Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:17

Banned for being a Lad.

Guest Gaff

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

None

Why the verdict is not fair:

I recently Joined the lads as my old friends from UKSF were here [From deadzone and the recently closed clan]. I was playing at Prud and was banned for 'Lad'. I went afk in the support channel then I tried to rejoin the ts server and Im perm banned can someone please explain to me why this has happened.

1. I have no idea why I am banned and neither do others in the lads.

2. I have recently just joined the lads and I dont exactly know in what way I was 'harboring' Steve.

I would also like to see some evidence or an example of me harboring a banned member.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I used to play with the accused perm banned player I was supposedly covering for and I knew he was once banned from RP. As far as I know he is in deployment so yeah. Recently joined the Lads and I have no idea why this has happened all I know is all my friends from the Lads and I have been banned for harboring a Steve Blazer.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: To hopefully have my ban lifted and anyone else falsely accused

What could you have done better?:

I dont really know what I have done wrong?

• Legend

The following is a message originally composed by Sin -

The Lads - RIP

There's been a lot of curiosity and rumours about the mass banning of The Lads.

The fact of the matter is that Mike Golf, one of the ringleaders of the group, was actually Steve Blazer, who was permanently banned some months back.

We initially received reports that he was back on the server shortly after we definitively denied his second appeal. We checked out the reports and had a discussion with him on TeamSpeak, but were unable to prove that it was him to the standard demanded by staff for permanent bans to be issued.

Today, we proved our case.

The rest of The Lads were banned because they knew about this violation of DayZRP terms. Many of those banned were present during the TeamSpeak conversation.

Lying to staff is never a good idea. The truth will always be discovered.

• MVP

If we have air tight proof, why would be make that available for you or the public?

Especially when it's from our very sensitive/secret tools...

We can't risk put it out, therefor we keep it for our selfs...

Guest worsley

Okay In the real world evidence must be presented and fair trial must be given, I believe that there is no actual evidence and the ban has come from certain members of the RP community saying "I think Mike is Blazer" Personally I don't know who this Steve Blazer is, I have never Played with him. The fact we all got banned with out proper warning is poor leadership if you ask me rather than confront us and talk to us like adults you ban us all. I enjoyed RP and I know the Lads did to we donated to this community to help with the running. I think we have been unfairly treated once again by the Dayz RP and this time I know you don't have evidence.

So this is what I will ask If we prove you wrong then what happens?

• Emerald

Sin and I did confront the large majority. Everyone single on in that TS lied to us.

This isn't a court of law. The evidence is of a sensitive nature and will likely never be revealed. We do not ban people on a whim.

Guest worsley

You can see how long I have been a member of rp and you know how long Blazer has been banned so please tell me how I'm lying to you. No its not a court of law but it is the way we all work! the staff have no evidence, I know you don't because I know who has been telling the staff shit! I have spoke to them and we have proof of that! the informant told us you have no evidence, So now you are lying to us! I say again please provide this evidence any sensitive information can be removed we just want to see what "evidence" you have.

I will also ask again if we can get you the evidence that they are two different people then what will happen?

• Emerald

Your attitude is doing you no favors, worsley. We do not have an 'informant'. The evidence, all of it since the conversation in TS, was gather by staff, and staff only. No one in staff is lying about the evidence, we do not need to lie. There is no logic in us lying about anything. And how can we trust any possible 'evidence' saying they are two different people?

• Legend

First, we do not act upon what is told to us. If the information given needs to be acted upon, we will start investigating the facts. We only act upon the facts what we find out by our selves.

It was already said and I will say it now also, we do not ban people for fun or because we feel like it. We got evidence enough to act and we did so. There was already numerous circumstantial evidence, but we wanted to be sure.

If you think you can provide us the evidence needed to prove that Mike Golf and Steve Blazer are in fact different people, then by all means do so.

• Emerald

Can someone answer me about the lying thing for the time I was in the ts no lies were told.

Everyone in the TS said that Mike Golf was not or is not Steve Blazer. According to the circumstantial evidence and the hard evidence gathered, that is in fact a lie. Unless you have additional evidence to say other wise.

• Emerald

What evidence to I need to provide to prove you wrong.

Evidently worsley has evidence. If it exists, by all means post it.

I just want to know how you are certain it was me who was covering for this person and no one else? How do you know anyone even knew the accused was banned because I certainly didn't.

I would like to say that me and many more in the lads should not be blamed for any of this and I would like you to make the judgement on this post purely on the evidence you have on me. I said nothing in the ts as I was afk after saying a few words. Mark just joined he didn't deserve it either and I speak for myself saying that I hope more people in the lads who knew nothing about the banned player come forward and will do the same as I have done because I know some people have been treated unfairly because of this.

• Emerald

I recently Joined the lads as my old friends from UKSF were here [From deadzone and the recently closed clan].

1. I have no idea why I am banned and neither do others in the lads.

2. I have recently just joined the lads and I dont exactly know in what way I was 'harboring' Steve.

I would also like to see some evidence or an example of me harboring a banned member.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I used to play with the accused perm banned player I was supposedly covering for and I knew he was once banned from RP. As far as I know he is in deployment so yeah. Recently joined the Lads and I have no idea why this has happened all I know is all my friends from the Lads and I have been banned for harboring a Steve Blazer.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: To hopefully have my ban lifted and anyone else falsely accused

What could you have done better?:

I dont really know what I have done wrong?

I just want to know how you are certain it was me who was covering for this person and no one else? How do you know anyone even knew the accused was banned because I certainly didn't.

I would like to say that me and many more in the lads should not be blamed for any of this and I would like you to make the judgement on this post purely on the evidence you have on me. I said nothing in the ts as I was afk after saying a few words. Mark just joined he didn't deserve it either and I speak for myself saying that I hope more people in the lads who knew nothing about the banned player come forward and will do the same as I have done because I know some people have been treated unfairly because of this.

We are not singling you out. We banned the whole clan. Just like we did with SKA.

The red above are some statements made by you that are contradicting each other. You say you knew he was banned, then you say you did not know. It really can't be both, Gaff.

I knew Steve was banned but I didn't know the mike was supposedly him

I will need to continue this tommorow at about 4pm tommorow as I am in bed right now and I have school.

• Legend

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

You have failed to convince us of the legitimacy of your claims. You admit you knew the accused and have clearly played with him on multiple occasions. We find it impossible to believe that you had absolutely no knowledge of who Mike Golf was. Furthermore the way you have acted throughout this reports seems to indicate that rather than trying to prove your innocence you would rather muddy the waters by trying to claim that we have no evidence.

Outcome

No Action Taken.