Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 13:46

Weight System

I swear there were a couple of other threads about this, though I can't remember what the problem was. Until this gets cleared up, you've got a +1 from me. Prevents those filthy SDS and BHM from running around with their metric tonnes of equipment :P

• Emerald

nope -1

• El Presidente

A nice idea, I think it would work great as a trade off between mobility and a lot of equipment. Question is, how well these scripts work with DayZ and multiplayer in general.

• Emerald

A nice idea, I think it would work great as a trade off between mobility and a lot of equipment. Question is, how well these scripts work with DayZ and multiplayer in general.

I know of one good working scipt...

ITS CALLED ACE, GERHFRYJRHER

If you can adjust the amount of slots an item takes, you have an easier way to nerf the carry cap on players. A wheel should be 12 slots not 6. A sniper with a long barrel should be more then 10 slots in your backpack, but an mp5 should be less slots in your pack in return.

Or use Epoch system if that is even possible.

• MVP

Nope and nope from me.

Realism is good to a point but this is a game - it still has to be fun. Falling unconscious every few seconds from weight is not fun

• Sapphire

That's why you watch what you carry... Common sense people.it is a nice idea. Always liked epochs carry system

• Emerald

Nope and nope from me.

Realism is good to a point but this is a game - it still has to be fun. Falling unconscious every few seconds from weight is not fun

+1

• Emerald

I agree towards the poll i cannot add it though so a admin will have to.

You can add a poll yourself.

• Emerald

Would this be similar to the epoch weight system? If so then a -1 from me. Picture this. You just ran a long way to Prud. You pass out and 15 people run out like vultures and steal everything out of your bag.

Guest Tyrion

I think its like the Epoch weight system so it would work well,also it prevents people from running round with a huge LMG and a Sniper in their bag, thats just my thoughts anyway.

• MVP

I liked the epoch weight system, even though I personally thought it was too lenient. It was on the right track, but I shouldnt be able to move if im actually carrying 1000 pounds of equipment.

Im not sure if this is a vital priority to be honest. Most of dayZ's "heavier" equipment is already somewhat weight-represented by taking more inventory space. Spare vehicle parts in particular.

In that regard, Epoch's weight system may actually be MORE unrealistic then dayZ's standard inventory system, since you could technicly cram 30 spare tires into your inventory in Epoch, just not run very far with it.

• Emerald

I swear there were a couple of other threads about this, though I can't remember what the problem was. Until this gets cleared up, you've got a +1 from me. Prevents those filthy SDS and BHM from running around with their metric tonnes of equipment :P

Don't worry, I die more from my own stupidity than you'd think. I keep jumping out of speeding cars and hitting gas cans with hatchets, so I keep dying and losing my good gear.

As for the weight thing, meh. I think the limited item slots already kinda help prevent carrying too much stuff.

-1 from me

As Tam said, I like having fun in RP. Adding this would take away a bunch of the game aspect. Also in epoch I think there are larger backpacks.

• Emerald

The way the weight system works is just unrealistic. As Tomeran said, you can literally run about with so many heavy items at once if this where to be added, even if it's not very far that you can go, you can still carry it.

The way the inventory system works at the moment is great. All the heavy items take up a whole load of space to represent not being able to carry a lot of that item.

Not to mention the fact that if this were to be added, when you pass out from carrying too much, almost everyone within a 500 meter radius of said unconscious out person will just run towards you and pick you clean.

-1 from me.