Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 09:05
Sign in to follow this  
RedrickJim

Politics on the server message board

Should there be a server politics board?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe there should be a political message board established for the sake of various clan's and peoples to voice their current issues, the establishing of conflicts, alliances, and the general political nature that the server holds among it's players. It could serve itself as an "instant updater" for what's going on in the server from a political nature. It would be IC and voiced as radio chatter.

The organization and clan's board should still exist as a way to advertise recruitment and the respected messages of each clan/group.

It could be used as an IC board with ooc messages being known through the prefix "//" before typing.

I apologize if something like this has already been done, maybe I'm just blind.

This could be a valuable tool for promoting role play on the server. I'd love to see more complex relationships between clans.

On the other hand, it could completely fall on its face and turn into a tool for subtle and overt flames.

Still, I voted yes. Probably worth a try.

NDX5GC8.jpg

I like dis :D

I'd love this implemented.

Guest Astycc

Definitely worth a try at getting this to work. The idea of promoting a more political side of RP would be nice, if it was implemented the RP potential is huge and would add a lot to the clan relation side of organisations.

Good luck with the implementation of this.

Lets try it!

If its implemented right and not used as a tool for flaming, I could get behind it.

Guest Shākya

As the Dragōns we always try and promote political roleplay - especially in game, I definitely think this could be a cool addition to the forums! :P

You mean like a page with recent diplomatic changes and ability to assign stances towards other groups in group CP?

I would love to see the not true scotsman communism between communist clans who hate eachother :D

Support +1

You mean like a page with recent diplomatic changes and ability to assign stances towards other groups in group CP?

Dis

This could be a valuable tool for promoting role play on the server. I'd love to see more complex relationships between clans.

On the other hand, it could completely fall on its face and turn into a tool for subtle and overt flames.

Still, I voted yes. Probably worth a try.

In past experience with other role play servers, the only outstanding issue was the overt flames. However, DayZRP is different, and this is going to sound brown-nosing, but it is definitely better in quality. Issues are brought to a hault as quickly as they raise their heads from a technical and community nature. Just push on that forum the same discipline that you guys display in others and it will be fine.

Your words not mine amigo. I was just talking about a basic forum for the server populace to discuss political issues IC that were rising in the server. If you wanted to take it that far, more power to you.

I used to do a lot of this when I was in CLF. Mostly in the form of letters to opposing clans. I love the idea of making it like intercepted radio transmissions.

Not everyone is going to play along with that format though. I think as far as we could go is to say that all posts in that subforum are entirely in character. The forum could then be considered an extension of the in game environment.

Yeah, just put it in the rules that only IC chat could be posted. It would keep un-needed flames out for the most part. However, in hindsight another issue I could see is people spamming the board with "Everyone rob ______ he robbed me!" despite the fact that the person posting the thread may well be the bad guy who just wants someone robbed for kicks.

You could take that for actual radio spam like it would in real life, but I don't know if it would add more "fun" to the server as opposed to just being a constant nuisance without any fun. I could see it being solved on a person to person basis. It could lead to people getting wise to the "people who cry wolf" and leave them being wanted for actually using the radio that way.

Like any feature or mechanic, it will be abused, and there will be issues. But with time it would be solidified out.

We'd just handle it the way you do TS. You can't gain KoS rights over TS, unless you're clanned, and why should the forum be any different? Clanned members could be using the clan forums to do the same thing, but it's a really clunky way to communicate. I'm not worried.

Flaming could be a problem, but I would like to give it a chance. +1

Don't mean to necro post, but I figure this could be brought back up for interest.

I like this idea. Its easyer for me who are new to the community and isnt part of a clan, or have the time to play as much as i want to.

So it would be a good way to keep yourself posted on the political situation between the clans those times you dont have time to visit the server.

Pluss! more RP!

Hmmm i love political RP, its my favorite RP.

Yet, i believe it should take place ingame. You negotiate ingame, you interrogate ingame, you talk ingame.

Don't believe the forum is a place for something like this. Makes no sense imo when all the different clans magically can contact eachother and discuss about stuff.

Beside Radio-class/Letters, IC communication over the forums makes no sense for me, what you suggest is too large-scaled.

You can/should only contact clans over "radio" if one of them gave you their Frequency. And even if anyone would name a certain frequency to discuss political stuff.... IC, i highly doubt anyone would discuss their political issues on a random frequency.

This could be an interesting feature.

+1