Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 13:22

Banned from DayZ RP - Reason: Previous Global Ban

Guest El Presidente

Guest El Presidente

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Battleye Global Ban #46493b

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe the verdict for my ban is not fair because I have already learned from my mistakes--I have learned that cheating is not acceptable. I learned this lesson over a year ago when I was global banned on Battleye for misusing scripts on DayZ servers.

I am going to be perfectly honest and say that yes, I was a hacker in the past. I was a hacker for the reason that several other people hack--a reasoning that could be compared to the reason people bully. I hacked because it made me feel good, and that it made me feel like I stood above others. But now I realise that a hacking-high is short-lived, and the effects wear off within a few moments. Hacking is a horrible, horrible thing. It ruins the gaming experience for absolutely everybody, and the only people that gain from the distribution and use of hacking scripts are the hacking script developers, who make 100% profit. I cannot believe that I, myself, ever stooped to such a low level.

When I was a hacker, I was young and suggestible, but in no way do I blame my actions on any sort of outside influence. In the end, it was my fault I succumbed to the lure of cheating and hacking, and it was my fault that I was banned for using said cheats and hacks. But I also must point out that I have disconnected myself from the people who were associated with me when I used to be a cheater, and I'm glad I have. Things for me in terms of mental, physical and emotional health have been looking substantially positive.

Since the ban, I have matured drastically through real-life and online experience. It has been almost a year since I was banned by Battleye for hacking on DayZ--June 23rd marks the day where I purchased another copy of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead from Bohemia Interactive so I could play DayZ legitimately and without the use of scripts.

Retribution against me has already been had by Battleye, and I believe that further persecution against me is completely unnecessary, because I will not learn anything more than I already have. By being banned from DayZ RP, no retribution is had, and it only leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth about the wasted potential I had in this community because of a mistake I made when I was not fully aware of how to conduct myself, and how to be a respectable player and member of a community.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

To provide background to my situation, I must outline that my Battleye Global Ban notification only appeared because I had recently restored my ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead system files. This put my old, Global Banned CD key back into use, and it tossed out the one I had purchased and implemented almost a year ago. Before I began playing on the server after I had restored my files, I simply switched out my Global Banned CD key to my legitimate CD key and continued to play on the server. I still have access to my legitimate CD key.

My point of view for this topic is that by all means, DayZ RP is in the right. It is up to me to prove myself as a community member, and it is in no way, shape or form the responsibility or obligation of DayZ RP to dig deeper into this situation.

Quite frankly, I am extremely happy that on this site, the administration and staff take such precautions toward the use of hacking and history of hacking. Unfortunately, I was caught in the fallout of such preventative measures.

In no way do I expect to have my ban lifted--in no way do I see it fair for my situation to be exempt among all the others who have been denied another chance on DayZ RP. But I would like it to be considered that I have actively tried to change who I am and have matured over this past year.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

With this appeal, I hope to highlight my own situation, and I hope for an official verdict be reached--whether or not it be in my favour. If anything, I wish for this appeal to establish precedent for future cases that are similar to mine.

What could you have done better?:

I could have never been irresponsible and immature in the first place.

• Emerald

Unfortunately for you, we have a policy to uphold all global bans. The only way to reverse this ban is to show an email from BE' stating your key was stolen and free from hacking.

I will assume from your post that this is impossible.

Ban holds.