Server time (UTC): 2021-01-17, 22:26
Sign in to follow this  
RatRider

Clan thread colors

Yes or no?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[align=left]

[align=right]

When making a group/clan/organization thread it looks a lot better when the post has a colored background, for example a purple background from a GM and so on.

My suggestion is add the ability to choose color for the initial post(ONLY THE INITIAL POST) when making a clan thread. Now you might think that people will be misguided by this and will believe it is a staff members post for example. To prevent this you can make it so that instead of the initial post shows the posters signature there is a text that says something like.

"This is not a staff post"

What do you think about this suggestion? Yay or nay?

It just seems a tad pointless and people could get confused even with the text at the bottom.

-1 from me.

It just seems a tad pointless and people could get confused even with the text at the bottom.

-1 from me.

Its about customizing your clan thread even more, all ex group leaders and current ones can relate to wanting a more customizable group thread.

You want to make the group thread your crown jewel, you want it to stand out and get noticed.

The second part of your post I can understand.

Having the clan logo faded out behind your post!

Guest Icy

Meh

Adding a color in the background isn't "extra customization" to the clanthread, as the leader can easily use photoshop or something and make a long picture with all the info and designs he wants, add colours, pictures etc

Guest Pandi

It's a nice thought but I just think it's a little pointless.

As mentioned above, it's not really customization, normally if you want a group thread to look nice all you got to do is create nice headers and put a lot of time into it.

I think having a colour for your background should stay only staff and super contributors only, even if it was for just the initial post.

Guest King

Dont see any real use in this

You should make this into a poll.

Done

Its only a small addition to make the clan thread more appealing.

Guest King

Done

Not really, if everyone does it it would be pretty normal.

Done

I wrote appealing not special. But I get your point.

I like this idea, a clan thread should be appealing in order to make interest and recruit new members.

Guest John Le Bear

I like this idea, a clan thread should be appealing in order to make interest and recruit new members.

Is that not up to the creator of the thread to do? There are plenty of ways to make the clan thread more appealing already. Just use photoshop/gimp to create something if you desire a more appealing thread.

I see no need for it personally, it wont even make the thread more attractive really, just change the background colour.

My point exactly.

Is that not up to the creator of the thread to do? There are plenty of ways to make the clan thread more appealing already. Just use photoshop/gimp to create something if you desire a more appealing thread.

I see no need for it personally, it wont even make the thread more attractive really, just change the background colour.

[align=left]A bad clan thread is not going to look amazing by simply changing the background color, this is not some quick fix when someone has made a bad clan thread. The creator actually has to put in hard work. The color switch could help the creator make better immersion (I will point out how later down this post).

CLF clan thread would have fit great with a green background, its thread already looked amazing, changing the background color would only be a small addition to its beauty. CLF thread would not fit with a blue background for example, this addition could fix such a problem.

Background color doesn't make admin/staff post any more appealing or important than they are nor does it make super hyper contributor posts any more appealing. And if you can't use photoshop/gimp/paint or something like that simply changing the post background color wont make your clan appealing.

Background color doesn't make admin/staff post any more appealing or important than they are nor does it make super hyper contributor posts any more appealing. And if you can't use photoshop/gimp/paint or something like that simply changing the post background color wont make your clan appealing.

Read my post above.

Done

I wrote appealing not special. But I get your point.

The thing with your addition is that anyone can use it. It doesn't take any skill at all. Things that don't take any skill and that anyone can do usually aren't appealing. At all.

Of course it seems appealing now, but that's only because it's still different. You imagine it in your head and it's new, cool, exciting. It won't be like that when everyone uses it. Then you'll think it's normal, just like you now think a grey background is normal.

I dislike this idea, I only became a GM so I could have a purple clan thread

:troll:

I dislike this idea, I only became a GM so I could have a purple clan thread

:troll:

We all ready knew that to be truth.

Guest neom

I think it is just a waste of time most people use photoshop and build there own the background is just there no one cares about it, it's a nice touch but -1

Seems a tad pointless and might do more harm than good with it worth. Its a cool idea... just a little redundant so no for me

Eh I kinda like the idea, But it is a bit pointless