Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 14:17
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyWasHappy

New ArmA 2 OA patch.

ArmA 2 OA just got updated to 1.63 - what are you willing to do about it?

I won't downgrade personally to 1.62 because I have about 6 servers I am playing on with this version. I won't re-install patches whenever I want to play...

Please update your servers.

Patience my friend. I think the devs are working on it.

The update has corrupted my DayZ and Arma 2 OA no work for me :L sad times. Which ever keeps the server/s stable and online? :S

Eventually DayZ RP and all servers will HAVE to update their servers because this one will replace GameSpy since it will die in the end of May.

The update has corrupted my DayZ and Arma 2 OA no work for me :L sad times. Which ever keeps the server/s stable and online? :S

Well I didn't experience anything.

Guest whitepointer

Just wait, they're obviously aware.

Soon? :D

you know the patch change takes only few seconds? :D, well if you dont like to change the patch so you can play then you have to be patience.

From today previous betas should now also be available from inside Steam.

In Steam see ArmA 2 OA Beta, properties, Betas.

This should make it easier for Steam user to downgrade when wanting to play on 1.62 servers.

The end of gamespy will (maybe already now) affect multiplayer games that use gamespy for matchmaking.

This affects cd key authentication and NAT traversal from ArmA.

They do work on a alternative solution for Steam users playing ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 3.

The loss of the multiplayer server browser can easy be circumvented by manually setting IP and port. If you dont know the server IP and port for your choosen server, go here;

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Still got problems connecting or getting your game to play, search the troubleshooting threads, lots of workarounds there.

To update your client, purchase the new Premium DayZRP account. Sponsored by EA games.

Servers will obviosuly be updated otherwise no more DayZRp :D

But for now you can easily upgrade/downgrade at will usjng DZC or Steam. So feel free to play any server

hahaha oh trolle

I kinda came here for that haha :D

Guest John Le Bear

ArmA 2 OA just got updated to 1.63 - what are you willing to do about it?

nothing_o_751516.jpg

Any idea when we can expect 1.3.4?

Any idea when we can expect 1.3.4?

Soon

:troll:

Well, even if this is a necro, as i now have a bit more time again for gaming, i'm fearing that this:

This is going to affect multiplayer in our games that use Gamespy for matchmaking, cd keys authentification and NAT traversal from Arma: Resistance to Arma 3. We are planning to introduce an alternative solution using Steam to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3 users.

will mean if you don't have a steam version of the game, that you are not able to play on the DayZRP-Servers anymore as there is now no way of authentification of the CD-Key?

Well, even if this is a necro, as i now have a bit more time again for gaming, i'm fearing that this:

This is going to affect multiplayer in our games that use Gamespy for matchmaking, cd keys authentification and NAT traversal from Arma: Resistance to Arma 3. We are planning to introduce an alternative solution using Steam to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3 users.

will mean if you don't have a steam version of the game, that you are not able to play on the DayZRP-Servers anymore as there is now no way of authentification of the CD-Key?

Gamespy is a matchmaking platform, what IP and port, whos online, game stats and such.

Battleye is the anticheat engine that Bohemia works with, this engine will not be affected of the lack of gamespy.

If you get problems finding servers after gamespy end in the game browser, go here and find your server by choise and connect direct.

Gamespy is a matchmaking platform, what IP and port, whos online, game stats and such.

Battleye is the anticheat engine that Bohemia works with, this engine will not be affected of the lack of gamespy.

If you get problems finding servers after gamespy end in the game browser, go here and find your server by choise and connect direct.

Well, that i knew somehow a bit and it doesn't really answer my question to be honest as bohemia themself state that gamespy was used to verify the CD-Key and as it is stated by them in the link from march 31 2014, they will an alternative solution using steam...i don't own arma 2 on steam. Thats my point.

Well, that i knew somehow a bit and it doesn't really answer my question to be honest as bohemia themself state that gamespy was used to verify the CD-Key and as it is stated by them in the link from march 31 2014, they will an alternative solution using steam...i don't own arma 2 on steam. Thats my point.

That means that its the Steam users that will have a problem when gamespy ends.

It will affect them in that way that Steam lobby game browser doesnt use gamespy anymore for matchmaking.

They are probably working on a solution for this.

-snip-

-snip-

That means that its the Steam users that will have a problem when gamespy ends.

It will affect them in that way that Steam lobby game browser doesnt use gamespy anymore for matchmaking.

They are probably working on a solution for this.

Ok but wasn't gamespy also used for the normal arma server-browser too?