Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 21:49
Sign in to follow this  
Owen.

Owen 'Kilroy' Bacon

Name- Owen Bacon

Nickname- Kilroy

Age- 32

DoB- 3/10/1982

Background Story: Growing up in Georgia helped me perfect my skills as a hunter. These skills are what lead me down the path I lead. At the age of 19, I joined the Army under a newly created Special Forces contract as I went to college ROTC to achieve the rank and age requirement. After I finished, I spent the next two years in Sniper School, SFAS and SFQ, during which I met my wife. We had 2 kids together, and modest home. When I was 24, trouble in Iran broke out. My team was sent to ensure that Iranian WMD's would be rendered useless in the event that America launched a full-scale invasion. Me and my team accomplished our mission, in a way. The Iranian MILITARY had no active WMD's. However, the Iranian militias did, and those ended up all over the world. They were used anyway when America invaded, and the death toll was unimaginable. When the militias detonated one in Tehran, me and my team were in a firefight in the city. Me and my fireteam made it to the Humvee and radioed our Captain on the comms. He ordered us to leave, that he and the rest of the squad would hold out until the Blackhawk got there. It never did... About 7 miles out from Tehran on our way to FOB Liberty, it happened. Tehran no longer existed, and neither did 3/4ths of my team. It was just me, Oakley and Jackal. We spent the rest of the war, 3 years, using hit and run tactics. Only our team commander, Colonel Howard, knew we were alive. And that's what kept us alive. After the war, I became a heavy drinker. I left the war with 107 confirmed kills, and many more unconfirmed. My family nearly left me, but I returned to my old Church in my hometown, where I became an active member once more. This saved my marriage, and maybe even my life. A few years later, Oakley called me. He was taking a trip to Russia, and wanted me and Jackal to go with him on a memory trip. That was when the infection hit. We became what we were in Iran, survivors. We were heroes, we were bandits. We were friends and we were enemies. We were whatever we needed to be to survive. Up until they were both captured by UN soldiers who were withdrawing. I can only hope that they are still alive. I found a HAM radio, and managed to make contact with a military outpost back Stateside. And with a one in a million chance, it was 3 miles from my old home. My family was okay. Now all I had to do was make it back to them. I am not a bandit, I hate them. They remind me of the militiamen. I am not a hero, except for when Im called upon. I am just a survivor, trying to get back home.

Right now I've got to remember there's two Ghosts now.

Any way welcome to the community and I hope you liked it here.

Hello and welcome to the community. All the best with your application.

I think this would actually make him the forth 'Ghost' (counting Rolle)...It's going to get confusing.

There is only one true 'Ghost' and he is a Grey Fang :P

sup..

sup..

Talk of the devil.

You called?

Oh, Im sorry guys. Thats just a name Ive used since I was 12 ( I stalked a deer for about 400 yards with my .308) since my uncle, grandpa and dad called me "little Ghost"

But yeah, Ill change it to avoid confusion. I guess its Specter now

Owen K. you stole my name xD

Never seen another Owen besides Owen Wilson...

I think 'Little Ghost' is actually quite good for a callsign, although Spiritus is fitting also. However, if 'Ghost' has meaning for you keep it. DayZRP is about your character and if you wish to use 'Ghost' so be it.

This is YOUR journey so experience it how you want to. (I'm sure another Ghost can fit into the community).

Ah, okay. Ill just be Specter, it has the same meaning but would avoid misidentification. Thanks guys, oh and when is the whitelist application due, I saw where its closed at the moment, so will that affect me at all?

Yes I believe it is closed to non-donors at the moment. They will re-open the whitelist at some point as they need to control the flow of new DayZRPers.

Best of luck.

dude i really don't mind i have seen many people with the name ghost :D

I've seen tons of people called 'Ghost' on the interwebz as well. Same goes for names such as; Ace, Nightmare, YoloSwagger420blazeit and ... I ran out of good names to use but you get the point. Some names are just really used and that's that. We have had multiple 'Saint's as well. Looks like the one and only remained after a while though.

Welcome to the community :D

Thanks Ghost, but its good. I changed it to Specter on my old server because me and my friend were well known and everyone wanted to cop us. So like 30 diferent Ghosts popped up. Its good.

Guest neom

1989 doe's not make your in game character 32 it makes you 24 as irl I am born in 1987 and I am 26

Just an update, sorry if this interferes with the necro rule. Thanks guys, Ive been whitelisted, and am about to start the download. See yall soon.

Congrats on the whitelist!

Thanks guys, by the way Ghillie Im Kilroy now :P

One question, I keep getting a message saying bad version, server rejected connection. What should I do?

Use DayZ commander and check for the required version. There has been a patch for the OA beta which is "wrong".

Also, congratulation on your whitelist.

Yeah, I was a patch above what you guys run, s I uninstalled Arma 2. Im reinstallin now, should be done around 5ish. And thanks

Sign in to follow this