +1

• El Presidente

We have barely enough players to fill one server, S2 is empty most of the time, adding another server would only spread people out and nobody wants to play on an empty server, regardless of the camera setting.

Unless we change the setting on S2, but with introduction of the TP there, I can already see the complaint threads.

We have barely enough players to fill one server, S2 is empty most of the time, adding another server would only spread people out and nobody wants to play on an empty server, regardless of the camera setting.

Personally I feel that DayZRP needs a spice up at the moment. No offence but I doubt you have been engaged in many fire-fights of late but every single one is just a third person stalemate. There's no wonder that people walk into areas of 'active' combat because everyone in the fire-fight is hidden, magically looking over a wall or tree and just waiting to see which side gets bored first.

Almost every engagement we've had of late as the Doragonzu results in some sort of third person stalemate, especially at Kotei Shima. There are countless examples of us getting bored of this and just banzai-ing into gunfire. It honestly got so boring at one time that some of our members tabbed out and waited for someone to say 'they're crossing the bridge'.

People could say 'Oh well you have the choice to play in first person'. If you do that in a fire fight you may as well just ask for a character reset to save the enemy the trouble of wasting their ammunition.

There are so many things that could be done to improve these servers and a first person server to me is at the top of that list.

Guest magw33d

Unless we change the setting on S2, but with introduction of the TP there, I can already see the complaint threads.

Well, there's some new information :)

I was mostly supporting the idea of a third server, but if TP is going to be implemented on S2, then S1 will most likely dip in player numbers.

The introduction of a GM moderated settlement may bring players back to the server; it may even deter them. If TP is made a reality, then this idea would have to take a backseat to see how the population spreads out.

Regardless, if a test server were to be put up, it wouldn't have to be a 70 slot- but I can see where you are coming from. Your hardware architecture has to be able to support this, and there needs to be a playerbase to make up the numbers.

Perhaps if S1 is going to take a dip in players, this could be hosted on that server, much in the same was as when Epoch was around one of the servers held two separate game servers.

If anything we only need one server at the moment anyway.

S1 maxxes out very quickly on peak times. At peak, S2 gets around 30 players at best. There is a necessity for S2 as a lot of players would not get the chance to play at peak times if it wasn't there.

Almost every engagement we've had of late as the Doragonzu results in some sort of third person stalemate, especially at Kotei Shima. There are countless examples of us getting bored of this and just banzai-ing into gunfire. It honestly got so boring at one time that some of our members tabbed out and waited for someone to say 'they're crossing the bridge'.

Lets not forget when SVR attacked it and Shakya walked his dog during the firefight.

Guest Shākya

I definitely think that with the added popularity of TP, now would be the best chance to test out First Person on a 3rd server perhaps alongside ACRE.

Guest ArcticStarling

Can we get this please ? S1 us unpopulated with TP on S2, this paired with the Player Settlements should be better for RP and PvP .

• MVP

Can we get this please ? S1 us unpopulated with TP on S2, this paired with the Player Settlements should be better for RP and PvP .

First person wont help S1 become more populated.

Why don't CTC try to manage player numbers and start a queue to enter the TP. That will move some people over on to S1.

FYI

qBFDmrr.jpg?1

ACRE looks like it is being tested.

Guest Shākya

qBFDmrr.jpg?1

Looks promising SumoS, hopefully everything works out - a hardcore 3rd server would be amazing.

Also, since the picture above is hard to see:

8Ah9w.jpg Hype?

• Emerald

If ACRE is added, the TS channel is going to need SERIOUS administration making sure people are using it properly and not talking to every single person on the server.

• El Presidente

Can't get it to work, any ACE/ACRE gurus here? :D

• Emerald

If we are entertaining the idea of ACRE. I would also entertain the idea for a forced 1st person along with it, and support it for greater immersion.

But only with ACRE.

As you gentlemen stated previously, optional third-person viewing leads to stalemates during firefights and often lessens the quality of RP when somebody can just "magically look over a wall" without some sort of mirror or technology. A forced first-person server accompanied by ACRE would spice up the overall interaction amongst survivors. Those disapproving of such an idea (in my opinion) are bandits always looking for an advantage against everyone else...

• Legend

qBFDmrr.jpg?1

Looks promising SumoS, hopefully everything works out - a hardcore 3rd server would be amazing.

Also, since the picture above is hard to see:

8Ah9w.jpg Hype?

#Nerdgasm

• Sapphire

i like 3rd person though. i like seeing myself

• Emerald

Right basically ACRE works on the server...but only when its on standard Arma...not DayZ. Any suggestions? Cos I have no clue

i like 3rd person though. i like seeing myself

Please note: this thread is not to discuss the differences between first/third person. That discussion has come and gone, so please read the thread before making a response.

It's the first line of the thread, please at least read the first line before commenting next time.

Also this is a thread about the addition of a hardcore server, not a replacement for any of the other two.