Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 12:02

New Building and Roleplay Material

So on one of my favorite maps called Fallujah, there is a fully enterable 5 story hotel. I think it would be cool if the hotel was added in, because that means that another player or a clan could actually run it. Offer shelter in return for a percentage of your loot yo scavenged that day, or say 10 cans of beans and 4 DMR mags will buy you a room for a month, week, whatever. It would be player run for RP, offer a place to live and "hangout" and open up a path to new experiences.

What do yall think?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fallujah

• Emerald

Short and simple; Won't happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't work. I don't know how things have been but usually when a new camp, place, whatever is revealed, every bandit and muppet will have a field day.

I do like the shelter idea and everything, interesting 'n all, but I wouldn't add a five story building for that. Maybe something more simple, small houses or those green barracks with beds in.. Just throwing things out there late at night.

Short and simple; Won't happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't work. I don't know how things have been but usually when a new camp, place, whatever is revealed, every bandit and muppet will have a field day.

I do like the shelter idea and everything, interesting 'n all, but I wouldn't add a five story building for that. Maybe something more simple, small houses or those green barracks with beds in.. Just throwing things out there late at night.

Bandits and muppets? If you mean Kosers, isnt that a bannable offense from what I read?. And thats why there is a settlement clause. It would pretty much be a one building settlement, with guards and rules. And actually, the barracks idea sounds cool. I personaly like the small enterable log cabins.

• Emerald

Bandits and muppets? If you mean Kosers, isnt that a bannable offense from what I read?. And thats why there is a settlement clause.

What I mean is; A large gathering of people attracts bandits and whatnot, which means the place would be under constant attack (note, I haven't been around for a while, and I don't know how much of a problem this is these days).

No amount of rules could keep those away. Only Rolle with his tank of Justice.

And settlement clause? Is that some new fancy thing to keep people from rolling over settlements again and again, and again? Or is it just a word for something already in place? <.<

Group settlements and player bases

Definition

The intention of the camp rules is to allow camp representatives to fully manage their camps in all reasonable ways without being interrupted by constant KoS rights that would not be fair when trying to maintain a camp. Members of the group who owns the settlement are called Camp Representatives - CR's. By entering the camp you must obey all reasonable orders given to you by the CR's without gaining KoS rights. Likewise failure to comply can be punished by the CR's in whatever way they deem appropriate. Basically, you enter at your own risk and accept that CR's are in control while you are inside the compound. The compound extends in a 100 meter radius from the nearest building or wall that is considered part of the camp.

Settlements can only be attacked by registered groups who have publicly declared hostilities on the owners of the settlement in a thread on the forums as well as in their own diplomacy table. Additionally, settlements can only be attacked with an established objective in mind. This objective cannot be "to kill them all", "to take their gear" or any similar reasons; you must have an actual goal to accomplish in order to attack the settlement.

KOS

Definition

You are not allowed to shoot at other players on sight. Killing another player must always be justified by the role playing and the actions specified in this rule; there are several situations where you can kill another player:

◾You have to make contact with the target before initiating a hostile action against it. Contact is made when the player has responded to or otherwise acknowledged your message.

◾You must explicitly state your intention to commit a hostile action or inform the victim of the consequences of non-compliance. You must also explicitly state each demand or order before you can harm the victim for non-compliance.

◾You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

The exception to this rule is known as the "Good Samaritan" exception. This exception allows otherwise uninvolved parties to try and rescue a person being robbed or otherwise threatened. A "Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly witnesses a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim. This should only be used when you have proper motivation and are certain the victim you intend to save will not be injured or killed by any repercussion of your actions. A victim may be killed if its robbers start taking fire from the saviors.

• Emerald

Well, I -have- been here since 2012, so I am familiar with the rules, except this part;

Settlements can only be attacked by registered groups who have publicly declared hostilities on the owners of the settlement in a thread on the forums as well as in their own diplomacy table. Additionally, settlements can only be attacked with an established objective in mind. This objective cannot be "to kill them all", "to take their gear" or any similar reasons; you must have an actual goal to accomplish in order to attack the settlement.

This is amazing, great and awesome at the same time. Should have been there way back in time, but eh, whatcha gonna do.

But, not to be way off topic; As said, the idea is good, just keep it a little simple. Instead of rooms in your majestic 5 story building, you could (as mentioned) keep it to small houses/barracks and simply keep it to renting beds, or an entire barrack for a group of people or something.

You could always work with the idea, since it could be interesting. People in an apocalypse could always use a "safe"/warm/cuddly place to rest for a small price.

Yeah, but the building is already made. Its a seperate file from Fallujah. Google DayZ Fallujah Hotel. All they would have to do is get permission and add it (and probably some technical scripts and what not)

But your idea is cool, renting barracks and stuff. I know that settlements are in, but I dont know details (waiting for applications to be taken again)

• Emerald

Like the idea but that can easily be obtained by the pcb's or doing what RSM did and gain control of a pub, like in the early days.

and what Mikasa said, Hot spot for bandits.

• Emerald

Fuck. Fallujah. I hate that map, especially on DayZ. I wish we could add more buildings/vehicles and general RP items though, we lack a lot of items which could be good to RP with really. Only problem is, most items to RP with tend to be buggy and have other issues.