Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 12:58

Fucking trees

Soren

• Emerald

So we were in a firefight with S.D.S when I spot a member and shoot. Somehow all the bullets dodge right off him, which I assume is because of the tree logic in this game that they suddenly can make a force field around people. At least that is what I hope happened, and not some other mess.

Five minutes later, something that we assume is the same guy, shoot me through two trees that I am hiding behind. Somehow manage to get a perfect head shot on me even, through the trees no force field for me.

Conclusion:

ArmA is racist and prefer black people

or

ArmA is buggy as hell

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9T6R4rvMHc&feature=youtu.be

And yes I do panic a bit when I see him. It was pretty intense.

• Emerald

Well I think he was a friend of Chernarus and trees protect friends of Chernarus. You're a filthy 'Murican.

Right, because Somalians belong in Chernarus way more than Americans.

• Sapphire

This was near Novy, Lesnoy, yes?

• Sapphire

Conclusion:

ArmA is racist

I think this is as good an explanation as any.

But really the reason he can shoot through trees and you cant is because trees are like concrete walls 5.56 rounds (30rnd AK or Stanag) don't penetrate concrete walls where as 7.62 (M240 Rounds,PKM,AKM) do.

Stupid logic but thats how it is

• MVP

May the force be with you!

• Sapphire

This was near Novy, Lesnoy, yes?

yeah near the UVB radiotower

Shit.

We were in there, seen a guy run by, then we heard tons of shots - ran to Novy, more PKM shots, ran to Guglovo then ran away ahaha!

• Emerald

lol gg ( i was the one that hit you with the PKM ) no clue how i did hit you.

Guest MARTiN

When i first robbed the guy, i shot like, 10 bullets into his head and he didnt die. After i die, i see on my death screen how he falls down and dies. Then he gets kicked for too high ping :(

• Emerald

lol gg ( i was the one that hit you with the PKM ) no clue how i did hit you.

I got his revenge I was hiding behind a rock near Zip and Martin's bodies then popped up killed you grabbed as much as I could and bolted to Altar hill where I hid in a toilet

It was me, I listend to the warlord go in tree with big tree branch. What actually saved me was my headset. I heard footsteps and moved in the tree covering me from your fire. You did hit me once and I was bleeding. When I bled I ran backwards with the tree blocking our line of sight and moved behind cover to bandage. Then I did a zeroxis flank to be safe.

• Emerald

Fucking trees have such an awkward hitbox. You can never be sure if you're going to hit someone hiding in them or not :/

• Sapphire

Trees are youre best friend!

Never shoot at someone inside a tree, it will just reveal your position.

They are the creation of satan! and blessed with the power of the gods.

• Emerald

Trees are youre best friend!

Never shoot at someone inside a tree, it will just reveal your position.

They are the creation of satan! and blessed with the power of the gods.

knowing my luck i'll get mowed down by a pp bizon from 400m whilst in a tree

• Emerald

Trees are evil things... Perhaps someone should lead a revolution of hatchet wielding people to give war to the forests of Chernarus as vengeance for all the kills stolen...

TL;DR - Trees are a pain in the butt.

Happened to me a few days ago... Also had a moment when i flanked 3 snipers and wanted to one shot each one but their heads were made of steel apparently... arma Y U DO DIS

Its the worse when your in a tree and shoot at someone, only to notice your bullets arn't moving more then 5cm away from you because a branch is blocking it all.

I've learned my lesson many times, i know to fully leave a tree before i shoot.