Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 07:18

Net Neutrality (US Concern)

Net Neutrality (US Concern)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2147600/fcc-will-seek-input-on-latest-net-neutrality-proposal.html

This post is mainly for people in the United States.

Net Neutrality is coming under attack. If the FCC is able to make the changes they want. Companies will be able to set up "fast lanes" for people/companies willing to pay.

Why does this matter?

If allowed to happen companies will be able to further dictate prices in an already highly monopolized service and push normal people aside who are unable or unwilling to pay for preferred treatment.

I encourage all US citizens to contact there local Representatives and Senators. Let them know your feelings on this issue.

All I have to say is, Fucking USA, they do what they please and screw everyone else over, and a lot of the time, themselves too.

Meh, I think a better interpretation of our country would be more like: "Hey what does this chemical compound do? Fuck it! Throw it in the microwave and we'll see what happens!"

These peering agreements is worrying.

This will affect the free speach and the right to gain free information from the net.

As the FCC says, “The very essence of a’”commercial reasonableness’ standard is discrimination. And the core of net neutrality is nondiscrimination. This is not net neutrality.”

US is maybe first, EU is following.

All is about money.

Fuck it!

Personally I dislike net neutrality. In a free market the company's should have a right to compete with each other. The last thing we need is more government control.

I do respect your position on a Free Market.

However most regions of the country don't have a free market. Many ISP have a monopoly, and if the deal with Comcast and Time Warner goes through, there will be even less choice. There would be no competition.

Market already owns almost all net infrastructure.

This is not about giving government more control, this is about a market wanting to earn more money on the infrastructure that is already in place. Charge twise so to say.

Consequence will be that big companys with money, will get a fast lane to control more of the information content on the internet.

This is why the free speach and the right to free information is in danger for the end user.

• Emerald

Personally I dislike net neutrality. In a free market the company's should have a right to compete with each other. The last thing we need is more government control.

• Sapphire

[video=youtube]

as a european

Where is the freedom now?

• Emerald

[video=youtube]

as a european

Where is the freedom now?

I do, I will be nearly go broke just downloading not even playing them. The thing about freedom is that everyone is free to scam one another.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Sapphire

bumping this because THE FCC JUST RELEASED A PLAN TO REPEAL SOMETHING THAT WE FRIGGIN NEED REEEEEEE

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/fcc-net-neutrality.html

• El Presidente

I read about it on reddit, CRAZY SHIT. I can't believe most of USA population is watching and sitting on their hands as more and more rights and liberty are taken from them. In Sweden it's the same thing, everyone is so passive - "I'll be nice and just write to a politician". But in my fatherland - Poland - people make their voice heard properly or fuck shit up if they don't like something :D YOU CAN DO IT!

On 11/22/2017 at 3:13 AM, Rolle said:

I read about it on reddit, CRAZY SHIT. I can't believe most of USA population is watching and sitting on their hands as more and more rights and liberty are taken from them. In Sweden it's the same thing, everyone is so passive - "I'll be nice and just write to a politician". But in my fatherland - Poland - people make their voice heard properly or fuck shit up if they don't like something :D YOU CAN DO IT!

if net neutrality is repealed you will have a legion of gamers in the streets. Hardcore milsimmers from Arma 3 banding together with Altis life players for the sake of the greater good. COD players joining forces with battlefield players. We will fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight in the air, we shall defend our internet, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,  we shall fight in the hills, WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP
  • Sapphire
On 11/22/2017 at 2:13 AM, Rolle said:

thing is, we do those things to get our voices heard and then the 1% people with the most money pay to shut them up 

• Sapphire

It's called a free market. If people don't want to or cannot pay for higher prices they simply won't. Which will cause these companies to lower their prices so they can continue making money. Everything will be fine. You will still be able to check your Facebook 300 times a day next week / month / year without having to sacrifice your weekly rations, I promise.

Edited by Hebee
12 minutes ago, Hebee said:

It's called a free market. If people don't want to or cannot pay for higher prices they simply won't. Which will cause these companies to lower their prices so they can continue making money. Everything will be fine. You will still be able to check your Facebook 300 times a day next week / month / year without having to sacrifice your weekly rations, I promise.

this ^^^^

Edited by Guest
  • Sapphire
31 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

It shouldn't be happening in the first place. There was no need to remove it unless these companies wanted to cuck us even further. Yes its a free market but this is scumbag shit right here so there is no reason to defend it.

Regulations that go beyond public safety are unneeded and only halt or slow economic growth. It was not a thing until 2015 and it will continue to not be a thing now.

And I figured I should just edit in the words free market again, I know you live in California so you probably have a hard time grasping this concept do look it up though it is a wonderful thing :) .

When your only arguments are saying someone is looking to cuck you and calling them scummy instead of bringing factual intelligent dialog and proof of this to an argument you have already lost and proven the other sides point. 

I will await an intelligent well put together and thought through rebuttal. 

Edited by Hebee