Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 11:10
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Community Helper

How do you become a community helper, Just curious

You have to meet the following requirements found here and send in an application. You will then be contacted by Rolle on rather or not you got accepted :D

Help people.

If only :troll:

Guest John Le Bear

If you are unable to figure out how to become one at this stage, I wish you luck if you ever make it as far as becoming one :P

Well, the admins "target" the people with the most potential in the community (and those with the interest of becoming a CH).

So yeah, send in an application and distinguish yourself from the rest (be helpful and don't get in "bad situations"). Then, you might someday get contacted by the admins

Good luck :)

Well, the admins "target" the people with the most potential in the community (and those with the interest of becoming a CH).

So yeah, send in an application and distinguish yourself from the rest (be helpful and don't get in "bad situations"). Then, you might someday get contacted by the admins

Good luck :)

I wasn't going to send in an application. Not now anyways, I just wondered because I never saw that thread as too how to become one

Yes and don't imply that other staff person might have meta gamed....

I don't understand what your referring too...

Sending a application in is the first step but to tell the truth, here it is how you act and present yourself in the community that makes you stand out.

For example... Pandi got his staff post for spamming every single question thread for month's ;).. Muntz got it for his help in clan idea threads and correcting members on stuff and other atributes. As other's have said, try and stand out, be respectful and polite and see where it takes you. Also letting member's of staff get to know you personally does help, Rolle and the admins won't recruit or hire you if they only go by satistics.. They will need to know if they can work with the person and he is not afraid to voice his/her opinion of course in a respectful manner.

Sending a application in is the first step but to tell the truth, here it is how you act and present yourself in the community that makes you stand out.

For example... Pandi got his staff post for spamming every single question thread for month's ;).. Muntz got it for his help in clan idea threads and correcting members on stuff and other atributes. As other's have said, try and stand out, be respectful and polite and see where it takes you. Also letting member's of staff get to know you personally does help, Rolle and the admins won't recruit or hire you if they only go by satastics.. They will need to know if they can work with the person and he is not afraid to voice his/her opinion of course in a respectful manner.

heknows.jpg

For example... Pandi got his staff post for spamming every single question thread for month's ;).. Muntz got it for his help in clan idea threads and correcting members on stuff and other atributes. As other's have said, try and stand out, be respectful and polite and see where it takes you. Also letting member's of staff get to know you personally does help, Rolle and the admins won't recruit or hire you if they only go by satastics.. They will need to know if they can work with the person and he is not afraid to voice his/her opinion of course in a respectful manner.

heknows.jpg

I think Stagsview should be a CH just for figuring that out.

heknows.jpg

I'll second that.

Guest Pandi

heknows.jpg

I'll second that.

I'll third that.

Pretty sure everybody knows that :P except Dave here but still. It wasn't a secret, or was it?! Maybe I'm a spy!

For example... Pandi got his staff post for spamming every single question thread for month's ;).. Muntz got it for his help in clan idea threads and correcting members on stuff and other atributes. As other's have said, try and stand out, be respectful and polite and see where it takes you. Also letting member's of staff get to know you personally does help, Rolle and the admins won't recruit or hire you if they only go by satistics.. They will need to know if they can work with the person and he is not afraid to voice his/her opinion of course in a respectful manner.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said sir

Guest King

I don't know how due to the fact that I am not yet staff, but some pointers I follow are:

-Stay active

-Give opinion on many subjects

-Help people

-Know the rules

-Offer help to any and all

These are just some pointers.

Just remember if you submit an application it won't ever be denied, only simply ignored for the time until admins think they need more staff.

People stop commenting, its solved for a reason. Thank you :)

Guest Biiddy

Just because its solved does s not mean it cannot still be discussed :)

Just because its solved does s not mean it cannot still be discussed :)

True, fair enough

What needs to be discussed on something as simple as this? :D

I personally don't agree that helping people should make someone a CH. The best would be those that lambaste them and berate them until they give up and face the inevitability...

There is that. Potential staff members need to feed on the community's hate in the same way good bandits do. But otherwise, yeah, what Stagsview said. No question. I've always said that you get the job by doing the work. A little luck never hurts either.

#Stagsview4CH2014

[Edit] - While it helps if existing staff get to know you, it's not a bunch of like-minded yes-men either. We strive to find people with various different points of view and backgrounds. Makes for more interesting debate. You do, however, need to be able to work with people. No rockstars or divas in staff, despite the fronts we might show to the world at large.

There is that. Potential staff members need to feed on the community's hate in the same way good bandits do. But otherwise, yeah, what Stagsview said. No question. I've always said that you get the job by doing the work. A little luck never hurts either.

#Stagsview4CH2014

Or...

You feed on the adoration like I do :D

(then cry as it crashes down eventually but pfft, who cares about that part)