Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:36

Harvest pumpkins?

Do you want this to be added?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey

So I was thinking of this suggestion. In some epoch servers you can go near a pumpkin growth and right click on your hunting knife so you can farm the pumpkin and then you get one pumpkin, as you later can eat ofcourse.

So my suggestion is to add this farm option to the mod. This would add another variation of achieving food. But still these tiny pumpkin fields is not that easy to find, I know two places in the map that I remember has these and that is Skalisty Island and Prud. I'm not sure if there is some other kind of fruits that you can farm but if there is, maybe add the option to farm them aswell?

I might start a poll if this seems like a popular suggestion and if it's even possible. If there have actually been suggestions like this before and it got a no please tell me because I didn't find any.

• MVP

For this to work on RP there would need to be a means of limiting these pumpkins from appearing or add in a growing system which is pretty far beyond the scope of what is possible.

Epoch has large amounts of everything, whereas RP aims for limited resources. Technically the pumpkins would need to be removed when picked up and as far as I know they are static.

• MVP

For this to work on RP there would need to be a means of limiting these pumpkins from appearing or add in a growing system which is pretty far beyond the scope of what is possible.

Epoch has large amounts of everything, whereas RP aims for limited resources. Technically the pumpkins would need to be removed when picked up and as far as I know they are static.

Actually you could add/remove pumpkins pretty easy - they just wouldn't save over restart

• Emerald

Seems like a great idea, would be nice it if where possible to do this with other growable foods too if this were to be added.

• MVP

Actually you could add/remove pumpkins pretty easy - they just wouldn't save over restart

Fair enough. So pumpkins would refresh every restart?

Exactly :)

It's something im interested in as a alternate source of food other than just finding cans. I think it would be much cooler to have cans be rare and more people hunting, fishing and harvesting food

• Emerald

Is it possible to have a chance for you to harvest rotten pumpkins as well? I feel that there would have to be a system set in place to add variety and stop camping these spots on restart. Much like how different caught fish give varying amounts of blood.

+1 from me though.

• MVP

Exactly :)

It's something im interested in as a alternate source of food other than just finding cans. I think it would be much cooler to have cans be rare and more people hunting, fishing and harvesting food

+1 As mentioned above, more food sources in the world and higher scarcity of canned food would be pretty cool. Perhaps make them provide as much health as cooked meat and you can have a decent alternative and makes them appealing to use :)

• Legend

One word: pie.

• Emerald

As long as people can get too many pumpkins from a single pumpkin patch I like the idea. I dont think people should just be able to walk up to a pumpkin patch and be set for life.

I also like the idea of moving away from canned foods, I think that after this much time finding undamaged cans of food would be fairly low considering the stores are so frequently looted.

• Emerald

Remember, a few items of food every 4 hours is not going to be something that people are going to go crazy over. So if pumpkin was not a superfood, it would not get camped. Why not make is so that a pumpkin takes up two inventory slots and needs to be crafted into a single food with a hunting knife? Maybe give it a chance of being rotten inside?

Although I like the idea of farming and the like in DayzRP, I'm not sure if adding a food source to settlements (Where most pumpkin patches are found) is a good idea. People having to leave for food and water keeps the server mobile, being able to get some pumpkins from the farm and water from the lake means you would never have to leave and we would problems just like the old trade post and other settlements.

• Emerald

You could place the pumpkins in the same way as crashed helicopters, spread out all across the map and the chance there are ones without loot (Rotten pumpkins) :P

• Emerald

I Know in the aftermath mod you can harvest a number of things, then craft them into other items. For example, a pumpkin by itself can be made into food, but if you happen to find a moldy one you can not..

If you have a moldy pumpkin, some poppy seeds and a bottle (can also be harvested) you can make them into an infection antidote (Like antibiotics).

This meant that you did not always have the option to just raid the hospital, you had to find other ways to survive.

Bush Survival

Guest Dolphin

You could place the pumpkins in the same way as crashed helicopters, spread out all across the map and the chance there are ones without loot (Rotten pumpkins) :P

You Evil man! i'll never find my Pumpkins!

Guest Ketamine

This could be done rather easily i would just be like harvesting comfrey but with the option to eat it. +1 If you need any help making it i would love to give a helping hand.