Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:30

Clarification on baiting?

Yuval

After for a couple of days i had incidents where people pretty much do exactly the opposite as i ask (in friendly manner) or just fuck around with me to piss me off, i tried looking up on the rules the definition of baiting or examples of it IG, couldn't find much about this. Any chance anyone can explain to me abit more about this?

Someone trolls you or pisses you off just so he can gain kos rights because you said something hostile.

For example, standing in front of a car and wanting the driver to run him over.

Or just annoying anyone - like checking in your backpack until you get mad

Basically they want you to do a hostile action against them so they can shoot you

• El Presidente

Basically luring another player to do an action which you can then exploit and use to your advantage, be it IC or by using the rules.

Common examples:

- provoke someone to initiate on you and then get him gunned down by your team mates.

- send in a single badly geared team mate to initiate, get him killed by the other team and then get KoS rights on their entire team that way from a distance.

- leave highly valuable items/vehicles in clear sight and watch over them in order to get KoS rights because someone takes them.

Well i think just today a single group baited us multiple times into initiation in 40 minutes :P anyway i spoke to sidewinder in TS and your comments really cleared it up for me. Sadly i don't have a recording to report..

Can be closed, thanks!

• Emerald

- leave highly valuable items/vehicles in clear sight and watch over them in order to get KoS rights because someone takes them.

Would it be within the rules to leave a car or something in the middle of the road, and when someone gets in you initiate on them? Sort of baiting them IC'ly but not exploiting the KoS rules.