Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 14:41
Sign in to follow this  
Owen.

Humanity 2.0

Should This Be Added?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so I have experience as a true bandit, a hero, and a koser. Ill admit, each style has its own perks and fun, but I prefer hero (dat badass skin tho)

Kos is necessary at times, but to be honest the amount is sheerly rediculous. And I know alot do it because its alpha and theres nothin to do, but were setting bad habits.

Hopefully a certain console game that was released will reclaim.the codkiddies that came in when DayZ gained publicity.

But I think there should be humanity update. Not just the bandit and hero skins, but also something akin to mental trauma and anguish. As you become a killer, your character hears things, maybe voices or screams of pain (seperate from any noise made by a nearby character to avoid screwups And confusion but add depth) and every now and then, say when you turn a corner, you see a dark human shape shadow move out of view. Maybe panicked breathing. It gets worse the more you kill. If you lay off killing, then it slowly disapoears.

BUT this is where the pshyco playstyle comes in to effect. As you keep killing, your pushed to a mental breaking ooint. You no.longer have the visions, no longer hear the screams of the dying. You now have no.remorse, no guilt. But you are anxious for the next kill, so you become fidgety. This is viewable by you and other olayers, but is cosmetic. The fidgety motions wont affect accuracy.

Any comments, questions, concerns? This is a rough draft, and Id like yalls input and see what yall think. Take care.

Very interesting not to sure of all these effects are implementable but would be cool.

You can always RP it out :D

RP it out - way too complex for implementation - but would be cool as an addition regardless

Okay, so I have experience as a true bandit, a hero, and a koser. Ill admit, each style has its own perks and fun, but I prefer hero (dat badass skin tho)

Kos is necessary at times, but to be honest the amount is sheerly rediculous. And I know alot do it because its alpha and theres nothin to do, but were setting bad habits.

Hopefully a certain console game that was released will reclaim.the codkiddies that came in when DayZ gained publicity.

But I think there should be humanity update. Not just the bandit and hero skins, but also something akin to mental trauma and anguish. As you become a killer, your character hears things, maybe voices or screams of pain (seperate from any noise made by a nearby character to avoid screwups And confusion but add depth) and every now and then, say when you turn a corner, you see a dark human shape shadow move out of view. Maybe panicked breathing. It gets worse the more you kill. If you lay off killing, then it slowly disapoears.

BUT this is where the pshyco playstyle comes in to effect. As you keep killing, your pushed to a mental breaking ooint. You no.longer have the visions, no longer hear the screams of the dying. You now have no.remorse, no guilt. But you are anxious for the next kill, so you become fidgety. This is viewable by you and other olayers, but is cosmetic. The fidgety motions wont affect accuracy.

Any comments, questions, concerns? This is a rough draft, and Id like yalls input and see what yall think. Take care.

You do realize that there is a "No KoS" rule for DayZRP?

Really? I came here to escape from how much KoS there was, but I didnt know it was forbidden. Thats even better, Im sorry Im still trying to figure out how to put in a whitelist application.

But thanks guys, it gained support at DayZforums.com, and I thought that this would be great for DayZRP.

My character has a mild PTSD that builds up more every time he kills someone if that is relevant.

An interesting concept but no. Realisticly not everyone who kills someone would hear and see things, it just seems a bit over the top. If you wish to RP it out, sure, go for it but forcing it upon people is just unneeded and pointless.

This has a complete and utter no from me.

Just to reiterate what has been stated before, the is no KoS on this server as it is a reportable offence and standard punishment is a 5 day ban/banstrike/character reset (Three banstrikes and you're out). This is a roleplay community so KoS is not allowed, before having KoS rights on someone you need to initiate (interact with them). You have to have a roleplay reason for killing someone. This is all stated in the rules.

Regarding character development/progression; it's how you want your character to develop. Some characters start as super soldiers, some as characters who had 'normal' lives and anything from preachers to 'fisherman' (SDS, cough, cough).

So you can adapt or implode in this environment, that's the beauty of it; to see how your character develops in the environment. Some characters who started as hero's have turned into bandits and vice versa. This is your story so tell it how you want.

To get a good idea of how characters develop/progress take a look at the roleplay section of the forum. Some excellent reading that can be extremely immersive.

Samaritan

Guest neom

An interesting concept but no. Realisticly not everyone who kills someone would hear and see things, it just seems a bit over the top. If you wish to RP it out, sure, go for it but forcing it upon people is just unneeded and pointless.

This has a complete and utter no from me.

This*^^ hit the nail on the head

Very interesting idea and I do feel lots of people try to engage in firefights just for fun rather than RP reasons, but I feel this is unneeded and forcing changes may result in destroying some people's RP.

Guest Likurja

Nope, its not a good idea.

I do not wish to see dark shadows or hear voices it would just drive me crazy IRL and it would make me rage quit. :(

The answer to all DayZRP suggestions :P

Guest King

Nope, my ingame character is fully aware when he kills someone not some raging fidgety psychopath :troll:. No from me.

The answer to all DayZRP suggestions :P

Really? I was about to suggest they add a bandit cow :P

Sign in to follow this