Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:34

[501st] The 501st - Legacy - Recruiting!

Novac

• Sapphire

agFUvRf.png

"Forgive, Forget, Rebuild"

cPWJCDf.png

Group XML: Link

Group Panel: Link

Group Tag: [501st]

Leader: Hicks

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140915084/Birdy%20-%20People%20Help%20The%20People.mp3[/mp3]

"People help the people - Birdy"

X1kyOwT.png

Look at THIS to read up on the full back story.

History

They started as members of the 501st regiment of the Canadian airborne armed forces. They came to Chernarus on a mission to find and retrieve a Canadian scientist somewhere in the northern mountains of South Zagoria but where shot down whilst flying over the coast of Chernarus. They crashed into an old 15th century castle and made a home there until its eventual demise.

Whilst taking residence in Chernarus the 501st strayed away from their military roots, first they formed a mercenary group and offered their services and protection to the local population for money. Eventually they realized the lack of value money had in these times and disbanded the mercenary idea, they looked around and saw people that needed help, so they offered help, free of charge. At the time local milita groups where taking advantage of the chaos and the fear the apocalypse had caused and where using it to beat the civilians into submission, stealing from them and killing any who opposed.

By helping the civilians of Chernarus the 501st stood in the way of these groups, but they would not turn away from the helpless, nor would they back down. And so, a war started, Altar castle was attacked constantly, many lives where claimed and the 501st where loosing to their countless enemies.

It came to a point where they could fight no more and in one last desperate attack, the castle was partly destroyed, crumbling to the ground around them. Most of the 501st where either killed in the endless firefights or survived and went into hiding until now.

The Funeral

Novac places the final rock on the third grave, its been four hours since he started and three shallow, rock covered graves later he takes a step back and sighs at his work. A poorly crafted, handmade, wooden cross sticks out of each grave, the names "Kanen", "Thomas" and "Alex" are marked on each.

Novac glances around his surroundings, the crumbling walls on each side of him are overshadowed by the tower that still stands tall above them. Lucas hicks stands behind him, his clothes are ragged and his hands are burnt, A single tear rolls down the right side of his emotionless face. Pat Spillane stands at the archway watching from a distance, Novac turns and walks to Pat, he stares into his eyes with a look of pain. Pat holds his stare for a few seconds before dropping his gaze to the floor, saying nothing, Novac brushes past him and enters whats left of the old command tent.

Flicking through old files and books he finds a small leather bound journal, he takes it out and flicks through the pages until he finds a page with a list of names, with a red marker he crosses out the names "Alex Carter" "Kanen Crisis" and "Thomas Cole", he turns the page to find another name, he puts a strike through the words, "Pat Spillane" before replacing the journal where it rested.

Novac walks out the tent and picks up a small backpack that was slumped on the ground, tossing it to Pat, he mutters "don't come back" and then turns to face Lucas. "We forgive, we forget, we rebuild." he whispers to Lucas, staring coldly into the distance.

Former Glory

They set up camp in the western woods, overlooking the castle ruins. Time passed slowly, people came and went, some friends others foe, after several attempts the local bandits realized the emotionless men camped in the forest had nothing worth taking. Survivors came and went, some stayed and joined the camp for protection, food or just someone else to talk to, whatever the reason they where welcome to stay.

One cold morning two men came across the camp, "mind if we sit?" one asked politely but he got no reply. "It's been a long night" he said, Novac looked up towards the man, "Free world isn't it?" he asked sarcastically. The group sat round the fire in an awkward silence as minutes turned into an hour. One of the survivors had been staring at Hicks for several minutes, "You got a problem?" Lucas said, "That patch, on your arm?" the the man asked timidly, "your 501st, right?". A charred badge was sown to the sleeve of Lucas' jacket. "So?" Lucas grunted, "Well aren't you meant to be helping people, that's what you guys do right... you help the helpless?" the man said eagerly. Novac turned to answer his question, "We did, once upon a time. Now.." he paused, "we don't do that anymore." "it doesn't seem like anyone does anymore" the Survivor said with a hint of anger in his voice, "your just too scared to help, your just too selfish, your just..."

The man had stopped, mid sentence as Novac climbed to his feet, they where both looking at the same thing. A large group of screaming corpses sprinted over the horizon, like a swarm of angry wasps. "Shit" the man said bluntly. "Scared, you say? sounds like a challenge to me, you up for one more run around the block Lucas?" Novac asked, with a smirk on his face. Lucas pulled out a magazine from his bag and slid it into the M9 he was holding. "I guess I got one more in me" he chuckled, standing up and walking towards the oncoming horde, both men broke into a sprint weapons raised. The anger that had filled them for so long felt like it had been replaced with a purpose, a purpose to help others once again.

