Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 04:19
Sign in to follow this  
Uriki

Might I suggest a slight addition to the rules ?

Do you support the suggestion ?   

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[align=left]Heres the problem, people who as soon as someone gets killed the run right to the body and get the good stuff befor the person who killed them gets to it. IMO thats not fair because theres absolutely nothing the winner of that situation can do apart from rob the person who just went to the body.

My suggestion

If you go to a body of a person you have just seen be killed and go in to the gear without permission from the killer or befor the killer has been to the body and walked away you can be shot without warning for up to 5 minutes. This would not open up KOS right on the whole clan just that one person also the person defening their kill would not have KOS right granted on them from defending their prize.

Why I've suggested this

Every single time, without fail that I a person killed there are always 2 or 3 people on the body within seconds. Its BadRP and its...

for lack of a better explanation "IT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE FUCKING CUNTY TWATS AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY".

I think dead body should be treated like Vehicles. If left unattended they are fair game but if you know they "belong" to a person and you take them you can be shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

its not about the gear its about sending a message.

This could work... Like I see this idea as possibly one that could bring down the number of "stupid" reports for getting killed why looting dead bodies...

Add a poll maybe?

Sounds good, 'you have claim on what you kill'.

This could work... Like I see this idea as possibly one that could bring down the number of "stupid" reports for getting killed why looting dead bodies...

Add a poll maybe?

A poll there shall be!!!!

I was always under the impression that this sort of rule was already in place, for firefights at least. It used to be a rule that if you were looting a body during or just after a firefight then the clan/person who had made the kill had rights to shoot you for trying to claim their spoils.

Personally, I've never felt the need to rob someone for gear so I've never personally been affected by this nor have I engaged in many firefights. I just had a quick scan over the rules and couldn't see any mention of it, nor was there any link to the supplemental rules on the rules page which would usually highlight this sort of 'smaller' rule.

+1 would definatlly like to see this happen as this circumstance has happened to me many times.

I was always under the impression that this sort of rule was already in place, for firefights at least. It used to be a rule that if you were looting a body during or just after a firefight then the clan/person who had made the kill had rights to shoot you for trying to claim their spoils.

Personally, I've never felt the need to rob someone for gear so I've never personally been affected by this nor have I engaged in many firefights. I just had a quick scan over the rules and couldn't see any mention of it, nor was there any link to the supplemental rules on the rules page which would usually highlight this sort of 'smaller' rule.

For firefights yes, but if there is one person that trys to rob a big group of randoms at a player hotspot and one person smashes them everybody will run right to the body.

For firefights yes, but if there is one person that trys to rob a big group of randoms at a player hotspot and one person smashes them everybody will run right to the body.

It's an odd line with civilians because you're almost giving people an OOC incentive then to make the kill because it means they can rightfully take the spoils afterwards. Where as in an RP sense, people would be like vultures around corpses, trying to take anything they can and you'd have to role-play being authoritative and almost threaten people away.

It's a tough one in my eyes because it encourages people to take action with a more 'gear' orientated reason than to make an instinctive role-play decision on how to act. On the other hand, people running in, especially if they're unarmed trying to grab whatever they can from a corpse that you, with a weapon, had just killed then I'd see that as Bad RP/Lack of value for life.

I belive SDS wanted to have a smilliar rule implimented, they opened a vote aswell but it got nowhere...

+1 from me

It is already in place for firefights and clans I believe, at least it was prior to the new rules. Ever since it seems to have disappeared, I could be wrong though.

I think as it stands with clans the rule works because there is that clear demonstration of organisation, unity and power that you gain by being in a clan that in an RP sense would allow you to shoot those on sight who loot the bodies.

However with civs, imagine if multiple people shot at the man who tried to initiate. How would they know IC whether the kill was in fact theirs? Again we'd have to go OOC to the journal to check the kills and even then there would be a lot of confusion. I think it would cause more reports if anything. It's a no from me.

If I killed a guy and someone immediately ran up and looted him I would shoot that other person, in my opinion there's no difference between that and someone stealing from you, and stealing grants KOS rights.

I understand it can be frustrating if someone steals what you have earned but I do not feel this rule will help RP and this rule has some major flaws.

Reasons:

1. A Firefight should not be started to simply get better loot, most large scale firefights occur for RP reasons (i.e clans not agreeing on something). If you wish to kill someone specifically for loot then you should be secretive about it, stalk them until they are alone and then hold them up where nobody else can interfere.

