Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 03:03

A Radio System

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but what if we had a radio system without using ACRE. I'm not sure how hard it would be to code, but it would be but it would be a nice addition.

Basically what happens is in-game another channel is added called radio, and if you have a radio, you can set a frequency by right clicking on the radio and imputing a frequency. After that, you can talk on the radio channel to talk to other people on that frequency. Perhaps it would also be possible to have it so it also speaks to other people around you like Direct chat. To add further you could add other things like Jammers and maybe a device that encrypts a radio frequency so that only when a code is imputed by right clicking in the inventory, you are able to hear and speak on that frequency (Perhaps to stop trolling you would make it so that an "Encrypter" can only encrypt one frequency), Ect...

This would eliminate the need for external communication programs like Teamspeak and Skype. Perhaps when the system is fully in place you could even make a rule banning the use of external communication programs. Another thing to add would be that when a clan is formed, you are granted an "Encrypter".

This would add a whole new dimension to the game. Clans could spy on one another if they learn their encryption code. Lone survivors could find other lone survivors to hook up with by searching through the channels. During war, some frequencies could be jammed. A whole bunch of new possibilities take place if this would be added.

• Sapphire

Me and a bunch of other Outlaws started doing similar things just a few days back. We would use an IC-channel on ts and press our IG push-to-talk buttons when radioing over TS. This creates more interesting RP-encounters and if I was home now I'd want to try it more.

Doing what we did is something me and some of the Outlaws hopefully will be doing more of in the future. I personally enjoyed it, and hey - thanks for the encrypting idea!

• Emerald

Would be nice to use the radios like Frankie did here when he talked to "Morgan"

The problem with this system that you propose is that it does not stop people using Teamspeak to metagame.

However if a rule was put in where people would be banned if they were found to be using these programs would make it work.

Would be nice to use the radios like Frankie did here when he talked to "Morgan"

I actually did get the idea from Standalone.

Look at the Wasteland Missionfile. You can add people to your group, then talk to them via Group channel. When you talk in Groupchannel it is just like talking in direct, everybody can hear it.

Why not just use a system like this? I believe it is already in Arma right? Because you can already use Groupchannel to talk etc.

No no no no no, there are a million threads about this prior and the answere to all is no, so to save you the time, this won't happen, it sucks as it's a good thing but it just won't happen sorry

No no no no no, there are a million threads about this prior and the answere to all is no, so to save you the time, this won't happen, it sucks as it's a good thing but it just won't happen sorry

I figured there would be an answer like that so I must ask, Why? To hard to create?

• Emerald

Even just searching the word "ACRE" it comes up with quite alot of results regarding the mod. It would indeed be a lovely addition but the verdict has always been no.

• Emerald

Look at the Wasteland Missionfile. You can add people to your group, then talk to them via Group channel. When you talk in Groupchannel it is just like talking in direct, everybody can hear it.

Why not just use a system like this? I believe it is already in Arma right? Because you can already use Groupchannel to talk etc.

Seems simple, helpful, and could prevent those unheard super whispers on radio that gives people every fucking detail about a robbery whilst you're in the headlights and being aimed at.

Is this possible?

I already tried to suggest that and for some reason they didn't want to do that but I really hope they will add this to the server while I think it's a really good idea to prevent any kind of MG.

• MVP

Seems simple, helpful, and could prevent those unheard super whispers on radio that gives people every fucking detail about a robbery whilst you're in the headlights and being aimed at.

Is this possible?

Find me a good wasteland mission with it in and I'll take a look.

Most wasteland scripts are super laggy though