Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 22:31

Official Battlefield Thread

battlefield_4_steam_grid_by_julilolbbc-d69847j.png

giphy.gif

Welcome to the official DayZRP Battlefield Thread. Here we can discuss all aspects of each of the games in Battlefield.

------------------------------------------------

What I will be focusing on now is the newest Battlefield game. Battlefield 4, and I will be adding very detailed explanations of each aspect.

Things that can be discussed are:

Drops From Battlepacks

New Expansions

Ranks

New Unlocks

Stats

And Anything Battlefield!

1. What are Battlepacks: Battlepacks are content packages featured in Battlefield 4. Battlepacks add a new layer of persistance and element of chance to multiplayer.

Through the course of their multiplayer career, players will receive Battlepacks containing random combinations of items designed to add customization options to give players more personalization. Packs will not include two of the same items at once nor will any previously unlocked items be repeated in the packs (excluding XP boosts).

While in Customization, items that may be received via Battlepack are marked with a special icon. Many Battlepack items are visually distinct but functionally similar from other items in the same category. For instance, the Vertical Grip and the Ergo Grip both increase weapon stability while moving; the Vertical Grip is a Battlepack item, while the Ergo Grip is unlocked at start or received through progression.

There are four main types of battlepacks that can typically be unlocked through multiplayer progression.

Bronze Battlepack:

Two standard items

One bonus item

Silver Battlepack:

Minimum of one advanced item

Two standard items

One bonus item

small chance of Superior item

Gold Battlepack:

Three standard items

Two Advanced items

Weapon Battlepack

Contains weapon accessories for a specific weapon, and is unlocked through normal weapon progression.

XP Boosts

Chance of receiving a Paint.

Premium Battlepack:

A Premium Battlepack

Exclusive to Battlefield Premium members

Contains Various Premium items

Veteran Battlepack

Exclusive to Battlefield Veterans. Includes:

"Splinter" Soldier Camouflage

Franchise Veteran Dog Tag

ACB-90

Scope (3x) for .44 Magnum

100 % XP Boost

Player Appreciation Battlepack

Player Appreciation Dog Tag

Two XP Boosts

2. What Are Expansions: Expansions are addons or new maps that are added within Battlefield 4 which gives players a whole new experience with different maps. Expansions come with 4 maps and plenty of new guns and assignments. New features are also added such as types of Levolution.

The current Expansions are: China Rising, Second Assault, Naval Strike, Dragons Teeth, and Final Stand. More are to be released Soon.

exp-plus-base.png?v=1405727469480rc4

3. Ranks: Ranks in Battlefield 4 determine your skill level and how much you play the game. Ranks in BF4 go up to 120 and stop there. However, ranks in featured expansions up that level letting you get to a higher rank. With ranks, you can unlock certain weapons, paints, dogtags, and skins.

Classes within Battlefield 4:

Assault Class

If you're not sure which class to use, Assault isn't a bad option. Assault rifles are typically excellent at any range, offer great rates of fire and top notch damage output. In order to get the most out of this class, you'll want to stick close to your squad members and have those Defibrillators at the ready.

Class Strengths

-Heal/Revive Teammates

-Strong Primary Weapons

Class Weaknesses

-Low Anti-Vehicle Capability

Starting Loadout

-Primary Weapon: AK-12

-Sidearm: P226

-Grenade: M67 FRAG

-Gadget 1: FIRST AID PACK

-Gadget 2: M320 HE

-Knife: BAYONET

Engineer Class

Being an engineer is all about blowing things up... sort of. Your goal is to help keep friendly vehicles on the battlefield while simultaneously destroying the enemy vehicles. The Engineer class no longer has exclusive rights to the carbines, which have been replaced by the PDW family. Don't worry though, all classes in Battlefield 4 can now use the carbines. Use the Engineer class most effectively on large maps with plenty of vehicles. Of course, this means you will want to equip a carbine, rather than a PDW as your primary weapon.