2. If you were in an apocalypse and saw someone with good loot get murdered in front of you, you would surely try search that body, grab what you can an get out of there. You wouldn't be honorable and let whoever killed them have it, you would want it for yourself so that you could survive.

3. Lets say you find a dead body in a field and see no one around how would you know if the killer has taken what he wanted or hasn't? Surely people could exploit the rule by killing someone then hide with a sniper in a treeline for the 5 minutes given. As soon as someone touches the body in that time you would be allowed to kill them, giving you even more loot and a new time allowance of 5 minutes.

I feel this rule can be too easily exploited and is not in the interest of RP, sorry but its a no from me.

Guest magw33d

Imagine you are hunting game from a hut on an open field.

You spot a pheasant poking its head out of the scrub, and load up your gun to take a shot.

After pulling the trigger, and a satisfying cloud of feathers litter the sky, not a minute later a man runs across the field, picks up your spoils, and makes a quick retreat over the fence on the opposite side of the field.

This is theft, and a worthy comparison to what people do in firefights on DayZ.

You wouldn't just let that guy get away with your dinner, would you?

Wouldn't kill him either...

Guest magw33d

Who exactly regulates law in the apocalypse?

rolle and "rolle willing" my shotgun.

7GrgE.jpg

Sorry, I just had to :D

As for the idea, I don't like it. Can cause massive misunderstandings and result in unnecessary kills. If you think that someone is looting gear that belongs to you outside of the firefight, why not talk to him, tell him it's not ok?

7GrgE.jpg

Sorry, I just had to :D

As for the idea, I don't like it. Can cause massive misunderstandings and result in unnecessary kills. If you think that someone is looting gear that belongs to you outside of the firefight, why not talk to him, tell him it's not ok?

because people dont care they will just power game their way out of it and theres only one thing you can do and that is say "touch that body and ill kill you" to which you'll then be shot by everybody. "in real life" is passed around alot but its not "real life", if it were you'd be able to tackle them to the ground and take the stuff back that they stole.

But I undstand that it could cause massive misunderstandings and result in unnecessary kills but so can all rules that allow you to kill a person.

I've also come across people walking into the middle of a firefight (Bullets flying everywhere) and looting the bodies. You shouldn't be able to shoot them when there is no obvious firefight, but if there is they run into it and start looting bodies, then it should be okay to kill them. I see people do this all the time and it is a pain in the neck.

Your own moral?

I've also come across people walking into the middle of a firefight (Bullets flying everywhere) and looting the bodies. You shouldn't be able to shoot them when there is no obvious firefight, but if there is they run into it and start looting bodies, then it should be okay to kill them. I see people do this all the time and it is a pain in the neck.

Can't help to feel a bit deja vu right now, there was a thread bringin up this topic.

Every single time, without fail that I a person killed there are always 2 or 3 people on the body within seconds.

If it's not covered by the rules, it should be; It sounds like bad roleplay, no value for your character's life and, quite honestly, ruleplay, because they exploit the rules to steal some gear from someone who was shot nearby, which should be quite shocking and not just an oppurtunity to get some gear.

Maybe not killable, but definitly reportable.

EDIT: While I agree with the point that people would be like vultures, swarming around corpses to take what they can, I would find it odd if they didn't run the other way if they are near as the kill happens; If it happens around the corner or in the other part of town. Let the dangerous killer leave the area, because who knows what he'd do to you if he saw you looting his kill, and when it's safe, you can approach the body and take a look.

In addition to being very similar to stealing, running to the body immediately to me seems like bad RP. If you were to see someone being shot, would you really value his items enough to start looting him infront of someone who just shot the person?

edit: I would like to add that leaving a body on the ground just to wait for someone to loot it and then shooting, that would still be baiting. So no ruleproblem to be seen there.

I am going to give my support to this suggestion.

In addition to being very similar to stealing, running to the body immediately to me seems like bad RP. If you were to see someone being shot, would you really value his items enough to start looting him infront of someone who just shot the person?

edit: I would like to add that leaving a body on the ground just to wait for someone to loot it and then shooting, that would still be baiting. So no ruleproblem to be seen there.

I am going to give my support to this suggestion.

/\ this guy /\

i like

I think dead body should be treated like Vehicles. If left unattended they are fair game but if you know they "belong" to a person and you take them you can be shot.

This is a great idea in my opinion. I like how the vehicle claim rule works, the same things could work just as well with this looting bodies situation.