Rebuilding

Following the aftermath of Altar and the death of their brothers and leaders, the surviving members of the 501st have decided to build something new, a place for the people that are alone in the world to come to. Their beloved Commander, Alex Carter did not die in vain, they will carry on his ideas even without him, this is his legacy.

We know the pain of what its like to be abandoned and alone wandering the wastes and that is why this is not just a place for the old members of the 501st but for anyone that needs a home. As long as you can provide a skill of some kind, hunting, teaching, medical aid, anything. Then we can provide a home for you.

"It's not about the cards you're dealt, but how you play the hand." - Randy Pausch

cJXOcYc.png

Commander

h7ofX96.png

Captain

jnCvVdk.png

Lieutenant

ePXlGuH.png

Warrant Officer

3QkD2b1.png

Staff Sergeant

R0b4wCp.png

Sergeant

qJFaRxF.png

Master Corporal

jZfkCFU.png

Corporal

ahqceeJ.png

Private

PxywmBi.png

bfS4VBX.png

[align=left]

• Forgive, Forget, Rebuild, The motto of legacy represents our mission, to rebuild a home for the surviving members of the 501st and anyone else that's found themselves without a home or a family in this hate filled world.
  • Once we have rebuilt to a sufficient size we may be able to help others that aren't alone but may still need help.
  • With the growing number of emerging hostile groups posing a threat to civilian life, the 501st will now train all members in military combat to protect civilian life.

K4ORvhj.png

jBfQ9pt.png

British Special Forces 2 with a green beret, Any non Supporter can use Mercenary 2 or Mercenary 5 with a green beret.

PxAZlP9.png

Allies

The Gray Fangs [FANGS]

Friendly

The Chernarus Trading Coalition [CTC]

Free Medics [FM]

Free Medic Defense Squad [FMDS]

The Hosts [Hosts]

Neutral

Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki [sVR]

Chernarus Liberation Front [CLF]

All not listed

Unfriendly

Somalian Death Squad [sDS]

Block 17 [b-17]

Hostile

The Council

9oVRt2c.png

[align=left]Requirements

• At least a month of DayZRP experience
  • Aged 18+ (Preferred)
  • A working microphone and Teamspeak 3 installed
  • Be able to purchase one of the uniforms

Applications

To apply please send fill out the application form below and send it to Novac

Player ID:
Location, Globally:
English skills:
Are you able to buy one of the clan skins from the donation exchange?:

In game name:
Character nationality:
Brief character background:
Previous Groups:
Brief description of your characters RP:
Why would you like to join the 501st?:

//Reserved

Will comment later

• Sapphire

What have Tam and I started? Good luck anyway!

• Sapphire

//Reserved

Will comment later

nub lol you steal everyone's first comments xD

• Sapphire

Again?

Good luck, Novac! :D

• Sapphire

Again?

Good luck, Novac! :D

its super different!!!

• Diamond

Oh dear.

Good luck I guess.

• Sapphire

Tobias Hawk Smith is seen in the horde of zombies...he looks...alive.

//

tumblr_mfzm9kEILp1r1ey4oo1_500.gif

Good luck ;)

• Emerald

So many remnants......

Good luck Nova

• Sapphire

Looks nice, Good luck.

Guest whitepointer

As a strong believer that remaking clans dims the reputation of the first shot, I am fairly hesitant on the whole idea of a return.

However, without people like me, there wouldn't be anyone to prove wrong? Am I right, or am I right.

Best of luck, hope you can prove me wrong.

• Sapphire

*Raises eyebrow*

• Emerald

The 501st died with Voodoos death, i think it should stay that way in my opinion.

• Sapphire

The 501st died with Voodoos death, i think it should stay that way in my opinion.

Voodoo bought 501st back about 6 times lol it never dies

• Legend

Sorry novac... A clan goes for a reason..

My personal opinion it should of never came back after epoch

• Emerald

[video=youtube]

I'll leave this here.

• Sapphire

... your in the watchers2.0...

• Legend

We are Far from what the Watcher's are and where. Different character's, some maintain their own *Like myself*

Different RP style, Different Combat and com system We do not aim to Copy what we did in TWS (besides the lvl of RP we gave).

People who Met us and have played with us know we do not aim to be like TWS besides in the same lvl of RP. The fallen is far different to what TWS was.

• Emerald

The Watchers disbanded with the intent of starting a new version in the near future. The Fallen aren't just deciding to bring back an old clan.