Server time (UTC): 2021-01-28, 10:30
Sign in to follow this  
NathanLennox

Currency

Hey, everyone! First of all, thanks to everyone taking the time to read this and I'm glad that I caught your attention! I ask that you tell me your opinion on this and list the pros and cons of the idea, please! Thank you! So, let's get started. Epoch has bars of gold, silver, etc. for its currency, but I noticed a missing piece for the rest of the game's trading system, there is no currency! So, my friend Specter (Owen) and I were discussing the idea of starting a camp and having people pay specific supplies to gain entry for a set amount of time. He brought up the idea of trading, 2 DMR mags and 10 meals for a week's entry, 1/5 of the loot you scavenge for a month's entry, etc. I realized that everyone is different and some people would be okay with doing this, other not so much, and besides, if you find a M107 and four sets of flares, who would decide who gets the M107, and would someone be willing to give that gun up? Now that would be a hellish discussion. So, I was starting up Fallout on my computer when I thought about the "bottlecap idea". Let me explain for those who are not aware of the currency in Fallout. Fallout is a post-apocalyptic RPG with the Wasteland's currency being bottlecaps. You can find these scattered about, or drink a soda and just take it's cap. In DayZ if you eat a can of food (or soda) you get the empty can afterwards, and this can substitute for currency! We pondered on this for awhile thinking about how useless the cans are in-game, but a certain thought struck me "Realistically, is the U.S. dollar any worth except for literally burning? It's just green paper..." Well, thats all, people! Specter thought this was a fantastic idea and suggested that I post it on the forums to see if it could eventually become a server-wide regular! Thanks, for reading! P.S. I'm new to DayZRP so if any of this already coincides with something already added to the game, I apologize.

Unless an admin makes a trader shop this idea won't go far imo. It's been tried before and hasn't really worked...

Guest Dolphin

Why dont we just use Empty tin cans as currency. Its not suppose to benefit you besides trading it for other goods.

Even starting a currency on this server would be very hard.

When the new tp will come up, perhaps the CTC will cone up with a form of currency so that you can buy the countless items they might have.

And they have a lot mind you, they literally have a countless amount of civ vehicles.

/Moving to suggestions

/Moving to suggestions

Yeah. sorry! Again, I'm new! Appreciated!

Why dont we just use Empty tin cans as currency. Its not suppose to benefit you besides trading it for other goods.

Yeah, I mentioned the cans in the post, mate!

Guest Dolphin

/Moving to suggestions

Yeah. sorry! Again, I'm new! Appreciated!

Yeah, I mentioned the cans in the post, mate!

Sorry, i only skimmed your post. #chasedbyzombies

Once the TP comes I believe ingame items will be used to trade but currency I dont really like -1

in game items to trade for other items is fine and that was done in the past with old tp. currency wouldnt work however and personally I don't like it either.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

In all seriousness though, currency has been a widely conversed topic before. Searching for threads with currency in the title reaped a plethora of threads.

We have Tomerans suggestion about currency here. If you want to take a look at more threads the search function is the way to go :D

If there was some sort of currency, it would have to be backed by something useful, like how in Fallout caps are backed by water at the Hub.

Well, you have to all remember this topic isn't based around currency itself, just the fallout example of currency, but I appreciate all the thoughts and comments this has gained! :D