Server time (UTC): 2021-01-27, 20:32
Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

More Promising Stuff!

Basically, there are walkie-talkies in DayZ Standalone, and this video tests them.

[video=youtube]

if your reading this, the video has probably ended.

It would be awesome if they worked on the walkie-talkies so other people could talk through them if there on the ground, e.g, you get captured, you tell them to be silent, you drop your radio where they keep you, making sure they cannot see it, and you give hints like "Why have you taken me to this castle?!"

What do you think about these walkie-talkies? Do you think they need work on?

-If this is already a post, feel free to close it-

Imagining dropping 2 of those around a high populated area and initiating through them :D That would be awesome!

Imagining dropping 2 of those around a high populated area and initiating through them :D That would be awesome!

Oh yeah! It would scare some people aswell! A distress call would be great to put in the middle of electro ;P

Nice Video !

Could come in handy :)

Would be a great addition. DayZRP would be a ton of fun with them!

I can just imagine a robbery using these. A random survivor seeing one in the middle of the road, as they walk up to it the initiation is shouted out through it. The initiator is hiding in a bush with a sniper aimed on the survivors head.

Id imagine alot like the movie phone booth

Would also be funny to use these when unarmed to initiate making the victim believe you have a weapon aimed on them :)

Guest Likurja

Its really cool but again no cars no dayz SA for me then.

How about let's fix zombies in DayZ :D

Guest whitepointer

They keep adding in all these small things, which the excitement fades out after a-couple of weeks.

They really need to fix major issues. To me, this just seems like a distraction.

They keep adding in all these small things, which the excitement fades out after a-couple of weeks.

They really need to fix major issues. To me, this just seems like a distraction.

Sums up all my thoughts on SA.

Though I must admit they are pretty damn cool.

I agree, but if they do eventually fix the big issues, then they could work on the small things and make them even better, which will make the game more fun to play.

Jup , Stuff like no respawning loot and being able to look through walls in 3rd Person .

The walkie talkies are nice, but unfortunetly they're not a real suplement to other standard "ingame communication devices"(TS, skype etc). They're just...novelty little fun details that you can goof around with.

Why?

Because me, Livs and Tosme did a test with these things to try out the effective range. It seems to be just a few hundred meters. Its definetly under a kilometer.

That is...very short and makes them rather unpractical.

Then again, that test was a while ago so maybe they've boosted the range. If not, I sure hope they will.