Class Strengths

-Destroying Enemy Vehicles

-Repairing Friendly Vehicles

Class Weaknesses

-Inability to Heal/Revive Teammates

Starting Loadout

-Primary Weapon: MX4

-Gadget 1: REPAIR TOOL

-Gadget 2: MBT LAW

Support Class

The Support class is for the soldier that takes pride in doing the little things to help keep the team rolling. With exclusive rights to the LMGs Support soldiers will want to focus on laying down suppressive fire and dropping Ammo Boxes at every opportunity. Not designed for running and gunning, players in this class should focus on setting up in strategic locations. Think Rush defense here.

Class Strengths

-Suppressing Fire

-Supplying Friendly Soldiers

Class Weaknesses

-Close Quarters Combat / Mobility

Starting Loadout

-Primary Weapon: U-100 MK5

-Gadget 1: AMMO PACK

-Gadget 2: XM25 AIRBURST

Recon Class

The BF4 recon class is the class in which players are to use Sniper Rifles and to help your team from above and to pick off players. This class is unique for long and large maps for it is to be able to easily pick players off and to get the soldiers out of spots in which the objective must be played.

Class Strengths

-Long Distance Engagements

-Laser Designation Capabilities

Class Weaknesses

-Close Quarters Combat

Starting Loadout

-Primary Weapon: CS-LR4

-Gadget 1: PLO

-Gadget 2: C4 EXPLOSIVE

Well, now that everything is summed up feel free to post anything Battlefield in this thread. And I mean anything! Anything could be from previous battlefield games which is also great to see. Also, more things are to be added to the thread and will be polished more. Other than that enjoy!

• Emerald

Just before you begin i'll say Battlefield Vietnam Masterace!

Also did anybody else so frustrated by the horrible hit detection of the shotguns in bad company?

Best thing is EA's complete disregard to fix the netcode and other major problems.

Nice wiki-copy :)

Netcode I believe is fixed mostly, I have not been having problems with it :D. And not everything is Wiki only the things hard to explain and are not as explained :P

• MVP

Best thing is EA's complete disregard to fix the netcode and other major problems.

Nice wiki-copy :)

Netcode I believe is fixed mostly, I have not been having problems with it :D. And not everything is Wiki only the things hard to explain and are not as explained :P

Oh aye, bits of other guides as well, here and there.

• Emerald

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Best looking knife in the game is the beautiful Trench Knife :D

trench.jpg

Top 50 in Europe on Xbox for BF3.

I have BF4 now for Xbox but it just doesn't feel the same as 3... I just like the reaction I get when a level 20 is destroying top ranks :D

Agreed, I thought BF3 was a great game and I was expecting something like it in BF4. The gameplay was amazing in BF3 and I always enjoyed it.

Guest Astycc

I really don't like BF4 gameplay compared to any other in the series, I was something like 114th in AH6 kills in PC EU group in BF3 and had over 700 hours played, I can still fly in BF4 but find the game very boring and unbalanced. I would play BF3 about 20x better than 4 anyway :)

• Emerald

battlefield-4-remington-870-mcs.jpg

best gun in the game. :troll:

jk i actually love it

• Emerald

I miss BFBC2

• Emerald

Yup the game won't launch again. I'm out. Well at least they said they were trying to fix the bugs fo real this time, but i'm not buying it.

same for me, also the vezic is making pump action shotguns almost useless.

• Emerald

Stopped playing BF4 in January . I hope Bad Company 3 is in the works.

• Sapphire

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-bad-company-3-will-happen-says-dice/1100-6415278/

Not in the works at the moment but Dice has said it "will" be made

• Emerald

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-bad-company-3-will-happen-says-dice/1100-6415278/

Not in the works at the moment but Dice has said it "will" be made

Thanks for the link to this. I hope this will happen.

• Sapphire

well...this is not fully BF but PR is goddamn good game (Project Reality for BF2). I love the squads and things like that (almost everytime I am a sniper / marksman / AT Rifleman)

Anybody else of you guys play this game?